BELPRE, Ohio —
Aug. 5, 1927 - Feb. 11, 2013
Marvin Lee Elliott, 85, of Belpre, Ohio, formerly of Clinton, Iowa, went to be with the Lord Monday, February 11, 2013, at his residence.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday, February 18, and one hour prior to the funeral service on Tuesday at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel.
Marvin was born August 5, 1927, in Clinton, IA, a son of the late Lee and Alice House Elliott. Marvin was a graduate of Clinton High School and served at the end of WW II. He was a Navy Seaman First Class. He retired with 37 1⁄2 years with E.I. DuPont in Clinton where he was a pipefitter by trade and worked for the maintenance Department. He enjoyed bowling for many years. He also enjoyed hunting, fishing, and loved the Chicago Bears and Cubs and watching old western movies.
Marvin is survived by his two sons, Paul Elliott of Ocoee, FL, and Matthew Elliott of Austin, TX; one daughter, Dianne Molina of Arizona; two daughters-in-law, Sharon Elliott of Belpre, OH, who was his caregiver and Mary Elliott of Circleville, OH; one sister, Dorothy Kellerman of Camanche, IA; grandchildren, Dawn, Scott, Jeremy, and Kristen Elliott, all of Circleville, OH, Amber Elliott of Ocoee, FL, Marissa Kemple of Pearl City, IL, Nikki Elliott of Belpre, OH, Eric Schultz of Clinton, IA, and Renee Schultz of Dallas, TX; and twelve great-grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, Marvin was preceded in death by his wife, Mary Catherine Elliott; two sons, Mark and Steven Elliott; and one brother, Adon Elliott.
Memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 11, 2013
BELPRE, Ohio —
Aug. 5, 1927 - Feb. 11, 2013
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines