July 13, 1954 - July 3, 2012
Vera Lee Wagenknecht, 57, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Living Center, North Campus, on July 3rd, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 11th, at the First Baptist Church, Washington, Iowa. A visitation will occur from 11:00 a.m. to time of funeral service on Wednesday at the First Baptist Church in Washington, Iowa. A local visitation will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 10th, at the Community of Christ Church in Clinton, Iowa. Burial will take place on Wednesday, following the funeral service, at the Oregon Township Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Vera was born July 13th, 1954, in Washington, Iowa, the daughter of Paul Sr. and Madge (Brock) Johnson. She was a 1972 graduate of Washington Community High School. Vera was united in marriage to Thomas Wagenknecht on November 3, 1972 in Rock Island, Illinois.
Vera was a certified nurse's aide since 1979. Vera enjoyed crafts, baking and loved animals. She also enjoyed gardening and tending to her flowers. Vera loved life and loved to help others, she had a special place in her heart for her grandchildren.
Vera is survived by her husband Thomas of Clinton; one daughter - Gwen Wagenknecht-VanderSchaaf of Clinton; one step-son - Tony (Kim) Wagenknecht of Mount Pleasant, IA.; three grandchildren - Jeremy, Bryce and TJ; six step-grandchildren - Justine (Ryan) Wellington of Mount Pleasant, IA., Ethan Wagenknecht of Kings Port, TN., Brooklyn Fraise of Mount Pleasant, IA., Derek Fraise of Mount Pleasant, Griffin Fraise of Mount Pleasant, IA., and Emma Wagenknecht of Mount Pleasant, IA.; four sisters and one brother all of Washington, IA. and many nieces, nephews and special friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her grandparents and one sister.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 3, 2012
July 13, 1954 - July 3, 2012
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- Donald A. Lass Donald A. Lass Jan. 4, 1937 - March 3, 2014 CLINTON -- Donald A. Lass took his Savior's hand and stepped into paradise early Monday morning, March 3, 2014, his father's birthday, after succumbing to long-term effects of Parkinson's disease. Cremation
- Martin 'Marty' Fritz LANARK, Ill. -- Martin "Marty" Fritz, 89, of Lanark, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna, Ill. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at the First Brethren Church in Lanark, with Pastor E. C. Lathrop officiating. Military rit
- Richard S. “Dick” Lewandowski, Jr.
- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal OMAHA, Neb. -- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal, 71, of Omaha, died Feb. 13. Memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. March 29 with Captain Allen Otto officiating the service at the Salvation Army Citadel, 219 First Ave., with a luncheon to follow at the
- James L. 'Jamie' Yarolem BALDWIN -- James L. "Jamie" Yarolem, 48, of Baldwin, died Sunday at his mother's home in rural Baldwin. Friends and family may gather in remembrance on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Cremation has taken p
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen