Jan. 28 1950 – July 2, 2012
Lorraine “Rainy” Policky, age 62, passed away at Mercy Hospital on Monday, July 2, 2012 surrounded by her loving family following a courageous 5-year battle with Multiple Myeloma.
Funeral services will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, July 6, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Miles Cemetery.
Rainy was born in Clinton, Iowa, on January 28, 1950, the daughter of F. Kenneth Roach and Loretta (Mangold) Roach. She graduated from Camanche High School, Camanche, Iowa.
Rainy married Michael S. Policky on August 9, 1975, in Clinton. She was employed at the Clinton County Treasurers Office for 42 years, serving much of that time as Deputy Treasurer. Rainy was very proud of the time she spent working for Clinton County and developed many great friendships there. Lorraine spent her free time taking trips to the Rocky Mountains, South Dakota Badlands, and Nebraska to visit family. She also loved spending time with her grand-puppy Henry.
Lorraine is survived by a son, Jeffrey and his wife Megan (Vens) of Chicago; brother, Gary Roach of Wayne, PA; sister, Diana (Dean) Boyce of Clinton; mother-in-law, Helen Policky of Sidney, NE; two brothers-in-law, Gary (Zoann) Policky of Los Gatos, CA, and Dr. David (Maureen) Policky of Lincoln, NE; a sister-in-law, Patty (Dennis) Slama of Potter, NE; nephews, Dan Boyce, John Policky, Jake, Joe, and Jed Policky; nieces Kiyas Dunn, Donica Hassler, Tamra Johnston, Haley O’Hare, Jennifer and Lori Policky; and great nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Mike Policky; father, Kenneth Roach; mother, Loretta Roach, brother, Dennis Roach; sister-in-law, Jill Beving Roach; father-in-law Joseph Policky; and nephew, Brian Policky. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: July 2, 2012
Jan. 28 1950 – July 2, 2012
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines