Jan. 10, 1932 - July 1, 2012
Shirley Kay Wallace, 80, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, July 1, 2012 at Mercy North, Clinton.
Services will be held at the Community Reformed Church, Clinton, on Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 10 a.m. Visitation will be at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home & Crematory on Wednesday, July 4, 2012 from 1 to 5 p.m. and from 9 a.m. until the service hour Thursday at the church. Burial will be at the Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt, IA.
Shirley was born January 10, 1932 in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Salem and Florence (Edleman) McConaughy. She was a 1950 graduate of Clinton High School and attended the Bebout College of Chiropractic in Indianapolis.
Shirley married William Dean Wallace on November 6, 1955 in Clinton. She was employed as a sales clerk at Petersen Harned Von Maur and Guzzardo’s Book Nook for many years prior to retiring.
Shirley’s greatest passions were her faith, family, and friends. She was a charter member of the Community Reformed Church, where she was very active. Her most treasured times were spent with her husband, children, and grandchildren. Shirley was a compassionate, loving and kind hearted person.
Survivors include her husband, W. Dean Wallace of Clinton; daughter, Amy Wallace of Cedar Rapids, IA; sons, Dean S. (Judy) Wallace and David (Kim) Wallace both of Clinton and five grandchildren.
Shirley was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Memorials may be made to the Community Reformed Church.
Online condolence may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: July 1, 2012
Jan. 10, 1932 - July 1, 2012
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines