April 2, 1926 - Feb. 19, 2013
Edwin Jost, age 86, of Bryant, passed away Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North.
A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. on Monday, February 25, 2013, at Prince of Peace Parish. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, February 24, at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be in Center Grove Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Dave Byam, Randy Jost, Larry Farrell, Joel Petersen, Todd Jost and Garry Farrell. Honorary casket bearers will be Dean Gradert, Eric Lundquist, Tom Farrell, Dan Byam and the members of the Goose Lake Lions Club.
Eddie was born in Clinton County on April 2, 1926, the son of August and Mayme (Wagemester) Jost. He married Anita Hansen on February 8, 1947, at St. Irenaeus Church in Clinton. Anita passed away in October of 2008. Eddie farmed his entire life near Bryant. He was a member of Prince of Peace Parish, Goose Lake Lions Club, the Clinton County Farm Bureau and he served on the Board of Center Grove Cemetery for many years. He enjoyed yard work and helping his nephews with the farm work. He was well known for having his farm machinery in immaculate condition.
Eddie is survived by his sister, Lorraine (Phil) Lundquist of Camanche; a brother, Robert (Ruth) Jost of Clinton; sisters-in-law, Carol Jost of Clinton and Myrna (Raymond) Petersen of Bryant; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife; an infant brother; a brother, Arnold; two sisters, Irene Byam and Evelyn Farrell Nehrkorn; and three nephews, Don Farrell and Chris and Marc Jost.
Memorials may be made to the Goose Lake Lions Club, Center Grove Cemetery or Eagle Point Nursing Home. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Feb. 19, 2013
April 2, 1926 - Feb. 19, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines