FULTON, Ill. —
Oct. 15, 1936 - March 4, 2013
Sylvia J. Hammond, 76, of Fulton, died Monday, March 4, 2013, at Yuma Regional Medical Center in Yuma, Ariz.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, March 11, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Pastor Jim Machen Jr., associate pastor of Church of the Open Door in Clinton, Iowa, will officiate. Visitation will be from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 10, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery in Fulton.
Memorials will be established.
She was born October 15, 1936, in Pineville, KY, to James Francis and Cinderella (Haley) Baird.
Sylvia was a graduate of Fulton High School.
She first married Donald C. “Bud” Remrey on May 28, 1955, in Fulton; he died January 10, 1987. She later married David R. “Butch” Hammond on December 22, 2002, in Morrison, Ill.
Sylvia was a homemaker and later employed by Clinton Electric Motors Company in Clinton, Iowa.
Sylvia enjoyed reading and caring for her family and friends. She also loved going to the Casino with Joyce VonThun.
Survivors include her husband, David “Butch” Hammond of Fulton; three daughters: Patsy (Jack) Wright of Dixon, Ill., Donna (John) Erkan of Mount Morris, Ill., Beth (Dan) VanKampen of Fulton; one son, Steven (Mary Howes) Baird of Coralville, Iowa; one stepdaughter, Tammy Wallace of Clinton, Iowa; two stepsons, James Hammond of Clinton, Iowa, and Richard Hammond of Maquoketa, Iowa; 5 grandchildren; 6 great-grandchildren; 7 stepgrandchildren; 10 stepgreat-grandchildren; two sisters, Eunice Weller of Clinton and Nan (Don) Loftus of Fulton; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her first husband, Donald Remrey.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: March 4, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Oct. 15, 1936 - March 4, 2013
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines