BELPRE, Ohio —
Aug. 5, 1927 - Feb. 11, 2013
Marvin Lee Elliott, 85, of Belpre, Ohio, formerly of Clinton, Iowa, went to be with the Lord Monday, February 11, 2013, at his residence.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday, February 18, and one hour prior to the funeral service on Tuesday at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel.
Marvin was born August 5, 1927, in Clinton, IA, a son of the late Lee and Alice House Elliott. Marvin was a graduate of Clinton High School and served at the end of WW II. He was a Navy Seaman First Class. He retired with 37 1⁄2 years with E.I. DuPont in Clinton where he was a pipefitter by trade and worked for the maintenance Department. He enjoyed bowling for many years. He also enjoyed hunting, fishing, and loved the Chicago Bears and Cubs and watching old western movies.
Marvin is survived by his two sons, Paul Elliott of Ocoee, FL, and Matthew Elliott of Austin, TX; one daughter, Dianne Molina of Arizona; two daughters-in-law, Sharon Elliott of Belpre, OH, who was his caregiver and Mary Elliott of Circleville, OH; one sister, Dorothy Kellerman of Camanche, IA; grandchildren, Dawn, Scott, Jeremy, and Kristen Elliott, all of Circleville, OH, Amber Elliott of Ocoee, FL, Marissa Kemple of Pearl City, IL, Nikki Elliott of Belpre, OH, Eric Schultz of Clinton, IA, and Renee Schultz of Dallas, TX; and twelve great-grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, Marvin was preceded in death by his wife, Mary Catherine Elliott; two sons, Mark and Steven Elliott; and one brother, Adon Elliott.
Memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 11, 2013
BELPRE, Ohio —
Aug. 5, 1927 - Feb. 11, 2013
- Geffrey E. Galloway Geffrey E. Galloway March 11, 1950 - March 6, 2014 MECHANICSVILLE -- Geffrey E. Galloway, 63, died March 6, 2014 in his Mechanicsville home. Visitation/open house for Geff will be from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at Fry Funeral Home in Ti
- William Wagner THOMSON, Ill. -- William Wagner, 90, of Thomson, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson. Burial with military rites will take place at Lower York C
- Richard N. Varner Richard N. Varner May 29, 1929 - March 9, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center South Campus. Honoring his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Funeral services will be Thursday,
- James C. Thyne James C. Thyne Feb. 19, 1952 - March 10, 2014 CLINTON -- James C. Thyne, age 62, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 10, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 15th, at Prince of Peace Par
- Alberta J. Wiebenga MORRISON, Ill. -- Alberta J. Wiebenga, 82, of Morrison, died Monday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with Ken Renkes, director of Congrega
- Bernice Bartels DELMAR -- Bernice Bartels, 93, of Delmar, died Tuesday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at th
- Michael Scott Lord Michael Scott Lord June 10, 1964 - March 9, 2014 SIKESTON, Mo. -- Michael Scott Lord, age 49, formerly of Maysville, was born June 10, 1964 and passed away March 9, 2014 in Sikeston, Missouri. Michael was a graduate of Maysville High School and Misso
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- More Obituaries Headlines