June 15, 1909 - March 5, 2013
Viola Christina Giddings, age 103, of Sabula, died Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton, Iowa, after living on the family farm over eighty-three years, up until a few days ago. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, March 8, 2013, at the Calvary Lutheran Church, Sabula, with Pastor Robert Krueger officiating. A visitation will be held from noon to 2 p.m. prior to the service at the church. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Viola was born June 15, 1909, the daughter of Henry and Mary (Krabbenhoft) Henrichsen in Miles, Iowa. She attended country schools, rural Sabula. On February 8, 1930, Viola married William A. Giddings in Lyons, Iowa. They celebrated nearly 65 years of marriage. William died January 20, 1995.
Viola farmed with family on the Evergreen Hill Farm, rural Sabula. She was a member of the Calvary Lutheran Church, Church Circle, Miles Garden Club and the Jackson County Historical Society. Viola loved flower gardening and arranging. She also enjoyed embroidery, doing craftwork and word puzzles.
Viola will be dearly missed by her two sons, Dwain “Rusty” Giddings of Miles and William “Willy” (Lola) Giddings of Sabula; one daughter, Mary Ellen Clark of Preston, Iowa; nine grandchildren, fourteen great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandson, Alden; four stepgrandchildren; and three stepgreat-grandchildren.
Viola was preceded in death by her husband, William; three grandsons, Dwain Giddings II, Randy Clark and Daniel Giddings; one granddaughter, Brenda Clark; one son-in-law, Winston Clark; two sisters, Anna Welch and Bessie Culver; and her parents.
Death date: March 5, 2013
June 15, 1909 - March 5, 2013
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks