Jan. 28 1950 – July 2, 2012
Lorraine “Rainy” Policky, age 62, passed away at Mercy Hospital on Monday, July 2, 2012 surrounded by her loving family following a courageous 5-year battle with Multiple Myeloma.
Funeral services will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, July 6, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Miles Cemetery.
Rainy was born in Clinton, Iowa, on January 28, 1950, the daughter of F. Kenneth Roach and Loretta (Mangold) Roach. She graduated from Camanche High School, Camanche, Iowa.
Rainy married Michael S. Policky on August 9, 1975, in Clinton. She was employed at the Clinton County Treasurers Office for 42 years, serving much of that time as Deputy Treasurer. Rainy was very proud of the time she spent working for Clinton County and developed many great friendships there. Lorraine spent her free time taking trips to the Rocky Mountains, South Dakota Badlands, and Nebraska to visit family. She also loved spending time with her grand-puppy Henry.
Lorraine is survived by a son, Jeffrey and his wife Megan (Vens) of Chicago; brother, Gary Roach of Wayne, PA; sister, Diana (Dean) Boyce of Clinton; mother-in-law, Helen Policky of Sidney, NE; two brothers-in-law, Gary (Zoann) Policky of Los Gatos, CA, and Dr. David (Maureen) Policky of Lincoln, NE; a sister-in-law, Patty (Dennis) Slama of Potter, NE; nephews, Dan Boyce, John Policky, Jake, Joe, and Jed Policky; nieces Kiyas Dunn, Donica Hassler, Tamra Johnston, Haley O’Hare, Jennifer and Lori Policky; and great nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Mike Policky; father, Kenneth Roach; mother, Loretta Roach, brother, Dennis Roach; sister-in-law, Jill Beving Roach; father-in-law Joseph Policky; and nephew, Brian Policky. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: July 2, 2012
Jan. 28 1950 – July 2, 2012
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines