Jan. 10, 1932 - July 1, 2012
Shirley Kay Wallace, 80, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, July 1, 2012 at Mercy North, Clinton.
Services will be held at the Community Reformed Church, Clinton, on Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 10 a.m. Visitation will be at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home & Crematory on Wednesday, July 4, 2012 from 1 to 5 p.m. and from 9 a.m. until the service hour Thursday at the church. Burial will be at the Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt, IA.
Shirley was born January 10, 1932 in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Salem and Florence (Edleman) McConaughy. She was a 1950 graduate of Clinton High School and attended the Bebout College of Chiropractic in Indianapolis.
Shirley married William Dean Wallace on November 6, 1955 in Clinton. She was employed as a sales clerk at Petersen Harned Von Maur and Guzzardo’s Book Nook for many years prior to retiring.
Shirley’s greatest passions were her faith, family, and friends. She was a charter member of the Community Reformed Church, where she was very active. Her most treasured times were spent with her husband, children, and grandchildren. Shirley was a compassionate, loving and kind hearted person.
Survivors include her husband, W. Dean Wallace of Clinton; daughter, Amy Wallace of Cedar Rapids, IA; sons, Dean S. (Judy) Wallace and David (Kim) Wallace both of Clinton and five grandchildren.
Shirley was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Memorials may be made to the Community Reformed Church.
Online condolence may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: July 1, 2012
Jan. 10, 1932 - July 1, 2012
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines