Dean Dale Wing
March 25, 1931-Jan. 5, 2013
CLINTON — Dean Dale Wing, 81, of Clinton, passed away at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, on January 5, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, January 9, at Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Visitation will occur from 4 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 8, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at the Clinton Lawn cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Dean was born March 25, 1931, in Maquoketa, Iowa, the son of Edwin and Elda (Huebbe) Wing.
Following his graduation from Elvira High School in 1949, he enlisted in the U.S. Army. As a Private First Class, Dean saw active service during the Korean War. During his service he was part of an elite paratrooper squad that made numerous missions of rescue and diversionary tactics behind enemy lines. He received many medals for his valor.
Dean was united in marriage to Chelly Mae Clark in Laurinburg, North Carolina, in April of 1954. They celebrated their 58th wedding anniversary last April.
He was a member of the American Legion in Miles Iowa and the VFW in DeWitt, Iowa.
Dean worked as a farmer for 30 plus years and also drove a truck for Determan Inc.
He enjoyed the outdoors especially hunting and fishing, even acquiring a commercial fishing license. He enjoyed spending time with his friends and attending his high school reunions. Above all he loved his family, especially his grandchildren.
Dean is survived by his wife, Chelly Mae; one son, Jim (Lynn) of Bettendorf, IA; one granddaughter, Sarah of Bettendorf; two grandsons, Douglas of Clinton, IA, Derek of West Des Moines, Iowa; and one great-great-grandson, Kasdyn; four sisters, Delores of Virginia, Laura of Clinton, Iowa, Linda of Preston, Iowa, Susie of Burlington, Iowa; one brother, Calvin of Morrison; and many nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two sisters and seven brothers.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 5, 2013
Dean Dale Wing
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines