Jan. 10, 1932 - July 1, 2012
Shirley Kay Wallace, 80, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, July 1, 2012 at Mercy North, Clinton.
Services will be held at the Community Reformed Church, Clinton, on Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 10 a.m. Visitation will be at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home & Crematory on Wednesday, July 4, 2012 from 1 to 5 p.m. and from 9 a.m. until the service hour Thursday at the church. Burial will be at the Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt, IA.
Shirley was born January 10, 1932 in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Salem and Florence (Edleman) McConaughy. She was a 1950 graduate of Clinton High School and attended the Bebout College of Chiropractic in Indianapolis.
Shirley married William Dean Wallace on November 6, 1955 in Clinton. She was employed as a sales clerk at Petersen Harned Von Maur and Guzzardo’s Book Nook for many years prior to retiring.
Shirley’s greatest passions were her faith, family, and friends. She was a charter member of the Community Reformed Church, where she was very active. Her most treasured times were spent with her husband, children, and grandchildren. Shirley was a compassionate, loving and kind hearted person.
Survivors include her husband, W. Dean Wallace of Clinton; daughter, Amy Wallace of Cedar Rapids, IA; sons, Dean S. (Judy) Wallace and David (Kim) Wallace both of Clinton and five grandchildren.
Shirley was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Memorials may be made to the Community Reformed Church.
Online condolence may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: July 1, 2012
Jan. 10, 1932 - July 1, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines