FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 14, 1929 - Jan. 22, 2013
Elaine R. Sikkema, 84, of Fulton, died Tuesday, January 22, 2013, at her home.
Cremation rites have been accorded.
Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, January 26, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Scott Stephan, pastor of Second Reformed Church in Fulton, will officiate.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Private interment of cremains will be in Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice and Second Reformed Church in Fulton.
She was born January 14, 1929, in Clinton, Iowa, to Jacob and Grace (Vogel) Balk.
Elaine was educated in the Fulton Christian Grade School and was a 1946 graduate of Fulton High School.
She married Lawrence A. Sikkema on May 5, 1950, in Fulton; he survives.
Elaine worked with her husband, Larry, in their store, Sikkema Appliance and TV in Fulton.
Elaine was a lifetime member of Second Reformed Church in Fulton and active in church choir, Christian Endeavor, Coffee Break and Reformed Church Women Ministries. She was also a member of the Harbor Crest Nursing Home Auxiliary, a Red Cross volunteer for over 25 years and served as a Girl Scout leader. Elaine and husband, Larry, were named as Fulton Dutch Days grand marshals. Her whole life centered on her family and the grandchildren who she adored.
Survivors include her husband, Larry; one son, Doug (Alice) Sikkema of Chattanooga, TN; three grandchildren: Jordan Sikkema; Taryn (Ryan) Ball; Kendra Sikkema; and one great-granddaughter, Matalynn Ball.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three sisters and three brothers.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 22, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 14, 1929 - Jan. 22, 2013
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines