Moline, Ill. —
Phyllis M. Whitmore
Feb. 23, 1928-Jan. 4, 2013
MOLINE, Ill. — Phyllis M. Whitmore, 84, of Moline, died Friday, January 4, 2013, at the Illini Restorative Care Center in Silvis.
Funeral services will be 11a.m. Wednesday at Schroder Mortuary in Silvis. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the mortuary.
Memorials may be made to Silvis United Methodist Church. Burial will be in the Rock Island Memorial Park Cemetery.
She was born Feb. 23, 1928, in Fruitland, Iowa, to Harold J. and Helen Letts Hazlett. She married Calvin C. Whitmore on June 23, 1946, in Rock Island.
Phyllis graduated from Rock Island High School in 1946.
She retired from Deere and Company as an accountant.
She enjoyed reading, traveling, bowling and her family.
Survivors include her husband, Calvin; children: Steve (Alma) Whitmore of Albany, Bruce (Deborah) Whitmore of Port Byron, Barbara (Jerry) Bledsoe of Tuscon, AZ, and Kevin (Peggy) Whitmore of Albuquerque, NM; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren; sisters, Mrs. Paul (Shirley) Finger of Canon City, CO, and Mrs. Joseph (Janet) Mueck of Merritt Island, FL; brothers, Vernon (Margaret) Hazlett of Cordova and Lester (Jane) Hazlett of Fargo, ND; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; sister, Joyce Hazlett; and a brother, Larry Hazlett.
Online condolences may be made at www.schrodermortuary.com.
Death date: Jan. 4, 2013
Moline, Ill. —
Phyllis M. Whitmore
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines