WATERMAN, Ill. —
Oct. 21, 1931 - Feb. 21, 2013
Harold B. Giddings, age 81 of Waterman, IL passed away on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at home. He was born on October 21, 1931 in Clinton, IA, the son of Alvan and Anna (Bruse) Giddings.
Harold served his country proudly as a member of the United States Army during the Korean War. Mr. Giddings was united in marriage on June 7, 1986 to Elizabeth “Betty” Snodgrass and they spent the next 24 happy years together until her passing on September 22, 2010. He was formerly employed, for 2 years, by Purdue University in IN and for the next 35 years as the Principle Electronics Technician at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, IL. Harold was a longtime member of the Waterman United Methodist Church in Waterman, IL. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, brother and uncle who will be deeply missed by his family and friends.
Harold is survived by his children, Randal Giddings of Waterman, IL, Brian (Cathy) Giddings of Sycamore, IL, Nathan Giddings of Graford, TX and Lita Giddings of Hurst, TX; his step-children, Vikki (Mark) Pope of Parker, CO and Mike (Suzi) Warner of DeKalb, IL; his seven grandchildren; his five step-grandchildren; his three great-grandchildren; his brother, Wayne (Brenda) Giddings of Iowa City, IA; his sister, Doloris Ruch of Beloit, WI; brother-in-law, Bob Dannatt of Clinton, IA; sister-in-law, Linda (Tom) Sherwin of Aurora, IL; as well as several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife Betty Giddings; and his sister, Ione Dannatt.
A Memorial Funeral Service will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Nash-Nelson Funeral Home, 1001 West Garfield Street in Waterman, IL. Interment will be private.
Friends may visit from 12:00 p.m. until the Hour of Service on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Funeral Home in Waterman, IL.
Memorials in Harold’s name may be directed to the United Methodist Church, 210 West Garfield Street, Waterman, IL 60556 or the American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718.
Arrangements by Nelson Funeral Homes & Crematory, www.NelsonFuneralHomes.com or (815) 264-3362.
WATERMAN, Ill. —
Oct. 21, 1931 - Feb. 21, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines