July 13, 1954 - July 3, 2012
Vera Lee Wagenknecht, 57, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Living Center, North Campus, on July 3rd, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 11th, at the First Baptist Church, Washington, Iowa. A visitation will occur from 11:00 a.m. to time of funeral service on Wednesday at the First Baptist Church in Washington, Iowa. A local visitation will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 10th, at the Community of Christ Church in Clinton, Iowa. Burial will take place on Wednesday, following the funeral service, at the Oregon Township Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Vera was born July 13th, 1954, in Washington, Iowa, the daughter of Paul Sr. and Madge (Brock) Johnson. She was a 1972 graduate of Washington Community High School. Vera was united in marriage to Thomas Wagenknecht on November 3, 1972 in Rock Island, Illinois.
Vera was a certified nurse's aide since 1979. Vera enjoyed crafts, baking and loved animals. She also enjoyed gardening and tending to her flowers. Vera loved life and loved to help others, she had a special place in her heart for her grandchildren.
Vera is survived by her husband Thomas of Clinton; one daughter - Gwen Wagenknecht-VanderSchaaf of Clinton; one step-son - Tony (Kim) Wagenknecht of Mount Pleasant, IA.; three grandchildren - Jeremy, Bryce and TJ; six step-grandchildren - Justine (Ryan) Wellington of Mount Pleasant, IA., Ethan Wagenknecht of Kings Port, TN., Brooklyn Fraise of Mount Pleasant, IA., Derek Fraise of Mount Pleasant, Griffin Fraise of Mount Pleasant, IA., and Emma Wagenknecht of Mount Pleasant, IA.; four sisters and one brother all of Washington, IA. and many nieces, nephews and special friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her grandparents and one sister.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 3, 2012
July 13, 1954 - July 3, 2012
- Lois M. Thomsen ClintonLois M. ThomsenLois M. Thomsen, 85, of Clinton died Friday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Robert A. Naeve ClintonRobert A. NaeveRobert A. Naeve, 81, of Clinton, died Thursday at the Alverno Health Care facility.Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Elizabeth Lee 'Dolly' Kunde MaquoketaElizabeth Lee ‘Dolly’ KundeElizabeth Lee “Dolly” Kunde, 69, of Maquoketa, died Thursday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa.Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Linda Kay Schnoor Linda Kay SchnoorMay 20, 1945 - July 29, 2014IOWA CITY — Linda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, Iowa passed away on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Cremation rites have been accorded with a prayer and remembrance c
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines