April 2, 1926 - Feb. 19, 2013
Edwin Jost, age 86, of Bryant, passed away Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North.
A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. on Monday, February 25, 2013, at Prince of Peace Parish. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, February 24, at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be in Center Grove Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Dave Byam, Randy Jost, Larry Farrell, Joel Petersen, Todd Jost and Garry Farrell. Honorary casket bearers will be Dean Gradert, Eric Lundquist, Tom Farrell, Dan Byam and the members of the Goose Lake Lions Club.
Eddie was born in Clinton County on April 2, 1926, the son of August and Mayme (Wagemester) Jost. He married Anita Hansen on February 8, 1947, at St. Irenaeus Church in Clinton. Anita passed away in October of 2008. Eddie farmed his entire life near Bryant. He was a member of Prince of Peace Parish, Goose Lake Lions Club, the Clinton County Farm Bureau and he served on the Board of Center Grove Cemetery for many years. He enjoyed yard work and helping his nephews with the farm work. He was well known for having his farm machinery in immaculate condition.
Eddie is survived by his sister, Lorraine (Phil) Lundquist of Camanche; a brother, Robert (Ruth) Jost of Clinton; sisters-in-law, Carol Jost of Clinton and Myrna (Raymond) Petersen of Bryant; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife; an infant brother; a brother, Arnold; two sisters, Irene Byam and Evelyn Farrell Nehrkorn; and three nephews, Don Farrell and Chris and Marc Jost.
Memorials may be made to the Goose Lake Lions Club, Center Grove Cemetery or Eagle Point Nursing Home. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Feb. 19, 2013
April 2, 1926 - Feb. 19, 2013
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- Charles 'Charlie' L. Sexton Charles ‘Charlie’ L. SextonAug. 17, 1942 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — Charles “Charlie” L. Sexton, 71, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, July 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Cl
- Marjorie Behne WHEATLAND — Marjorie (Easton) Behne, 86, of Wheatland, died Friday at Wheatland Manor.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Schultz Funeral Home in Grand Mound. A service of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Christian Free
- More Obituaries Headlines