BELPRE, Ohio —
Aug. 5, 1927 - Feb. 11, 2013
Marvin Lee Elliott, 85, of Belpre, Ohio, formerly of Clinton, Iowa, went to be with the Lord Monday, February 11, 2013, at his residence.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday, February 18, and one hour prior to the funeral service on Tuesday at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel.
Marvin was born August 5, 1927, in Clinton, IA, a son of the late Lee and Alice House Elliott. Marvin was a graduate of Clinton High School and served at the end of WW II. He was a Navy Seaman First Class. He retired with 37 1⁄2 years with E.I. DuPont in Clinton where he was a pipefitter by trade and worked for the maintenance Department. He enjoyed bowling for many years. He also enjoyed hunting, fishing, and loved the Chicago Bears and Cubs and watching old western movies.
Marvin is survived by his two sons, Paul Elliott of Ocoee, FL, and Matthew Elliott of Austin, TX; one daughter, Dianne Molina of Arizona; two daughters-in-law, Sharon Elliott of Belpre, OH, who was his caregiver and Mary Elliott of Circleville, OH; one sister, Dorothy Kellerman of Camanche, IA; grandchildren, Dawn, Scott, Jeremy, and Kristen Elliott, all of Circleville, OH, Amber Elliott of Ocoee, FL, Marissa Kemple of Pearl City, IL, Nikki Elliott of Belpre, OH, Eric Schultz of Clinton, IA, and Renee Schultz of Dallas, TX; and twelve great-grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, Marvin was preceded in death by his wife, Mary Catherine Elliott; two sons, Mark and Steven Elliott; and one brother, Adon Elliott.
Memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 11, 2013
BELPRE, Ohio —
Aug. 5, 1927 - Feb. 11, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines