July 13, 1954 - July 3, 2012
Vera Lee Wagenknecht, 57, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Living Center, North Campus, on July 3rd, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 11th, at the First Baptist Church, Washington, Iowa. A visitation will occur from 11:00 a.m. to time of funeral service on Wednesday at the First Baptist Church in Washington, Iowa. A local visitation will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 10th, at the Community of Christ Church in Clinton, Iowa. Burial will take place on Wednesday, following the funeral service, at the Oregon Township Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Vera was born July 13th, 1954, in Washington, Iowa, the daughter of Paul Sr. and Madge (Brock) Johnson. She was a 1972 graduate of Washington Community High School. Vera was united in marriage to Thomas Wagenknecht on November 3, 1972 in Rock Island, Illinois.
Vera was a certified nurse's aide since 1979. Vera enjoyed crafts, baking and loved animals. She also enjoyed gardening and tending to her flowers. Vera loved life and loved to help others, she had a special place in her heart for her grandchildren.
Vera is survived by her husband Thomas of Clinton; one daughter - Gwen Wagenknecht-VanderSchaaf of Clinton; one step-son - Tony (Kim) Wagenknecht of Mount Pleasant, IA.; three grandchildren - Jeremy, Bryce and TJ; six step-grandchildren - Justine (Ryan) Wellington of Mount Pleasant, IA., Ethan Wagenknecht of Kings Port, TN., Brooklyn Fraise of Mount Pleasant, IA., Derek Fraise of Mount Pleasant, Griffin Fraise of Mount Pleasant, IA., and Emma Wagenknecht of Mount Pleasant, IA.; four sisters and one brother all of Washington, IA. and many nieces, nephews and special friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her grandparents and one sister.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 3, 2012
July 13, 1954 - July 3, 2012
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Robert J. Wolf Sr. Robert J. Wolf Sr. Sept. 26, 1935 - April 13, 2014 ELDRIDGE -- Funeral services and Mass of Christian Burial for Robert J. Wolf, Sr., 78, a resident of Eldridge, Iowa will be 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at Our Lady of the River Catholic Chur
- Sarena Dickey Weyeneth Sarena Dickey Weyeneth Jan. 13, 1923 - April 9, 2014 ROANOKE, Ill. -- Sarena Dickey Weyeneth, 91, formerly of Roanoke, Illinois, died peacefully in her sleep at the Robin Johnson Hospice House in Dallas, North Carolina at 9:29p.m. on Wednesday, April
- Dolores Mae Struve Dolores Mae Struve May 1, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Dolores Mae Struve, age 82, of Clinton, died Saturday Apr. 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, Apr. 16th, at St. Joh
- Virginia M. A. Petersen Virginia M. A. Petersen Oct. 27, 1910 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Virginia M. A. Petersen, 103, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the Alverno. Graveside Services will be 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- More Obituaries Headlines