Robert Delbert ‘Bob’ Klemme
July 6, 1921-Aug. 19, 2012
PRESTON — Robert Delbert “Bob” Klemme, age 91, of Preston, died Sunday, August 19, 2012, at home.
Bob was born July 6, 1921, in Van Buren Township, rural Preston, the son of August and Edith (Lingle) Klemme. He attended the Buckeye Country School. Bob served in the U.S. Army from 1942 to 1946 during World War II on the battlefield in Rhineland Central Europe. After returning to the Preston area, Bob met his sweetheart, Marielda Schaefer. They were married April 27, 1949, in Clinton, Iowa.
Bob worked at DuPont for thirty years, retiring in 1979. After his retirement he liked to go fishing, hunting and camping. He also enjoyed gardening and cutting his lawn. Bob was a member of the Preston American Legion Post Tompkins-Jenkins #602.
Survivors include his wife, Marielda Klemme, of Preston; his son, Delbert (Diane) Klemme of Preston; three daughters, Marlene (Lee) Johnson of Maquoketa, Iowa, Doris (Rick) Budde of Bellevue, Iowa, and Ruth (Lonnie) Helmle of Spragueville; thirteen grandchildren; twenty great-grandchildren with two on the way; five stepgreat-grandchildren; and two sisters, Adline Kinter of Clinton and Phyllis Pickett of Preston.
Bob was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Wilbert and Albert; and a sister, Margaret Taplin.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, August 22, 2012, at the Miller-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston. A celebration of life service will be held 10:30 a.m. Thursday, August 23, 2012, at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Preston Cemetery.
Online condolences and tributes may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Death date: Aug. 19, 2012
Robert Delbert ‘Bob’ Klemme
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- More Obituaries Headlines