Nov. 30, 1956 - Feb. 27, 2013
Richard “Ric” R. Roling, age 56, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at home Wednesday, February 27, 2013 after a long battle with heart problems.
A funeral mass will be held at 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Sugar Creek, Iowa. Burial will be in the St. Patrick’s Catholic Cemetery in Delmar, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 3:00-8:00 p.m., Monday, March 4, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston, Iowa with a rosary service at 7:30 p.m. A memorial fund has been established in Ric’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Ric was born November 30, 1956, the son of Sylvester and Mary Ann (Luskey) Roling-Koop in Clinton, Iowa, stepson of Jack Koop. He attended Northeast High School in Goose Lake.
Ric worked for Waldorf, later referred to as Rocktenn, in Clinton as a printer operator for 21 years. He was a member of the Prince of Peace Catholic Church, Clinton. Richard enjoyed riding motorcycles, especially Harley’s, building model rockets and airplanes. He cherished the time spent with his nieces, nephew, and his great niece. He loved time spent with his favorite Siamese cat, Harley and his friend Kate Rice.
Ric will be dearly missed by his twin brother, Ron (Carol) Roling, Clinton; two sisters Connie (Ron) Jurgs, Davenport, Iowa and Dixie (Darrel) Ploog, Goose Lake, Iowa; two nieces, Kym and Dani Roling; one nephew, Dylan Ploog; great niece, Annabell Roling and friend, Kate Rice of Clinton.
He is preceded in death by both parents and his grandparents.
Pallbearer’s for Ric’s service will be Dennis Weimerskirch, Loran Roling, Craig Yoerger, Dale Schroeder, Ron Sullivan and Harold McClure.
Death date: Feb. 27, 2013
Nov. 30, 1956 - Feb. 27, 2013
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines