Dean Dale Wing
March 25, 1931-Jan. 5, 2013
CLINTON — Dean Dale Wing, 81, of Clinton, passed away at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, on January 5, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, January 9, at Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Visitation will occur from 4 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 8, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at the Clinton Lawn cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Dean was born March 25, 1931, in Maquoketa, Iowa, the son of Edwin and Elda (Huebbe) Wing.
Following his graduation from Elvira High School in 1949, he enlisted in the U.S. Army. As a Private First Class, Dean saw active service during the Korean War. During his service he was part of an elite paratrooper squad that made numerous missions of rescue and diversionary tactics behind enemy lines. He received many medals for his valor.
Dean was united in marriage to Chelly Mae Clark in Laurinburg, North Carolina, in April of 1954. They celebrated their 58th wedding anniversary last April.
He was a member of the American Legion in Miles Iowa and the VFW in DeWitt, Iowa.
Dean worked as a farmer for 30 plus years and also drove a truck for Determan Inc.
He enjoyed the outdoors especially hunting and fishing, even acquiring a commercial fishing license. He enjoyed spending time with his friends and attending his high school reunions. Above all he loved his family, especially his grandchildren.
Dean is survived by his wife, Chelly Mae; one son, Jim (Lynn) of Bettendorf, IA; one granddaughter, Sarah of Bettendorf; two grandsons, Douglas of Clinton, IA, Derek of West Des Moines, Iowa; and one great-great-grandson, Kasdyn; four sisters, Delores of Virginia, Laura of Clinton, Iowa, Linda of Preston, Iowa, Susie of Burlington, Iowa; one brother, Calvin of Morrison; and many nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two sisters and seven brothers.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 5, 2013
Dean Dale Wing
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines