Oct. 26, 1922 - Oct. 6, 2012
Donald L. “Doc” Donahue, age 89, of DeWitt, died Saturday Oct. 6, 2012, at DeWitt Community Hospital.
Funeral services will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9th, at St. Joseph Catholic Church in DeWitt. Visitation will be held Tuesday from 9 a.m. until the service hour at the church. Burial will be at St. Joseph Cemetery in DeWitt. The Pape Funeral Home, in association with Christine Nelson, DeWitt, is assisting the family. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Doc was born on Oct. 26, 1922, on the family farm near DeWitt to Joseph T. and Mary A. (Ritter) Donahue. He attended Unity Grade School and St. Joseph High School in DeWitt. He served in the U.S. Army during WWII in Italy from 1945-1947. Doc married Dora Lester at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Rock Island on Jan. 6, 1962; she died in 2002. He was a third generation Donahue to farm the family Century farm since 1886; he retired in 1983. After his retirement, he and his wife traveled in their motor home, wintering in Florida. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church and enjoyed gardening and canning. Doc was a life member of the Knights of Columbus #532 of Davenport and past member of the VFW and Clinton Moose Lodge.
Donald is survived by his stepson, Harry (Morgan) Lester of Dunedin, FL; two stepgrandchildren, Kim and Kristin; six great-grandchildren and two stepgreat-great-grandchildren; a sister, Mary “Bernadine” McDermott of Clinton; a brother, Francis (Patricia) Donahue of Grand Mound; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and a sister.
Death date: Oct. 6, 2012
Oct. 26, 1922 - Oct. 6, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines