March 11, 1922 - Jan. 31, 2013
Lillian M. Hagen, 90, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, January 31, 2013, at the Alverno. Services will be held Tuesday, February 5, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Cremation will follow the service. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Burial will be held at a later date.
Lillian was born March 11, 1922, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of John and Macey (Graham) Anderson. She married Henry Carter. She later married Louis Hagen on July 3, 1948, in Morrison, Illinois; he died July 23, 1973. She had been employed at the YWCA and she was a homemaker. She was a member and very fond of the Red Hat Club.
She is survived by her daughters, L. Diane (Harry) Goodell of Camanche and Judy Hagen of Delta, CO; sons, Henry M. (Sue) Carter of Hotchkiss, CO and John P. (Barbara) Carter of Grand Junction, CO; ten grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren, 5 great-great-grandchildren; foster sister, Doris Seidell of Wyoming and nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, daughter, Patricia Petersen, grandson, Leroy Meyer, stepson, Floyd Hagen and her foster brother.
Memorials may be made to the family.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Jan. 31, 2013
March 11, 1922 - Jan. 31, 2013
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines