BELPRE, Ohio —
Aug. 5, 1927 - Feb. 11, 2013
Marvin Lee Elliott, 85, of Belpre, Ohio, formerly of Clinton, Iowa, went to be with the Lord Monday, February 11, 2013, at his residence.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday, February 18, and one hour prior to the funeral service on Tuesday at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel.
Marvin was born August 5, 1927, in Clinton, IA, a son of the late Lee and Alice House Elliott. Marvin was a graduate of Clinton High School and served at the end of WW II. He was a Navy Seaman First Class. He retired with 37 1⁄2 years with E.I. DuPont in Clinton where he was a pipefitter by trade and worked for the maintenance Department. He enjoyed bowling for many years. He also enjoyed hunting, fishing, and loved the Chicago Bears and Cubs and watching old western movies.
Marvin is survived by his two sons, Paul Elliott of Ocoee, FL, and Matthew Elliott of Austin, TX; one daughter, Dianne Molina of Arizona; two daughters-in-law, Sharon Elliott of Belpre, OH, who was his caregiver and Mary Elliott of Circleville, OH; one sister, Dorothy Kellerman of Camanche, IA; grandchildren, Dawn, Scott, Jeremy, and Kristen Elliott, all of Circleville, OH, Amber Elliott of Ocoee, FL, Marissa Kemple of Pearl City, IL, Nikki Elliott of Belpre, OH, Eric Schultz of Clinton, IA, and Renee Schultz of Dallas, TX; and twelve great-grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, Marvin was preceded in death by his wife, Mary Catherine Elliott; two sons, Mark and Steven Elliott; and one brother, Adon Elliott.
Memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 11, 2013
BELPRE, Ohio —
Aug. 5, 1927 - Feb. 11, 2013
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines