Sept. 17, 1925 - Jan. 23, 2013
Kazimiera Aleksandra Wilus, 87, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Wednesday, January 23, 2013, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial will follow in the St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday from 9:30 a.m. until the service hour at the church. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory assisted the family with arrangements.
Kazimiera was born in Ruski Brod, Poland, on September 17, 1925, the daughter of Walenty and Jozefa (Bomba) Gebski. She survived World War II and a forced labor camp in Germany. After the war she met and fell in love with and married Stefan Wilus and soon after gave birth to her first child, Teresa, at a refugee camp in Wildflecken, Germany. They eventually immigrated to the United States in 1950 where they began their new life in Clinton, Iowa, through the sponsorship of the Sisters of St. Francis at Mount St. Clare. In 1951, she gave birth to her son; Jerzy. Kazimiera was accomplished at cooking, and enjoyed crocheting, knitting and gardening.
She is survived by her son, Jerzy (Elvia) Wilus of Rio Rico, AZ; grandchildren, Kimberly Chapin of San Francisco, CA and Kazimiera “Miera” (John) Reynolds of Kansas City, MO; sister, Alicja Gorman of Clinton; three nephews, Bill, Tom and Steve Gorman; and a niece and nephew on Poland.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Stefan, on September 8, 2002. She was also preceded by her parents; her daughter, Teresa Wilus; sister, Janka; and brother, Kazimierz.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Sisters of St. Francis, Genesis Hospice or the Alverno.
Death date: Jan. 23, 2013
Sept. 17, 1925 - Jan. 23, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines