Nov. 30, 1956 - Feb. 27, 2013
Richard “Ric” R. Roling, age 56, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at home Wednesday, February 27, 2013 after a long battle with heart problems.
A funeral mass will be held at 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Sugar Creek, Iowa. Burial will be in the St. Patrick’s Catholic Cemetery in Delmar, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 3:00-8:00 p.m., Monday, March 4, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston, Iowa with a rosary service at 7:30 p.m. A memorial fund has been established in Ric’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Ric was born November 30, 1956, the son of Sylvester and Mary Ann (Luskey) Roling-Koop in Clinton, Iowa, stepson of Jack Koop. He attended Northeast High School in Goose Lake.
Ric worked for Waldorf, later referred to as Rocktenn, in Clinton as a printer operator for 21 years. He was a member of the Prince of Peace Catholic Church, Clinton. Richard enjoyed riding motorcycles, especially Harley’s, building model rockets and airplanes. He cherished the time spent with his nieces, nephew, and his great niece. He loved time spent with his favorite Siamese cat, Harley and his friend Kate Rice.
Ric will be dearly missed by his twin brother, Ron (Carol) Roling, Clinton; two sisters Connie (Ron) Jurgs, Davenport, Iowa and Dixie (Darrel) Ploog, Goose Lake, Iowa; two nieces, Kym and Dani Roling; one nephew, Dylan Ploog; great niece, Annabell Roling and friend, Kate Rice of Clinton.
He is preceded in death by both parents and his grandparents.
Pallbearer’s for Ric’s service will be Dennis Weimerskirch, Loran Roling, Craig Yoerger, Dale Schroeder, Ron Sullivan and Harold McClure.
Death date: Feb. 27, 2013
Nov. 30, 1956 - Feb. 27, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines