Aug. 17, 1925 - Feb. 24, 2013
Myrtis Ann Mallinger, 87, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at her home on February 24th, 2013.
Funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, March 1st at Jesus Christ Prince of Peace Church, Clinton, Iowa. Visitation will be held from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 28th at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery). The visitation will begin with a Beta Rho service. Burial will take place at Saint Irenaeus cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Myrtis was born August 17th, 1925 in Missouri Valley, Iowa, the daughter of Clarence and Dorris (Hatterman) DeVoe. She was a graduate of Central High School in Omaha, Nebraska . She acquired a Bachelors of Arts Degree from Mary Crest College, additionally she acquired a Teaching Degree from Mount Saint Clare. She also had additional studies at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska.
Myrtis was an Elementary School Teacher for 37 years, teaching in many schools in the City of Clinton; including the former Lyons schools and Clinton School district.
Myrtis was a member of Prince of Peace Church, she also was a member of Beta Rho, Sarah Circle - Bible Reading at Zion Lutheran Church.
She loved to draw and sketch and loved getting out and working in her garden. Earlier in life she enjoyed modeling for Beez Moisel, in Clinton. She was also in the drama society at Mount Saint Clare College and in the chorus group at Mount Saint Clare College. Above all Myrtis loved spending time with her family and grand children.
Myrtis is survived her brother Raymond (Maxine) DeVoe of Maquoketa, IA.; one cousin Marilyn (Duane) Goers of Marion, Ia.; her children - Donald (Sue) Mallinger of Fort Madison, Ia., Leigh Mallinger of Clinton, Ia., Robert Mallinger of Clinton, Ia., Patrick (Terri-Jean) Mallinger of Gladstone, Mo, Jane (Gary) Madsen of Charlotte, Ia., Brother-in law Les (Delores) Mallinger of Clinton, Ia., nine grand children, three great grandchildren many nephews and nieces.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 24, 2013
Aug. 17, 1925 - Feb. 24, 2013
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Robert J. Wolf Sr. Robert J. Wolf Sr. Sept. 26, 1935 - April 13, 2014 ELDRIDGE -- Funeral services and Mass of Christian Burial for Robert J. Wolf, Sr., 78, a resident of Eldridge, Iowa will be 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at Our Lady of the River Catholic Chur
- Sarena Dickey Weyeneth Sarena Dickey Weyeneth Jan. 13, 1923 - April 9, 2014 ROANOKE, Ill. -- Sarena Dickey Weyeneth, 91, formerly of Roanoke, Illinois, died peacefully in her sleep at the Robin Johnson Hospice House in Dallas, North Carolina at 9:29p.m. on Wednesday, April
- Dolores Mae Struve Dolores Mae Struve May 1, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Dolores Mae Struve, age 82, of Clinton, died Saturday Apr. 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, Apr. 16th, at St. Joh
- Virginia M. A. Petersen Virginia M. A. Petersen Oct. 27, 1910 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Virginia M. A. Petersen, 103, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the Alverno. Graveside Services will be 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- More Obituaries Headlines