Jan. 25, 1931 - July 28, 2012
Floyd M. Peters, 81, died peacefully at his rural Bellevue home on Saturday, July 28, 2012.
Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, July 31, 2012, at St. Peter and Paul’s Catholic Church in Springbrook. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Lahey Funeral Home in Maquoketa, where a vigil service will be held at 7:00 p.m. Visitation will also be held on Tuesday one hour before the service time at the church. Burial will be in St. John’s Cemetery, Andrew, Iowa.
Floyd Mathias Peters was born on January 25, 1931 to Alfred and Elda (Wagener) Peters in Bellevue, Iowa. He attended country school at Jackson #9 and graduated from St. Joseph (Marquette) High School in Bellevue.
In 1954 he was united in marriage to Lavonne Guyer and together they raised 7 children. Floyd was a life-long farmer, conservationist, and steward of the land, living his conviction of “...leaving things better than you found them.”
Floyd was a community and county leader. He actively supported extension education and the 4-H program, serving on the Jackson County Extension Board and 4-H Youth Committee. He served as a member of the Jackson County Cattlemen’s Association and Jackson County Fair Board for many years. Floyd was also a founding member of both the Eastern Iowa Stockyards and the Andrew-Jackson Demonstration Farm. Floyd and Lavonne were members of St. John’s Catholic Church in Andrew for over 50 years and more recently St. Peter and Paul’s Catholic Church in Springbrook.
Floyd is survived by his wife, Lavonne; daughters, Kathy (Kim) Keuter of Dubuque, Iowa, Karen (Jim) Rohlf of Bennett, Iowa, Kim (Kevin) Enwright of Camanche, Iowa, Kris (Brian) Schoeberl of Lewes, Delaware, and Karol (Gary) Fike of Westmoreland, Kansas; sons, Steve (Sherry) Peters and Charlie (Jenni) Peters, both of rural Bellevue, Iowa; 18 grandchildren and two step grandchildren; & one sister, Lucille Deppe of Maquoketa, Iowa.
Floyd was preceded in death by his parents, brother, Elmer Peters, an infant brother, Glen, a step grandchild, and his brother-in-law, Allan Deppe.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to St. Peter and Paul’s Catholic Church of Springbrook, the Iowa 4-H Foundation, Hope Lodge of Iowa City, or the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.laheys.com.
Death date: July 28, 2012
Jan. 25, 1931 - July 28, 2012
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines