Nov. 30, 1956 - Feb. 27, 2013
Richard “Ric” R. Roling, age 56, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at home Wednesday, February 27, 2013 after a long battle with heart problems.
A funeral mass will be held at 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Sugar Creek, Iowa. Burial will be in the St. Patrick’s Catholic Cemetery in Delmar, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 3:00-8:00 p.m., Monday, March 4, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston, Iowa with a rosary service at 7:30 p.m. A memorial fund has been established in Ric’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Ric was born November 30, 1956, the son of Sylvester and Mary Ann (Luskey) Roling-Koop in Clinton, Iowa, stepson of Jack Koop. He attended Northeast High School in Goose Lake.
Ric worked for Waldorf, later referred to as Rocktenn, in Clinton as a printer operator for 21 years. He was a member of the Prince of Peace Catholic Church, Clinton. Richard enjoyed riding motorcycles, especially Harley’s, building model rockets and airplanes. He cherished the time spent with his nieces, nephew, and his great niece. He loved time spent with his favorite Siamese cat, Harley and his friend Kate Rice.
Ric will be dearly missed by his twin brother, Ron (Carol) Roling, Clinton; two sisters Connie (Ron) Jurgs, Davenport, Iowa and Dixie (Darrel) Ploog, Goose Lake, Iowa; two nieces, Kym and Dani Roling; one nephew, Dylan Ploog; great niece, Annabell Roling and friend, Kate Rice of Clinton.
He is preceded in death by both parents and his grandparents.
Pallbearer’s for Ric’s service will be Dennis Weimerskirch, Loran Roling, Craig Yoerger, Dale Schroeder, Ron Sullivan and Harold McClure.
Death date: Feb. 27, 2013
Nov. 30, 1956 - Feb. 27, 2013
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines