WATERMAN, Ill. —
Oct. 21, 1931 - Feb. 21, 2013
Harold B. Giddings, age 81 of Waterman, IL passed away on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at home. He was born on October 21, 1931 in Clinton, IA, the son of Alvan and Anna (Bruse) Giddings.
Harold served his country proudly as a member of the United States Army during the Korean War. Mr. Giddings was united in marriage on June 7, 1986 to Elizabeth “Betty” Snodgrass and they spent the next 24 happy years together until her passing on September 22, 2010. He was formerly employed, for 2 years, by Purdue University in IN and for the next 35 years as the Principle Electronics Technician at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, IL. Harold was a longtime member of the Waterman United Methodist Church in Waterman, IL. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, brother and uncle who will be deeply missed by his family and friends.
Harold is survived by his children, Randal Giddings of Waterman, IL, Brian (Cathy) Giddings of Sycamore, IL, Nathan Giddings of Graford, TX and Lita Giddings of Hurst, TX; his step-children, Vikki (Mark) Pope of Parker, CO and Mike (Suzi) Warner of DeKalb, IL; his seven grandchildren; his five step-grandchildren; his three great-grandchildren; his brother, Wayne (Brenda) Giddings of Iowa City, IA; his sister, Doloris Ruch of Beloit, WI; brother-in-law, Bob Dannatt of Clinton, IA; sister-in-law, Linda (Tom) Sherwin of Aurora, IL; as well as several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife Betty Giddings; and his sister, Ione Dannatt.
A Memorial Funeral Service will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Nash-Nelson Funeral Home, 1001 West Garfield Street in Waterman, IL. Interment will be private.
Friends may visit from 12:00 p.m. until the Hour of Service on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Funeral Home in Waterman, IL.
Memorials in Harold’s name may be directed to the United Methodist Church, 210 West Garfield Street, Waterman, IL 60556 or the American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718.
Arrangements by Nelson Funeral Homes & Crematory, www.NelsonFuneralHomes.com or (815) 264-3362.
WATERMAN, Ill. —
Oct. 21, 1931 - Feb. 21, 2013
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- George A. Decker George A. Decker May 13, 1921 - Dec. 7, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Burial for George A. Decker, 92, a resident of Bettendorf, will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1506
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- More Obituaries Headlines