Moline, Ill. —
Phyllis M. Whitmore
Feb. 23, 1928-Jan. 4, 2013
MOLINE, Ill. — Phyllis M. Whitmore, 84, of Moline, died Friday, January 4, 2013, at the Illini Restorative Care Center in Silvis.
Funeral services will be 11a.m. Wednesday at Schroder Mortuary in Silvis. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the mortuary.
Memorials may be made to Silvis United Methodist Church. Burial will be in the Rock Island Memorial Park Cemetery.
She was born Feb. 23, 1928, in Fruitland, Iowa, to Harold J. and Helen Letts Hazlett. She married Calvin C. Whitmore on June 23, 1946, in Rock Island.
Phyllis graduated from Rock Island High School in 1946.
She retired from Deere and Company as an accountant.
She enjoyed reading, traveling, bowling and her family.
Survivors include her husband, Calvin; children: Steve (Alma) Whitmore of Albany, Bruce (Deborah) Whitmore of Port Byron, Barbara (Jerry) Bledsoe of Tuscon, AZ, and Kevin (Peggy) Whitmore of Albuquerque, NM; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren; sisters, Mrs. Paul (Shirley) Finger of Canon City, CO, and Mrs. Joseph (Janet) Mueck of Merritt Island, FL; brothers, Vernon (Margaret) Hazlett of Cordova and Lester (Jane) Hazlett of Fargo, ND; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; sister, Joyce Hazlett; and a brother, Larry Hazlett.
Online condolences may be made at www.schrodermortuary.com.
Death date: Jan. 4, 2013
Moline, Ill. —
Phyllis M. Whitmore
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- George A. Decker George A. Decker May 13, 1921 - Dec. 7, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Burial for George A. Decker, 92, a resident of Bettendorf, will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1506
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- More Obituaries Headlines