Dec. 9, 1924 - Jan. 9, 2013
Clinton “Bob” Koontz, 88, of Maquoketa, Iowa, died Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at his home.
Public graveside services will be held on Sunday, January 20, 2013, at 1:30 p.m. at Sacred Heart Cemetery in Maquoketa. Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, January 19, 2013, at Lahey Funeral Home in Maquoketa.
Bob Koontz was born on December 9, 1924, in Dayton, Ohio, son of Clinton Koontz Sr. and Sylvia (Varner) Koontz. He married Alma Hinz on April 14, 1947.
Bob was a jack of all trades; he worked for JI Case and Caterpillar, but most of the time he had worked for himself at Koontz Repair. He enjoyed collecting Indian artifacts and was a storyteller. When he was 17, he enlisted into the Army and did not go through basic training. He served in World War II in the European-African mid-eastern theatre. He received a bronze star; he re-enlisted three more times in the Army Reserves and was asked to serve in Korea and declined.
He is survived by four children: Terry (Cindy) Koontz, of Maquoketa; Yvonne (Brent) Port of Marshalltown; Randy (Pattiey) Koontz of Lewis; Renee (Bill) Budde of Maquoketa; 14 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and his favorite grandog, Honey Dog; two sisters, Donna Jean Benedict of Maquoketa; Mary Ann Heneke of Strawberry Point; and two brothers; Jim (Judy) Koontz of Denison; Bill (May) Koontz of Calamus.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; one son, Gary; one granddaughter, Jodi Port-Flatt; and five brothers and sisters.
Memorials are preferred.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.laheys.com.
Death date: Jan. 9, 2013
Dec. 9, 1924 - Jan. 9, 2013
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks