FULTON, Ill. —
Oct. 15, 1936 - March 4, 2013
Sylvia J. Hammond, 76, of Fulton, died Monday, March 4, 2013, at Yuma Regional Medical Center in Yuma, Ariz.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, March 11, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Pastor Jim Machen Jr., associate pastor of Church of the Open Door in Clinton, Iowa, will officiate. Visitation will be from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 10, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery in Fulton.
Memorials will be established.
She was born October 15, 1936, in Pineville, KY, to James Francis and Cinderella (Haley) Baird.
Sylvia was a graduate of Fulton High School.
She first married Donald C. “Bud” Remrey on May 28, 1955, in Fulton; he died January 10, 1987. She later married David R. “Butch” Hammond on December 22, 2002, in Morrison, Ill.
Sylvia was a homemaker and later employed by Clinton Electric Motors Company in Clinton, Iowa.
Sylvia enjoyed reading and caring for her family and friends. She also loved going to the Casino with Joyce VonThun.
Survivors include her husband, David “Butch” Hammond of Fulton; three daughters: Patsy (Jack) Wright of Dixon, Ill., Donna (John) Erkan of Mount Morris, Ill., Beth (Dan) VanKampen of Fulton; one son, Steven (Mary Howes) Baird of Coralville, Iowa; one stepdaughter, Tammy Wallace of Clinton, Iowa; two stepsons, James Hammond of Clinton, Iowa, and Richard Hammond of Maquoketa, Iowa; 5 grandchildren; 6 great-grandchildren; 7 stepgrandchildren; 10 stepgreat-grandchildren; two sisters, Eunice Weller of Clinton and Nan (Don) Loftus of Fulton; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her first husband, Donald Remrey.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: March 4, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Oct. 15, 1936 - March 4, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines