June 15, 1909 - March 5, 2013
Viola Christina Giddings, age 103, of Sabula, died Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton, Iowa, after living on the family farm over eighty-three years, up until a few days ago. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, March 8, 2013, at the Calvary Lutheran Church, Sabula, with Pastor Robert Krueger officiating. A visitation will be held from noon to 2 p.m. prior to the service at the church. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Viola was born June 15, 1909, the daughter of Henry and Mary (Krabbenhoft) Henrichsen in Miles, Iowa. She attended country schools, rural Sabula. On February 8, 1930, Viola married William A. Giddings in Lyons, Iowa. They celebrated nearly 65 years of marriage. William died January 20, 1995.
Viola farmed with family on the Evergreen Hill Farm, rural Sabula. She was a member of the Calvary Lutheran Church, Church Circle, Miles Garden Club and the Jackson County Historical Society. Viola loved flower gardening and arranging. She also enjoyed embroidery, doing craftwork and word puzzles.
Viola will be dearly missed by her two sons, Dwain “Rusty” Giddings of Miles and William “Willy” (Lola) Giddings of Sabula; one daughter, Mary Ellen Clark of Preston, Iowa; nine grandchildren, fourteen great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandson, Alden; four stepgrandchildren; and three stepgreat-grandchildren.
Viola was preceded in death by her husband, William; three grandsons, Dwain Giddings II, Randy Clark and Daniel Giddings; one granddaughter, Brenda Clark; one son-in-law, Winston Clark; two sisters, Anna Welch and Bessie Culver; and her parents.
Death date: March 5, 2013
June 15, 1909 - March 5, 2013
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines