Robert Delbert ‘Bob’ Klemme
July 6, 1921-Aug. 19, 2012
PRESTON — Robert Delbert “Bob” Klemme, age 91, of Preston, died Sunday, August 19, 2012, at home.
Bob was born July 6, 1921, in Van Buren Township, rural Preston, the son of August and Edith (Lingle) Klemme. He attended the Buckeye Country School. Bob served in the U.S. Army from 1942 to 1946 during World War II on the battlefield in Rhineland Central Europe. After returning to the Preston area, Bob met his sweetheart, Marielda Schaefer. They were married April 27, 1949, in Clinton, Iowa.
Bob worked at DuPont for thirty years, retiring in 1979. After his retirement he liked to go fishing, hunting and camping. He also enjoyed gardening and cutting his lawn. Bob was a member of the Preston American Legion Post Tompkins-Jenkins #602.
Survivors include his wife, Marielda Klemme, of Preston; his son, Delbert (Diane) Klemme of Preston; three daughters, Marlene (Lee) Johnson of Maquoketa, Iowa, Doris (Rick) Budde of Bellevue, Iowa, and Ruth (Lonnie) Helmle of Spragueville; thirteen grandchildren; twenty great-grandchildren with two on the way; five stepgreat-grandchildren; and two sisters, Adline Kinter of Clinton and Phyllis Pickett of Preston.
Bob was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Wilbert and Albert; and a sister, Margaret Taplin.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, August 22, 2012, at the Miller-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston. A celebration of life service will be held 10:30 a.m. Thursday, August 23, 2012, at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Preston Cemetery.
Online condolences and tributes may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Death date: Aug. 19, 2012
Robert Delbert ‘Bob’ Klemme
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines