WATERMAN, Ill. —
Oct. 21, 1931 - Feb. 21, 2013
Harold B. Giddings, age 81 of Waterman, IL passed away on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at home. He was born on October 21, 1931 in Clinton, IA, the son of Alvan and Anna (Bruse) Giddings.
Harold served his country proudly as a member of the United States Army during the Korean War. Mr. Giddings was united in marriage on June 7, 1986 to Elizabeth “Betty” Snodgrass and they spent the next 24 happy years together until her passing on September 22, 2010. He was formerly employed, for 2 years, by Purdue University in IN and for the next 35 years as the Principle Electronics Technician at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, IL. Harold was a longtime member of the Waterman United Methodist Church in Waterman, IL. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, brother and uncle who will be deeply missed by his family and friends.
Harold is survived by his children, Randal Giddings of Waterman, IL, Brian (Cathy) Giddings of Sycamore, IL, Nathan Giddings of Graford, TX and Lita Giddings of Hurst, TX; his step-children, Vikki (Mark) Pope of Parker, CO and Mike (Suzi) Warner of DeKalb, IL; his seven grandchildren; his five step-grandchildren; his three great-grandchildren; his brother, Wayne (Brenda) Giddings of Iowa City, IA; his sister, Doloris Ruch of Beloit, WI; brother-in-law, Bob Dannatt of Clinton, IA; sister-in-law, Linda (Tom) Sherwin of Aurora, IL; as well as several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife Betty Giddings; and his sister, Ione Dannatt.
A Memorial Funeral Service will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Nash-Nelson Funeral Home, 1001 West Garfield Street in Waterman, IL. Interment will be private.
Friends may visit from 12:00 p.m. until the Hour of Service on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Funeral Home in Waterman, IL.
Memorials in Harold’s name may be directed to the United Methodist Church, 210 West Garfield Street, Waterman, IL 60556 or the American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718.
Arrangements by Nelson Funeral Homes & Crematory, www.NelsonFuneralHomes.com or (815) 264-3362.
WATERMAN, Ill. —
Oct. 21, 1931 - Feb. 21, 2013
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines