FULTON, Ill. —
Oct. 15, 1936 - March 4, 2013
Sylvia J. Hammond, 76, of Fulton, died Monday, March 4, 2013, at Yuma Regional Medical Center in Yuma, Ariz.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, March 11, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Pastor Jim Machen Jr., associate pastor of Church of the Open Door in Clinton, Iowa, will officiate. Visitation will be from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 10, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery in Fulton.
Memorials will be established.
She was born October 15, 1936, in Pineville, KY, to James Francis and Cinderella (Haley) Baird.
Sylvia was a graduate of Fulton High School.
She first married Donald C. “Bud” Remrey on May 28, 1955, in Fulton; he died January 10, 1987. She later married David R. “Butch” Hammond on December 22, 2002, in Morrison, Ill.
Sylvia was a homemaker and later employed by Clinton Electric Motors Company in Clinton, Iowa.
Sylvia enjoyed reading and caring for her family and friends. She also loved going to the Casino with Joyce VonThun.
Survivors include her husband, David “Butch” Hammond of Fulton; three daughters: Patsy (Jack) Wright of Dixon, Ill., Donna (John) Erkan of Mount Morris, Ill., Beth (Dan) VanKampen of Fulton; one son, Steven (Mary Howes) Baird of Coralville, Iowa; one stepdaughter, Tammy Wallace of Clinton, Iowa; two stepsons, James Hammond of Clinton, Iowa, and Richard Hammond of Maquoketa, Iowa; 5 grandchildren; 6 great-grandchildren; 7 stepgrandchildren; 10 stepgreat-grandchildren; two sisters, Eunice Weller of Clinton and Nan (Don) Loftus of Fulton; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her first husband, Donald Remrey.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: March 4, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Oct. 15, 1936 - March 4, 2013
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines