Sept. 17, 1925 - Jan. 23, 2013
Kazimiera Aleksandra Wilus, 87, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Wednesday, January 23, 2013, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial will follow in the St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday from 9:30 a.m. until the service hour at the church. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory assisted the family with arrangements.
Kazimiera was born in Ruski Brod, Poland, on September 17, 1925, the daughter of Walenty and Jozefa (Bomba) Gebski. She survived World War II and a forced labor camp in Germany. After the war she met and fell in love with and married Stefan Wilus and soon after gave birth to her first child, Teresa, at a refugee camp in Wildflecken, Germany. They eventually immigrated to the United States in 1950 where they began their new life in Clinton, Iowa, through the sponsorship of the Sisters of St. Francis at Mount St. Clare. In 1951, she gave birth to her son; Jerzy. Kazimiera was accomplished at cooking, and enjoyed crocheting, knitting and gardening.
She is survived by her son, Jerzy (Elvia) Wilus of Rio Rico, AZ; grandchildren, Kimberly Chapin of San Francisco, CA and Kazimiera “Miera” (John) Reynolds of Kansas City, MO; sister, Alicja Gorman of Clinton; three nephews, Bill, Tom and Steve Gorman; and a niece and nephew on Poland.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Stefan, on September 8, 2002. She was also preceded by her parents; her daughter, Teresa Wilus; sister, Janka; and brother, Kazimierz.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Sisters of St. Francis, Genesis Hospice or the Alverno.
Death date: Jan. 23, 2013
Sept. 17, 1925 - Jan. 23, 2013
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines