Sept. 3, 1956 - Jan. 21, 2013
Cathleen “Cathy” A. Steines, 56, of Clinton, died on Monday, January 21, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Gregory Buikema, James Buikema, Sarah Buikema, Nicholas Jamison, Dana Jamison, Matthew Struve and Timothy Struve. Visitation will be Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Cathleen Ann Buikema was born on September 3, 1956, in Kittery, Maine, the daughter of Richard and Ruth (Voss) Buikema. She was a 1975 graduate of Fulton High School.
Cathy was employed at the Swiss Colony Call Center for the past 9 years. Prior to that she was employed with Nielsens Clearing House.
Cathy was a member of the Clinton Landlord Association and was a member of the Northridge Community Church in Eldridge. She was also an animal lover.
Cathy is survived by her husband, Paul of Clinton; a daughter, Jennifer (Jeffrey L Palmer, Jr.) Steines of Clinton; two sons, Anthony Steines of Clinton and Lucas Steines of Clinton; her parents, Richard and Ruth Buikema of Fulton; her brother, Randall (Mary) Buikema of Fulton; her sister, Brenda (Dan) Jamison of Princeton, Iowa; her mother-in-law, Lorraine Steines of Clinton; two sisters-in-law, Pamela (Butch) Perron of Clinton and Peggy (Michael) Mangelsen of Clinton; one brother-in-law, Perry (Kimberly) Steines of Lawrence, Kansas; and several nieces and nephews.
Cathy was preceded in death by her grandparents, her father-in-law and a niece.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Death date: Jan. 21, 2013
Sept. 3, 1956 - Jan. 21, 2013
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines