Dec. 9, 1924 - Jan. 9, 2013
Clinton “Bob” Koontz, 88, of Maquoketa, Iowa, died Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at his home.
Public graveside services will be held on Sunday, January 20, 2013, at 1:30 p.m. at Sacred Heart Cemetery in Maquoketa. Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, January 19, 2013, at Lahey Funeral Home in Maquoketa.
Bob Koontz was born on December 9, 1924, in Dayton, Ohio, son of Clinton Koontz Sr. and Sylvia (Varner) Koontz. He married Alma Hinz on April 14, 1947.
Bob was a jack of all trades; he worked for JI Case and Caterpillar, but most of the time he had worked for himself at Koontz Repair. He enjoyed collecting Indian artifacts and was a storyteller. When he was 17, he enlisted into the Army and did not go through basic training. He served in World War II in the European-African mid-eastern theatre. He received a bronze star; he re-enlisted three more times in the Army Reserves and was asked to serve in Korea and declined.
He is survived by four children: Terry (Cindy) Koontz, of Maquoketa; Yvonne (Brent) Port of Marshalltown; Randy (Pattiey) Koontz of Lewis; Renee (Bill) Budde of Maquoketa; 14 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and his favorite grandog, Honey Dog; two sisters, Donna Jean Benedict of Maquoketa; Mary Ann Heneke of Strawberry Point; and two brothers; Jim (Judy) Koontz of Denison; Bill (May) Koontz of Calamus.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; one son, Gary; one granddaughter, Jodi Port-Flatt; and five brothers and sisters.
Memorials are preferred.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.laheys.com.
Death date: Jan. 9, 2013
Dec. 9, 1924 - Jan. 9, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines