Jan. 25, 1931 - July 28, 2012
Floyd M. Peters, 81, died peacefully at his rural Bellevue home on Saturday, July 28, 2012.
Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, July 31, 2012, at St. Peter and Paul’s Catholic Church in Springbrook. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Lahey Funeral Home in Maquoketa, where a vigil service will be held at 7:00 p.m. Visitation will also be held on Tuesday one hour before the service time at the church. Burial will be in St. John’s Cemetery, Andrew, Iowa.
Floyd Mathias Peters was born on January 25, 1931 to Alfred and Elda (Wagener) Peters in Bellevue, Iowa. He attended country school at Jackson #9 and graduated from St. Joseph (Marquette) High School in Bellevue.
In 1954 he was united in marriage to Lavonne Guyer and together they raised 7 children. Floyd was a life-long farmer, conservationist, and steward of the land, living his conviction of “...leaving things better than you found them.”
Floyd was a community and county leader. He actively supported extension education and the 4-H program, serving on the Jackson County Extension Board and 4-H Youth Committee. He served as a member of the Jackson County Cattlemen’s Association and Jackson County Fair Board for many years. Floyd was also a founding member of both the Eastern Iowa Stockyards and the Andrew-Jackson Demonstration Farm. Floyd and Lavonne were members of St. John’s Catholic Church in Andrew for over 50 years and more recently St. Peter and Paul’s Catholic Church in Springbrook.
Floyd is survived by his wife, Lavonne; daughters, Kathy (Kim) Keuter of Dubuque, Iowa, Karen (Jim) Rohlf of Bennett, Iowa, Kim (Kevin) Enwright of Camanche, Iowa, Kris (Brian) Schoeberl of Lewes, Delaware, and Karol (Gary) Fike of Westmoreland, Kansas; sons, Steve (Sherry) Peters and Charlie (Jenni) Peters, both of rural Bellevue, Iowa; 18 grandchildren and two step grandchildren; & one sister, Lucille Deppe of Maquoketa, Iowa.
Floyd was preceded in death by his parents, brother, Elmer Peters, an infant brother, Glen, a step grandchild, and his brother-in-law, Allan Deppe.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to St. Peter and Paul’s Catholic Church of Springbrook, the Iowa 4-H Foundation, Hope Lodge of Iowa City, or the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.laheys.com.
Death date: July 28, 2012
Jan. 25, 1931 - July 28, 2012
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines