Jan. 28 1950 – July 2, 2012
Lorraine “Rainy” Policky, age 62, passed away at Mercy Hospital on Monday, July 2, 2012 surrounded by her loving family following a courageous 5-year battle with Multiple Myeloma.
Funeral services will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, July 6, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Miles Cemetery.
Rainy was born in Clinton, Iowa, on January 28, 1950, the daughter of F. Kenneth Roach and Loretta (Mangold) Roach. She graduated from Camanche High School, Camanche, Iowa.
Rainy married Michael S. Policky on August 9, 1975, in Clinton. She was employed at the Clinton County Treasurers Office for 42 years, serving much of that time as Deputy Treasurer. Rainy was very proud of the time she spent working for Clinton County and developed many great friendships there. Lorraine spent her free time taking trips to the Rocky Mountains, South Dakota Badlands, and Nebraska to visit family. She also loved spending time with her grand-puppy Henry.
Lorraine is survived by a son, Jeffrey and his wife Megan (Vens) of Chicago; brother, Gary Roach of Wayne, PA; sister, Diana (Dean) Boyce of Clinton; mother-in-law, Helen Policky of Sidney, NE; two brothers-in-law, Gary (Zoann) Policky of Los Gatos, CA, and Dr. David (Maureen) Policky of Lincoln, NE; a sister-in-law, Patty (Dennis) Slama of Potter, NE; nephews, Dan Boyce, John Policky, Jake, Joe, and Jed Policky; nieces Kiyas Dunn, Donica Hassler, Tamra Johnston, Haley O’Hare, Jennifer and Lori Policky; and great nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Mike Policky; father, Kenneth Roach; mother, Loretta Roach, brother, Dennis Roach; sister-in-law, Jill Beving Roach; father-in-law Joseph Policky; and nephew, Brian Policky. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: July 2, 2012
Jan. 28 1950 – July 2, 2012
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines