Jan. 25, 1931 - July 28, 2012
Floyd M. Peters, 81, died peacefully at his rural Bellevue home on Saturday, July 28, 2012.
Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, July 31, 2012, at St. Peter and Paul’s Catholic Church in Springbrook. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Lahey Funeral Home in Maquoketa, where a vigil service will be held at 7:00 p.m. Visitation will also be held on Tuesday one hour before the service time at the church. Burial will be in St. John’s Cemetery, Andrew, Iowa.
Floyd Mathias Peters was born on January 25, 1931 to Alfred and Elda (Wagener) Peters in Bellevue, Iowa. He attended country school at Jackson #9 and graduated from St. Joseph (Marquette) High School in Bellevue.
In 1954 he was united in marriage to Lavonne Guyer and together they raised 7 children. Floyd was a life-long farmer, conservationist, and steward of the land, living his conviction of “...leaving things better than you found them.”
Floyd was a community and county leader. He actively supported extension education and the 4-H program, serving on the Jackson County Extension Board and 4-H Youth Committee. He served as a member of the Jackson County Cattlemen’s Association and Jackson County Fair Board for many years. Floyd was also a founding member of both the Eastern Iowa Stockyards and the Andrew-Jackson Demonstration Farm. Floyd and Lavonne were members of St. John’s Catholic Church in Andrew for over 50 years and more recently St. Peter and Paul’s Catholic Church in Springbrook.
Floyd is survived by his wife, Lavonne; daughters, Kathy (Kim) Keuter of Dubuque, Iowa, Karen (Jim) Rohlf of Bennett, Iowa, Kim (Kevin) Enwright of Camanche, Iowa, Kris (Brian) Schoeberl of Lewes, Delaware, and Karol (Gary) Fike of Westmoreland, Kansas; sons, Steve (Sherry) Peters and Charlie (Jenni) Peters, both of rural Bellevue, Iowa; 18 grandchildren and two step grandchildren; & one sister, Lucille Deppe of Maquoketa, Iowa.
Floyd was preceded in death by his parents, brother, Elmer Peters, an infant brother, Glen, a step grandchild, and his brother-in-law, Allan Deppe.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to St. Peter and Paul’s Catholic Church of Springbrook, the Iowa 4-H Foundation, Hope Lodge of Iowa City, or the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.laheys.com.
Death date: July 28, 2012
Jan. 25, 1931 - July 28, 2012
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines