April 2, 1926 - Feb. 19, 2013
Edwin Jost, age 86, of Bryant, passed away Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North.
A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. on Monday, February 25, 2013, at Prince of Peace Parish. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, February 24, at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be in Center Grove Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Dave Byam, Randy Jost, Larry Farrell, Joel Petersen, Todd Jost and Garry Farrell. Honorary casket bearers will be Dean Gradert, Eric Lundquist, Tom Farrell, Dan Byam and the members of the Goose Lake Lions Club.
Eddie was born in Clinton County on April 2, 1926, the son of August and Mayme (Wagemester) Jost. He married Anita Hansen on February 8, 1947, at St. Irenaeus Church in Clinton. Anita passed away in October of 2008. Eddie farmed his entire life near Bryant. He was a member of Prince of Peace Parish, Goose Lake Lions Club, the Clinton County Farm Bureau and he served on the Board of Center Grove Cemetery for many years. He enjoyed yard work and helping his nephews with the farm work. He was well known for having his farm machinery in immaculate condition.
Eddie is survived by his sister, Lorraine (Phil) Lundquist of Camanche; a brother, Robert (Ruth) Jost of Clinton; sisters-in-law, Carol Jost of Clinton and Myrna (Raymond) Petersen of Bryant; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife; an infant brother; a brother, Arnold; two sisters, Irene Byam and Evelyn Farrell Nehrkorn; and three nephews, Don Farrell and Chris and Marc Jost.
Memorials may be made to the Goose Lake Lions Club, Center Grove Cemetery or Eagle Point Nursing Home. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Feb. 19, 2013
April 2, 1926 - Feb. 19, 2013
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines