Jan. 15, 1914 - Jan. 30, 2013
Adeline M. Lahti, 99, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Bickford Cottage on January 30, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, February 1, at the Zion Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held one hour prior to the funeral service from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Zion Lutheran Church. Burial will take place at Springdale Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Adeline was born on January 15, 1914, in Preston, Iowa, the daughter of Herman and Paulena (Haller) Meyer. She was united in marriage to Eino Lahti on February 8, 1936, at St. John’s Lutheran Church, Preston, Iowa.
Adeline was self-employed working as an income tax bookkeeper and for the Post Office.
Adeline loved music and was a member of many singing groups including: The Young at Heart group, Clintonetts group, Rebeka’s Lodge, The North End Lyons and Lyonetts group and the Zion Lutheran Church choir. She was also a member of the Lyons Civic Club.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and two brothers.
Memorials may be directed to the Zion Lutheran Church.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 30, 2013
Jan. 15, 1914 - Jan. 30, 2013
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines