BELPRE, Ohio —
Aug. 5, 1927 - Feb. 11, 2013
Marvin Lee Elliott, 85, of Belpre, Ohio, formerly of Clinton, Iowa, went to be with the Lord Monday, February 11, 2013, at his residence.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday, February 18, and one hour prior to the funeral service on Tuesday at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel.
Marvin was born August 5, 1927, in Clinton, IA, a son of the late Lee and Alice House Elliott. Marvin was a graduate of Clinton High School and served at the end of WW II. He was a Navy Seaman First Class. He retired with 37 1⁄2 years with E.I. DuPont in Clinton where he was a pipefitter by trade and worked for the maintenance Department. He enjoyed bowling for many years. He also enjoyed hunting, fishing, and loved the Chicago Bears and Cubs and watching old western movies.
Marvin is survived by his two sons, Paul Elliott of Ocoee, FL, and Matthew Elliott of Austin, TX; one daughter, Dianne Molina of Arizona; two daughters-in-law, Sharon Elliott of Belpre, OH, who was his caregiver and Mary Elliott of Circleville, OH; one sister, Dorothy Kellerman of Camanche, IA; grandchildren, Dawn, Scott, Jeremy, and Kristen Elliott, all of Circleville, OH, Amber Elliott of Ocoee, FL, Marissa Kemple of Pearl City, IL, Nikki Elliott of Belpre, OH, Eric Schultz of Clinton, IA, and Renee Schultz of Dallas, TX; and twelve great-grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, Marvin was preceded in death by his wife, Mary Catherine Elliott; two sons, Mark and Steven Elliott; and one brother, Adon Elliott.
Memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 11, 2013
BELPRE, Ohio —
Aug. 5, 1927 - Feb. 11, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines