July 26, 1925 - Sept. 20, 2012
Anita F. Hall, 87, of DeWitt, died Thursday at West Wing Place, DeWitt, Iowa.
The family will greet friends Monday, September 24, 2012, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. There will be a private family prayer service.
Anita Fern Thomsen was born on July 26, 1925, in Clinton, the daughter of Andrew and Evelyn (Hudson) Thomsen.
She was a graduate of Clinton High School. In 1943, she married Harold Hall and they raised their family in the Low Moor community. Anita loved dancing, bowling and being involved in her children’s lives especially the time spent with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was employed at the Clinton Country Club and the Good Samaritan Home in Keosauqua, Iowa.
She is survived by four sons: David (Kay) Hall of DeWitt, Dennis (Linda) Hall of Camanche, Danny (Lori) Hall of DeWitt and Donald (Susan) Hall of DeWitt; 11 grandchildren, 3 stepgrandchildren, 18 great-grandchildren, and 2 stepgreat-grandchildren, and a brother-in-law, Robert “Brick” Leigh of Low Moor and sister-in-law Marilyn Thomsen of Low Moor.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two sisters: Mary Smith and Barb Leigh, and one brother, Andy Thomsen.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Sept. 20, 2012
July 26, 1925 - Sept. 20, 2012
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines