FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 14, 1929 - Jan. 22, 2013
Elaine R. Sikkema, 84, of Fulton, died Tuesday, January 22, 2013, at her home.
Cremation rites have been accorded.
Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, January 26, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Scott Stephan, pastor of Second Reformed Church in Fulton, will officiate.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Private interment of cremains will be in Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice and Second Reformed Church in Fulton.
She was born January 14, 1929, in Clinton, Iowa, to Jacob and Grace (Vogel) Balk.
Elaine was educated in the Fulton Christian Grade School and was a 1946 graduate of Fulton High School.
She married Lawrence A. Sikkema on May 5, 1950, in Fulton; he survives.
Elaine worked with her husband, Larry, in their store, Sikkema Appliance and TV in Fulton.
Elaine was a lifetime member of Second Reformed Church in Fulton and active in church choir, Christian Endeavor, Coffee Break and Reformed Church Women Ministries. She was also a member of the Harbor Crest Nursing Home Auxiliary, a Red Cross volunteer for over 25 years and served as a Girl Scout leader. Elaine and husband, Larry, were named as Fulton Dutch Days grand marshals. Her whole life centered on her family and the grandchildren who she adored.
Survivors include her husband, Larry; one son, Doug (Alice) Sikkema of Chattanooga, TN; three grandchildren: Jordan Sikkema; Taryn (Ryan) Ball; Kendra Sikkema; and one great-granddaughter, Matalynn Ball.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three sisters and three brothers.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 22, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 14, 1929 - Jan. 22, 2013
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines