Jan. 15, 1914 - Jan. 30, 2013
Adeline M. Lahti, 99, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Bickford Cottage on January 30, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, February 1, at the Zion Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held one hour prior to the funeral service from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Zion Lutheran Church. Burial will take place at Springdale Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Adeline was born on January 15, 1914, in Preston, Iowa, the daughter of Herman and Paulena (Haller) Meyer. She was united in marriage to Eino Lahti on February 8, 1936, at St. John’s Lutheran Church, Preston, Iowa.
Adeline was self-employed working as an income tax bookkeeper and for the Post Office.
Adeline loved music and was a member of many singing groups including: The Young at Heart group, Clintonetts group, Rebeka’s Lodge, The North End Lyons and Lyonetts group and the Zion Lutheran Church choir. She was also a member of the Lyons Civic Club.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and two brothers.
Memorials may be directed to the Zion Lutheran Church.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 30, 2013
Jan. 15, 1914 - Jan. 30, 2013
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines