Robert Delbert ‘Bob’ Klemme
July 6, 1921-Aug. 19, 2012
PRESTON — Robert Delbert “Bob” Klemme, age 91, of Preston, died Sunday, August 19, 2012, at home.
Bob was born July 6, 1921, in Van Buren Township, rural Preston, the son of August and Edith (Lingle) Klemme. He attended the Buckeye Country School. Bob served in the U.S. Army from 1942 to 1946 during World War II on the battlefield in Rhineland Central Europe. After returning to the Preston area, Bob met his sweetheart, Marielda Schaefer. They were married April 27, 1949, in Clinton, Iowa.
Bob worked at DuPont for thirty years, retiring in 1979. After his retirement he liked to go fishing, hunting and camping. He also enjoyed gardening and cutting his lawn. Bob was a member of the Preston American Legion Post Tompkins-Jenkins #602.
Survivors include his wife, Marielda Klemme, of Preston; his son, Delbert (Diane) Klemme of Preston; three daughters, Marlene (Lee) Johnson of Maquoketa, Iowa, Doris (Rick) Budde of Bellevue, Iowa, and Ruth (Lonnie) Helmle of Spragueville; thirteen grandchildren; twenty great-grandchildren with two on the way; five stepgreat-grandchildren; and two sisters, Adline Kinter of Clinton and Phyllis Pickett of Preston.
Bob was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Wilbert and Albert; and a sister, Margaret Taplin.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, August 22, 2012, at the Miller-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston. A celebration of life service will be held 10:30 a.m. Thursday, August 23, 2012, at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Preston Cemetery.
Online condolences and tributes may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Death date: Aug. 19, 2012
Robert Delbert ‘Bob’ Klemme
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines