Oct. 26, 1922 - Oct. 6, 2012
Donald L. “Doc” Donahue, age 89, of DeWitt, died Saturday Oct. 6, 2012, at DeWitt Community Hospital.
Funeral services will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9th, at St. Joseph Catholic Church in DeWitt. Visitation will be held Tuesday from 9 a.m. until the service hour at the church. Burial will be at St. Joseph Cemetery in DeWitt. The Pape Funeral Home, in association with Christine Nelson, DeWitt, is assisting the family. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Doc was born on Oct. 26, 1922, on the family farm near DeWitt to Joseph T. and Mary A. (Ritter) Donahue. He attended Unity Grade School and St. Joseph High School in DeWitt. He served in the U.S. Army during WWII in Italy from 1945-1947. Doc married Dora Lester at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Rock Island on Jan. 6, 1962; she died in 2002. He was a third generation Donahue to farm the family Century farm since 1886; he retired in 1983. After his retirement, he and his wife traveled in their motor home, wintering in Florida. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church and enjoyed gardening and canning. Doc was a life member of the Knights of Columbus #532 of Davenport and past member of the VFW and Clinton Moose Lodge.
Donald is survived by his stepson, Harry (Morgan) Lester of Dunedin, FL; two stepgrandchildren, Kim and Kristin; six great-grandchildren and two stepgreat-great-grandchildren; a sister, Mary “Bernadine” McDermott of Clinton; a brother, Francis (Patricia) Donahue of Grand Mound; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and a sister.
Death date: Oct. 6, 2012
Oct. 26, 1922 - Oct. 6, 2012
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines