Moline, Ill. —
Phyllis M. Whitmore
Feb. 23, 1928-Jan. 4, 2013
MOLINE, Ill. — Phyllis M. Whitmore, 84, of Moline, died Friday, January 4, 2013, at the Illini Restorative Care Center in Silvis.
Funeral services will be 11a.m. Wednesday at Schroder Mortuary in Silvis. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the mortuary.
Memorials may be made to Silvis United Methodist Church. Burial will be in the Rock Island Memorial Park Cemetery.
She was born Feb. 23, 1928, in Fruitland, Iowa, to Harold J. and Helen Letts Hazlett. She married Calvin C. Whitmore on June 23, 1946, in Rock Island.
Phyllis graduated from Rock Island High School in 1946.
She retired from Deere and Company as an accountant.
She enjoyed reading, traveling, bowling and her family.
Survivors include her husband, Calvin; children: Steve (Alma) Whitmore of Albany, Bruce (Deborah) Whitmore of Port Byron, Barbara (Jerry) Bledsoe of Tuscon, AZ, and Kevin (Peggy) Whitmore of Albuquerque, NM; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren; sisters, Mrs. Paul (Shirley) Finger of Canon City, CO, and Mrs. Joseph (Janet) Mueck of Merritt Island, FL; brothers, Vernon (Margaret) Hazlett of Cordova and Lester (Jane) Hazlett of Fargo, ND; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; sister, Joyce Hazlett; and a brother, Larry Hazlett.
Online condolences may be made at www.schrodermortuary.com.
Death date: Jan. 4, 2013
Moline, Ill. —
Phyllis M. Whitmore
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines