Sept. 17, 1925 - Jan. 23, 2013
Kazimiera Aleksandra Wilus, 87, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Wednesday, January 23, 2013, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial will follow in the St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday from 9:30 a.m. until the service hour at the church. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory assisted the family with arrangements.
Kazimiera was born in Ruski Brod, Poland, on September 17, 1925, the daughter of Walenty and Jozefa (Bomba) Gebski. She survived World War II and a forced labor camp in Germany. After the war she met and fell in love with and married Stefan Wilus and soon after gave birth to her first child, Teresa, at a refugee camp in Wildflecken, Germany. They eventually immigrated to the United States in 1950 where they began their new life in Clinton, Iowa, through the sponsorship of the Sisters of St. Francis at Mount St. Clare. In 1951, she gave birth to her son; Jerzy. Kazimiera was accomplished at cooking, and enjoyed crocheting, knitting and gardening.
She is survived by her son, Jerzy (Elvia) Wilus of Rio Rico, AZ; grandchildren, Kimberly Chapin of San Francisco, CA and Kazimiera “Miera” (John) Reynolds of Kansas City, MO; sister, Alicja Gorman of Clinton; three nephews, Bill, Tom and Steve Gorman; and a niece and nephew on Poland.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Stefan, on September 8, 2002. She was also preceded by her parents; her daughter, Teresa Wilus; sister, Janka; and brother, Kazimierz.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Sisters of St. Francis, Genesis Hospice or the Alverno.
Death date: Jan. 23, 2013
Sept. 17, 1925 - Jan. 23, 2013
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines