June 15, 1909 - March 5, 2013
Viola Christina Giddings, age 103, of Sabula, died Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton, Iowa, after living on the family farm over eighty-three years, up until a few days ago. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, March 8, 2013, at the Calvary Lutheran Church, Sabula, with Pastor Robert Krueger officiating. A visitation will be held from noon to 2 p.m. prior to the service at the church. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Viola was born June 15, 1909, the daughter of Henry and Mary (Krabbenhoft) Henrichsen in Miles, Iowa. She attended country schools, rural Sabula. On February 8, 1930, Viola married William A. Giddings in Lyons, Iowa. They celebrated nearly 65 years of marriage. William died January 20, 1995.
Viola farmed with family on the Evergreen Hill Farm, rural Sabula. She was a member of the Calvary Lutheran Church, Church Circle, Miles Garden Club and the Jackson County Historical Society. Viola loved flower gardening and arranging. She also enjoyed embroidery, doing craftwork and word puzzles.
Viola will be dearly missed by her two sons, Dwain “Rusty” Giddings of Miles and William “Willy” (Lola) Giddings of Sabula; one daughter, Mary Ellen Clark of Preston, Iowa; nine grandchildren, fourteen great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandson, Alden; four stepgrandchildren; and three stepgreat-grandchildren.
Viola was preceded in death by her husband, William; three grandsons, Dwain Giddings II, Randy Clark and Daniel Giddings; one granddaughter, Brenda Clark; one son-in-law, Winston Clark; two sisters, Anna Welch and Bessie Culver; and her parents.
Death date: March 5, 2013
June 15, 1909 - March 5, 2013
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines