Jan. 28 1950 – July 2, 2012
Lorraine “Rainy” Policky, age 62, passed away at Mercy Hospital on Monday, July 2, 2012 surrounded by her loving family following a courageous 5-year battle with Multiple Myeloma.
Funeral services will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, July 6, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Miles Cemetery.
Rainy was born in Clinton, Iowa, on January 28, 1950, the daughter of F. Kenneth Roach and Loretta (Mangold) Roach. She graduated from Camanche High School, Camanche, Iowa.
Rainy married Michael S. Policky on August 9, 1975, in Clinton. She was employed at the Clinton County Treasurers Office for 42 years, serving much of that time as Deputy Treasurer. Rainy was very proud of the time she spent working for Clinton County and developed many great friendships there. Lorraine spent her free time taking trips to the Rocky Mountains, South Dakota Badlands, and Nebraska to visit family. She also loved spending time with her grand-puppy Henry.
Lorraine is survived by a son, Jeffrey and his wife Megan (Vens) of Chicago; brother, Gary Roach of Wayne, PA; sister, Diana (Dean) Boyce of Clinton; mother-in-law, Helen Policky of Sidney, NE; two brothers-in-law, Gary (Zoann) Policky of Los Gatos, CA, and Dr. David (Maureen) Policky of Lincoln, NE; a sister-in-law, Patty (Dennis) Slama of Potter, NE; nephews, Dan Boyce, John Policky, Jake, Joe, and Jed Policky; nieces Kiyas Dunn, Donica Hassler, Tamra Johnston, Haley O’Hare, Jennifer and Lori Policky; and great nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Mike Policky; father, Kenneth Roach; mother, Loretta Roach, brother, Dennis Roach; sister-in-law, Jill Beving Roach; father-in-law Joseph Policky; and nephew, Brian Policky. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: July 2, 2012
Jan. 28 1950 – July 2, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines