July 2, 1928 - Sept. 20, 2012
Robert M. Wainwright, 84, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, September 20, 2012, in his home.
Robert Mann Wainwright was born July 2, 1928, in Geneseo, Illinois, to Laverne and Georgia (Mann) Wainwright. Bob served in the Army during the Korean War as a radio technician and was honorably discharged as a sergeant. In 1953, he was united in marriage to Dorothy Carlson at the Augusta Lutheran Church in Andover, Illinois. The couple farmed at Hillsdale, Illinois, until moving to Fulton, Illinois, in 1966.
Bob worked at GE in Morrison, Illinois, for nine years. His wife, Dorothy, preceded him in death on February 21, 1973. He later married Doris Hendershott and she preceded him in death. Bob moved to DeWitt in 1979. He worked as a machinist for various companies and was well known in Clinton County for his painting trade.
Bob attended the Evangelical Free Church in Clinton, and was a former member of the Fulton Saddle Club, Solo Steppers and various dance clubs. Bob loved his family dearly and adored his grandchildren and great-grandchild. He enjoyed bicycling, helping on his son's farm, spending time with family and friends, fishing and boating, camping and taking family trips to Wisconsin Dells, and dancing, especially square, round, line and ballroom.
Surviving are sons and daughters-in-law, Ed and Joanne Wainwright of Morrison, Bryon and Jeana Wainwright of Fulton, and Scott and Theresa Wainwright of DeWitt; grandchildren, Kristen (Tim) Orr, Steven Wainwright, Allie Wainwright, and Emily Wainwright; a great-granddaughter, Lilly Orr; a brother, Glenn (Betty) Wainwright of Hillsdale; sisters, Arlie Klebe of Zion, Illinois and Sylvia Simms of Hernando, Florida; special friends, Judy DeWulf and Nellie James.
Preceding Bob in death, in addition to his wives, were his parents and a brother, Claire.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 2 until 6 p.m. Sunday, September 23, 2012. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, September 24, 2012, in the United Methodist Church, DeWitt. Pastor Wayne Wiersema will officiate. Burial will follow the funeral luncheon at Zuma Cemetery in Port Byron, Illinois.
Memorials are suggested to Mercy Hospice of Clinton.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Sept. 20, 2012
July 2, 1928 - Sept. 20, 2012
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines