April 2, 1926 - Feb. 19, 2013
Edwin Jost, age 86, of Bryant, passed away Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North.
A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. on Monday, February 25, 2013, at Prince of Peace Parish. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, February 24, at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be in Center Grove Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Dave Byam, Randy Jost, Larry Farrell, Joel Petersen, Todd Jost and Garry Farrell. Honorary casket bearers will be Dean Gradert, Eric Lundquist, Tom Farrell, Dan Byam and the members of the Goose Lake Lions Club.
Eddie was born in Clinton County on April 2, 1926, the son of August and Mayme (Wagemester) Jost. He married Anita Hansen on February 8, 1947, at St. Irenaeus Church in Clinton. Anita passed away in October of 2008. Eddie farmed his entire life near Bryant. He was a member of Prince of Peace Parish, Goose Lake Lions Club, the Clinton County Farm Bureau and he served on the Board of Center Grove Cemetery for many years. He enjoyed yard work and helping his nephews with the farm work. He was well known for having his farm machinery in immaculate condition.
Eddie is survived by his sister, Lorraine (Phil) Lundquist of Camanche; a brother, Robert (Ruth) Jost of Clinton; sisters-in-law, Carol Jost of Clinton and Myrna (Raymond) Petersen of Bryant; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife; an infant brother; a brother, Arnold; two sisters, Irene Byam and Evelyn Farrell Nehrkorn; and three nephews, Don Farrell and Chris and Marc Jost.
Memorials may be made to the Goose Lake Lions Club, Center Grove Cemetery or Eagle Point Nursing Home. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Feb. 19, 2013
April 2, 1926 - Feb. 19, 2013
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- More Obituaries Headlines