Jan. 28 1950 – July 2, 2012
Lorraine “Rainy” Policky, age 62, passed away at Mercy Hospital on Monday, July 2, 2012 surrounded by her loving family following a courageous 5-year battle with Multiple Myeloma.
Funeral services will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, July 6, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Miles Cemetery.
Rainy was born in Clinton, Iowa, on January 28, 1950, the daughter of F. Kenneth Roach and Loretta (Mangold) Roach. She graduated from Camanche High School, Camanche, Iowa.
Rainy married Michael S. Policky on August 9, 1975, in Clinton. She was employed at the Clinton County Treasurers Office for 42 years, serving much of that time as Deputy Treasurer. Rainy was very proud of the time she spent working for Clinton County and developed many great friendships there. Lorraine spent her free time taking trips to the Rocky Mountains, South Dakota Badlands, and Nebraska to visit family. She also loved spending time with her grand-puppy Henry.
Lorraine is survived by a son, Jeffrey and his wife Megan (Vens) of Chicago; brother, Gary Roach of Wayne, PA; sister, Diana (Dean) Boyce of Clinton; mother-in-law, Helen Policky of Sidney, NE; two brothers-in-law, Gary (Zoann) Policky of Los Gatos, CA, and Dr. David (Maureen) Policky of Lincoln, NE; a sister-in-law, Patty (Dennis) Slama of Potter, NE; nephews, Dan Boyce, John Policky, Jake, Joe, and Jed Policky; nieces Kiyas Dunn, Donica Hassler, Tamra Johnston, Haley O’Hare, Jennifer and Lori Policky; and great nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Mike Policky; father, Kenneth Roach; mother, Loretta Roach, brother, Dennis Roach; sister-in-law, Jill Beving Roach; father-in-law Joseph Policky; and nephew, Brian Policky. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: July 2, 2012
Jan. 28 1950 – July 2, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines