July 13, 1954 - July 3, 2012
Vera Lee Wagenknecht, 57, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Living Center, North Campus, on July 3rd, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 11th, at the First Baptist Church, Washington, Iowa. A visitation will occur from 11:00 a.m. to time of funeral service on Wednesday at the First Baptist Church in Washington, Iowa. A local visitation will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 10th, at the Community of Christ Church in Clinton, Iowa. Burial will take place on Wednesday, following the funeral service, at the Oregon Township Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Vera was born July 13th, 1954, in Washington, Iowa, the daughter of Paul Sr. and Madge (Brock) Johnson. She was a 1972 graduate of Washington Community High School. Vera was united in marriage to Thomas Wagenknecht on November 3, 1972 in Rock Island, Illinois.
Vera was a certified nurse's aide since 1979. Vera enjoyed crafts, baking and loved animals. She also enjoyed gardening and tending to her flowers. Vera loved life and loved to help others, she had a special place in her heart for her grandchildren.
Vera is survived by her husband Thomas of Clinton; one daughter - Gwen Wagenknecht-VanderSchaaf of Clinton; one step-son - Tony (Kim) Wagenknecht of Mount Pleasant, IA.; three grandchildren - Jeremy, Bryce and TJ; six step-grandchildren - Justine (Ryan) Wellington of Mount Pleasant, IA., Ethan Wagenknecht of Kings Port, TN., Brooklyn Fraise of Mount Pleasant, IA., Derek Fraise of Mount Pleasant, Griffin Fraise of Mount Pleasant, IA., and Emma Wagenknecht of Mount Pleasant, IA.; four sisters and one brother all of Washington, IA. and many nieces, nephews and special friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her grandparents and one sister.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 3, 2012
July 13, 1954 - July 3, 2012
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- George A. Decker George A. Decker May 13, 1921 - Dec. 7, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Burial for George A. Decker, 92, a resident of Bettendorf, will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1506
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- More Obituaries Headlines