Dean Dale Wing
March 25, 1931-Jan. 5, 2013
CLINTON — Dean Dale Wing, 81, of Clinton, passed away at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, on January 5, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, January 9, at Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Visitation will occur from 4 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 8, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at the Clinton Lawn cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Dean was born March 25, 1931, in Maquoketa, Iowa, the son of Edwin and Elda (Huebbe) Wing.
Following his graduation from Elvira High School in 1949, he enlisted in the U.S. Army. As a Private First Class, Dean saw active service during the Korean War. During his service he was part of an elite paratrooper squad that made numerous missions of rescue and diversionary tactics behind enemy lines. He received many medals for his valor.
Dean was united in marriage to Chelly Mae Clark in Laurinburg, North Carolina, in April of 1954. They celebrated their 58th wedding anniversary last April.
He was a member of the American Legion in Miles Iowa and the VFW in DeWitt, Iowa.
Dean worked as a farmer for 30 plus years and also drove a truck for Determan Inc.
He enjoyed the outdoors especially hunting and fishing, even acquiring a commercial fishing license. He enjoyed spending time with his friends and attending his high school reunions. Above all he loved his family, especially his grandchildren.
Dean is survived by his wife, Chelly Mae; one son, Jim (Lynn) of Bettendorf, IA; one granddaughter, Sarah of Bettendorf; two grandsons, Douglas of Clinton, IA, Derek of West Des Moines, Iowa; and one great-great-grandson, Kasdyn; four sisters, Delores of Virginia, Laura of Clinton, Iowa, Linda of Preston, Iowa, Susie of Burlington, Iowa; one brother, Calvin of Morrison; and many nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two sisters and seven brothers.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 5, 2013
Dean Dale Wing
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines