March 15, 1928 - Sept. 27, 2012
Mary J. Goetzl, 84, of Clinton, died Thursday, September 27, 2012 at the Alverno.
Mass of the Christian Burial will be 10:30am, Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be her sons: Richard Goetzl, Kevin Goetzl, David Goetzl, grandsons: Derek Goetzl, Ryan Goetzl, and Kyton Rehder; and her son-in-law: Kent Kolwey. Visitation will be Monday from 4:00pm to 7:00pm at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Mary Josephine Ryan was born on March 15, 1928 in Waukon, Iowa, the daughter of Emmett John and Gertrude Elizabeth (Ronan) Ryan. She married Gordon H. Goetzl on August 4, 1951 at Saint Mary’s Catholic Church in Dorchester, Iowa. She attended Clear Creek grade school in Dorchester. She was a 1946 graduate of St. Patrick’s High School in Waukon, Iowa.
Mary worked for Northwestern Bell Telephone Company for 10 years and Jane Lamb Hospital and St. Joseph Mercy Hospital for twenty years retiring in 1994.
Mary belonged to Altar and Rosary Society, member of Prince of Peace Parish, 500 Card Club, along with numerous card clubs. She served on the Sacred Heart School Board also the Parish Council. She enjoyed her crafts, traveling and especially her grandchildren.
Mary is survived by her husband: Gordon of Clinton; three sons: Richard (Donna) Goetzl of Milan, Kevin (Sherry) Goetzl of Urbandale, David (Kathy) Goetzl of Clinton; two daughters: Cheryl (Kent) Kolwey of Davenport, and Barbara Rehder of Lisbon; seven grandchildren: Derek Goetzl, Ryan Goetzl, Alyson Goetzl, Bree Rehder, Serena Goetzl, Megan Goetzl, and Kyton Rehder; two brothers: John (Carol) Ryan of Guttenberg, Iowa, Dennis (Barbara) Ryan of Racine, Wisconsin; and one sister: Kathleen (Leo) Frett of Moline, Illinois.
She was preceded in death by her parents, one sister: Phyllis, and her son: Gregg.
Memorials can be made to the Prince of Peace Building Fund.
Death date: Sept. 27, 2012
March 15, 1928 - Sept. 27, 2012
- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, died Thursday, at her home. Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory with Rev. Chris Minor-Heilig officiating. Burial will be in
- Robert Petersen Clinton Robert Petersen Robert Petersen, 84, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Leslie C. Chandler Clinton Leslie C. Chandler Leslie C. Chandler, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, died Wednesday, Mercy Medical Center North. A funeral Mass will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial visitation will be Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Clint
- Carl Junior Anderson Carl Junior Anderson Oct. 19, 2013 - Dec. 5, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Carl Junior Anderson loved his country, veterans and collecting and shooting his guns. He died at age 73 in Thomson, Illinois, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at his home surrounded by hi
- Madonna Finch Clinton Madonna Finch Madonna Finch, 80, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Nora Glazier LYNDON, Ill. -- Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Morrison Chapel of the
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- More Obituaries Headlines