Sept. 17, 1925 - Jan. 23, 2013
Kazimiera Aleksandra Wilus, 87, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Wednesday, January 23, 2013, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial will follow in the St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday from 9:30 a.m. until the service hour at the church. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory assisted the family with arrangements.
Kazimiera was born in Ruski Brod, Poland, on September 17, 1925, the daughter of Walenty and Jozefa (Bomba) Gebski. She survived World War II and a forced labor camp in Germany. After the war she met and fell in love with and married Stefan Wilus and soon after gave birth to her first child, Teresa, at a refugee camp in Wildflecken, Germany. They eventually immigrated to the United States in 1950 where they began their new life in Clinton, Iowa, through the sponsorship of the Sisters of St. Francis at Mount St. Clare. In 1951, she gave birth to her son; Jerzy. Kazimiera was accomplished at cooking, and enjoyed crocheting, knitting and gardening.
She is survived by her son, Jerzy (Elvia) Wilus of Rio Rico, AZ; grandchildren, Kimberly Chapin of San Francisco, CA and Kazimiera “Miera” (John) Reynolds of Kansas City, MO; sister, Alicja Gorman of Clinton; three nephews, Bill, Tom and Steve Gorman; and a niece and nephew on Poland.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Stefan, on September 8, 2002. She was also preceded by her parents; her daughter, Teresa Wilus; sister, Janka; and brother, Kazimierz.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Sisters of St. Francis, Genesis Hospice or the Alverno.
Death date: Jan. 23, 2013
Sept. 17, 1925 - Jan. 23, 2013
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines