Jan. 10, 1932 - July 1, 2012
Shirley Kay Wallace, 80, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, July 1, 2012 at Mercy North, Clinton.
Services will be held at the Community Reformed Church, Clinton, on Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 10 a.m. Visitation will be at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home & Crematory on Wednesday, July 4, 2012 from 1 to 5 p.m. and from 9 a.m. until the service hour Thursday at the church. Burial will be at the Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt, IA.
Shirley was born January 10, 1932 in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Salem and Florence (Edleman) McConaughy. She was a 1950 graduate of Clinton High School and attended the Bebout College of Chiropractic in Indianapolis.
Shirley married William Dean Wallace on November 6, 1955 in Clinton. She was employed as a sales clerk at Petersen Harned Von Maur and Guzzardo’s Book Nook for many years prior to retiring.
Shirley’s greatest passions were her faith, family, and friends. She was a charter member of the Community Reformed Church, where she was very active. Her most treasured times were spent with her husband, children, and grandchildren. Shirley was a compassionate, loving and kind hearted person.
Survivors include her husband, W. Dean Wallace of Clinton; daughter, Amy Wallace of Cedar Rapids, IA; sons, Dean S. (Judy) Wallace and David (Kim) Wallace both of Clinton and five grandchildren.
Shirley was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Memorials may be made to the Community Reformed Church.
Online condolence may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: July 1, 2012
Jan. 10, 1932 - July 1, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines