SAVANNA, Ill. —
Feb. 21, 1931 - Nov. 17, 2012
Lavonne Anna “Bonnie” Martens, age 81, of Savanna, Illinois, died Saturday, November 17, 2012, at the Good Samaritan Nursing Home, Mount Carroll, Illinois.
A funeral service will be held 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. Burial will be in Bethel Cemetery, Milledgeville, Illinois. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, November 20, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. A memorial fund has been established in Bonnie’s memory for the Good Samaritan Nursing Home, Mount Carroll.
Condolences and tributes may be shared at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Bonnie was born February 21, 1931, in Sterling, Illinois, the daughter of Walter and Francis (Reins) Kunde. She attended Sterling schools. On October 15, 1947, Bonnie married Harry “Pete” Martens in Sterling. They have celebrated sixty-five years of marriage.
Bonnie loved spending time with family and friends. She also enjoyed scrapbooking, swimming, fishing and traveling. She and her husband Pete worked together in family businesses for many years. Bonnie began her working career by washing eggs at the Parks Egg Farm in Milledgeville. She also drove a school bus, worked at Wayne’s Royal Blue Grocery, Milledgeville and Stouts Drug Store, Savanna. She and her husband, Pete, owned and operated the Martin House Restaurant, Milledgeville; the Riverview Road Store, Thomson; and the Pool 13 Supper Club, Savanna.
Bonnie will be dearly missed by her husband, Pete, of Good Sam, Mount Carroll; a daughter, Connie Bell and fiancé Steven of Largo, Florida; a son, Tim and Susan Martens of Pearl City, Illinois; five grandchildren, Dennis Martens, Nikki Bell, Devin (Jolene) Martens, Natalie (Andrew) Kindt and Derek Martens; two stepgrandchildren, Marissa and Gabriele Kindt; five great-grandchildren, Kip, Sandra, Dustin, Samuel and Genevieve; a brother, Bruce (Gloria) Kunde of Sterling; and a sister, Nancy (Carl) Gates of rural Milledgeville.
Bonnie is preceded in death by both parents and two sisters, Jeanne White and Joanne Wilken.
Death date: Nov. 17, 2012
SAVANNA, Ill. —
Feb. 21, 1931 - Nov. 17, 2012
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines