May 24, 1922 - Jan. 4, 2013
Vera Miller, 90, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully on January 4, 2013 at the Alverno.
Cremation rights have been accorded with a memorial service to take place at 3 p.m. on Thursday, January 10, at Lemke Funeral Homes, North Chapel. A visitation will occur one hour prior to the memorial service at the funeral home. Burial will take place at a later date. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Vera was born May 24, 1922, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Hoyd and Anna (Cook) Niles. She was a 1940 graduate of Lyons High School. She was united in marriage to Elmer Miller on August 1, 1942, in Kahoka, Missouri.
She was a member of Zion Lutheran church and served on the church council.
Vera delivered mobile meals for over 30 years. She loved knitting and was an avid bridge player.
Vera is survived by two sons, Harvey (Sally) Miller of Auburndale FL, David Miller of Clinton, IA; one daughter-in-law, Caryl Miller of Clinton, IA; six grandchildren, six great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren; one brother, Keith (Berta) Niles of Clinton, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, her son, Maurice “Moe,” and one brother, Robert Niles.
Memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 4, 2013
May 24, 1922 - Jan. 4, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines