Aug. 17, 1925 - Feb. 24, 2013
Myrtis Ann Mallinger, 87, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at her home on February 24th, 2013.
Funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, March 1st at Jesus Christ Prince of Peace Church, Clinton, Iowa. Visitation will be held from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 28th at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery). The visitation will begin with a Beta Rho service. Burial will take place at Saint Irenaeus cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Myrtis was born August 17th, 1925 in Missouri Valley, Iowa, the daughter of Clarence and Dorris (Hatterman) DeVoe. She was a graduate of Central High School in Omaha, Nebraska . She acquired a Bachelors of Arts Degree from Mary Crest College, additionally she acquired a Teaching Degree from Mount Saint Clare. She also had additional studies at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska.
Myrtis was an Elementary School Teacher for 37 years, teaching in many schools in the City of Clinton; including the former Lyons schools and Clinton School district.
Myrtis was a member of Prince of Peace Church, she also was a member of Beta Rho, Sarah Circle - Bible Reading at Zion Lutheran Church.
She loved to draw and sketch and loved getting out and working in her garden. Earlier in life she enjoyed modeling for Beez Moisel, in Clinton. She was also in the drama society at Mount Saint Clare College and in the chorus group at Mount Saint Clare College. Above all Myrtis loved spending time with her family and grand children.
Myrtis is survived her brother Raymond (Maxine) DeVoe of Maquoketa, IA.; one cousin Marilyn (Duane) Goers of Marion, Ia.; her children - Donald (Sue) Mallinger of Fort Madison, Ia., Leigh Mallinger of Clinton, Ia., Robert Mallinger of Clinton, Ia., Patrick (Terri-Jean) Mallinger of Gladstone, Mo, Jane (Gary) Madsen of Charlotte, Ia., Brother-in law Les (Delores) Mallinger of Clinton, Ia., nine grand children, three great grandchildren many nephews and nieces.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 24, 2013
Aug. 17, 1925 - Feb. 24, 2013
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines