Moline, Ill. —
Phyllis M. Whitmore
Feb. 23, 1928-Jan. 4, 2013
MOLINE, Ill. — Phyllis M. Whitmore, 84, of Moline, died Friday, January 4, 2013, at the Illini Restorative Care Center in Silvis.
Funeral services will be 11a.m. Wednesday at Schroder Mortuary in Silvis. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the mortuary.
Memorials may be made to Silvis United Methodist Church. Burial will be in the Rock Island Memorial Park Cemetery.
She was born Feb. 23, 1928, in Fruitland, Iowa, to Harold J. and Helen Letts Hazlett. She married Calvin C. Whitmore on June 23, 1946, in Rock Island.
Phyllis graduated from Rock Island High School in 1946.
She retired from Deere and Company as an accountant.
She enjoyed reading, traveling, bowling and her family.
Survivors include her husband, Calvin; children: Steve (Alma) Whitmore of Albany, Bruce (Deborah) Whitmore of Port Byron, Barbara (Jerry) Bledsoe of Tuscon, AZ, and Kevin (Peggy) Whitmore of Albuquerque, NM; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren; sisters, Mrs. Paul (Shirley) Finger of Canon City, CO, and Mrs. Joseph (Janet) Mueck of Merritt Island, FL; brothers, Vernon (Margaret) Hazlett of Cordova and Lester (Jane) Hazlett of Fargo, ND; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; sister, Joyce Hazlett; and a brother, Larry Hazlett.
Online condolences may be made at www.schrodermortuary.com.
Death date: Jan. 4, 2013
Moline, Ill. —
Phyllis M. Whitmore
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines