SAVANNA, Ill. —
Feb. 21, 1931 - Nov. 17, 2012
Lavonne Anna “Bonnie” Martens, age 81, of Savanna, Illinois, died Saturday, November 17, 2012, at the Good Samaritan Nursing Home, Mount Carroll, Illinois.
A funeral service will be held 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. Burial will be in Bethel Cemetery, Milledgeville, Illinois. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, November 20, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. A memorial fund has been established in Bonnie’s memory for the Good Samaritan Nursing Home, Mount Carroll.
Condolences and tributes may be shared at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Bonnie was born February 21, 1931, in Sterling, Illinois, the daughter of Walter and Francis (Reins) Kunde. She attended Sterling schools. On October 15, 1947, Bonnie married Harry “Pete” Martens in Sterling. They have celebrated sixty-five years of marriage.
Bonnie loved spending time with family and friends. She also enjoyed scrapbooking, swimming, fishing and traveling. She and her husband Pete worked together in family businesses for many years. Bonnie began her working career by washing eggs at the Parks Egg Farm in Milledgeville. She also drove a school bus, worked at Wayne’s Royal Blue Grocery, Milledgeville and Stouts Drug Store, Savanna. She and her husband, Pete, owned and operated the Martin House Restaurant, Milledgeville; the Riverview Road Store, Thomson; and the Pool 13 Supper Club, Savanna.
Bonnie will be dearly missed by her husband, Pete, of Good Sam, Mount Carroll; a daughter, Connie Bell and fiancé Steven of Largo, Florida; a son, Tim and Susan Martens of Pearl City, Illinois; five grandchildren, Dennis Martens, Nikki Bell, Devin (Jolene) Martens, Natalie (Andrew) Kindt and Derek Martens; two stepgrandchildren, Marissa and Gabriele Kindt; five great-grandchildren, Kip, Sandra, Dustin, Samuel and Genevieve; a brother, Bruce (Gloria) Kunde of Sterling; and a sister, Nancy (Carl) Gates of rural Milledgeville.
Bonnie is preceded in death by both parents and two sisters, Jeanne White and Joanne Wilken.
Death date: Nov. 17, 2012
SAVANNA, Ill. —
Feb. 21, 1931 - Nov. 17, 2012
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines