May 24, 1922 - Jan. 4, 2013
Vera Miller, 90, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully on January 4, 2013 at the Alverno.
Cremation rights have been accorded with a memorial service to take place at 3 p.m. on Thursday, January 10, at Lemke Funeral Homes, North Chapel. A visitation will occur one hour prior to the memorial service at the funeral home. Burial will take place at a later date. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Vera was born May 24, 1922, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Hoyd and Anna (Cook) Niles. She was a 1940 graduate of Lyons High School. She was united in marriage to Elmer Miller on August 1, 1942, in Kahoka, Missouri.
She was a member of Zion Lutheran church and served on the church council.
Vera delivered mobile meals for over 30 years. She loved knitting and was an avid bridge player.
Vera is survived by two sons, Harvey (Sally) Miller of Auburndale FL, David Miller of Clinton, IA; one daughter-in-law, Caryl Miller of Clinton, IA; six grandchildren, six great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren; one brother, Keith (Berta) Niles of Clinton, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, her son, Maurice “Moe,” and one brother, Robert Niles.
Memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 4, 2013
May 24, 1922 - Jan. 4, 2013
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines