SAVANNA, Ill. —
Feb. 21, 1931 - Nov. 17, 2012
Lavonne Anna “Bonnie” Martens, age 81, of Savanna, Illinois, died Saturday, November 17, 2012, at the Good Samaritan Nursing Home, Mount Carroll, Illinois.
A funeral service will be held 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. Burial will be in Bethel Cemetery, Milledgeville, Illinois. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, November 20, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. A memorial fund has been established in Bonnie’s memory for the Good Samaritan Nursing Home, Mount Carroll.
Condolences and tributes may be shared at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Bonnie was born February 21, 1931, in Sterling, Illinois, the daughter of Walter and Francis (Reins) Kunde. She attended Sterling schools. On October 15, 1947, Bonnie married Harry “Pete” Martens in Sterling. They have celebrated sixty-five years of marriage.
Bonnie loved spending time with family and friends. She also enjoyed scrapbooking, swimming, fishing and traveling. She and her husband Pete worked together in family businesses for many years. Bonnie began her working career by washing eggs at the Parks Egg Farm in Milledgeville. She also drove a school bus, worked at Wayne’s Royal Blue Grocery, Milledgeville and Stouts Drug Store, Savanna. She and her husband, Pete, owned and operated the Martin House Restaurant, Milledgeville; the Riverview Road Store, Thomson; and the Pool 13 Supper Club, Savanna.
Bonnie will be dearly missed by her husband, Pete, of Good Sam, Mount Carroll; a daughter, Connie Bell and fiancé Steven of Largo, Florida; a son, Tim and Susan Martens of Pearl City, Illinois; five grandchildren, Dennis Martens, Nikki Bell, Devin (Jolene) Martens, Natalie (Andrew) Kindt and Derek Martens; two stepgrandchildren, Marissa and Gabriele Kindt; five great-grandchildren, Kip, Sandra, Dustin, Samuel and Genevieve; a brother, Bruce (Gloria) Kunde of Sterling; and a sister, Nancy (Carl) Gates of rural Milledgeville.
Bonnie is preceded in death by both parents and two sisters, Jeanne White and Joanne Wilken.
Death date: Nov. 17, 2012
SAVANNA, Ill. —
Feb. 21, 1931 - Nov. 17, 2012
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines