WATERMAN, Ill. —
Oct. 21, 1931 - Feb. 21, 2013
Harold B. Giddings, age 81 of Waterman, IL passed away on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at home. He was born on October 21, 1931 in Clinton, IA, the son of Alvan and Anna (Bruse) Giddings.
Harold served his country proudly as a member of the United States Army during the Korean War. Mr. Giddings was united in marriage on June 7, 1986 to Elizabeth “Betty” Snodgrass and they spent the next 24 happy years together until her passing on September 22, 2010. He was formerly employed, for 2 years, by Purdue University in IN and for the next 35 years as the Principle Electronics Technician at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, IL. Harold was a longtime member of the Waterman United Methodist Church in Waterman, IL. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, brother and uncle who will be deeply missed by his family and friends.
Harold is survived by his children, Randal Giddings of Waterman, IL, Brian (Cathy) Giddings of Sycamore, IL, Nathan Giddings of Graford, TX and Lita Giddings of Hurst, TX; his step-children, Vikki (Mark) Pope of Parker, CO and Mike (Suzi) Warner of DeKalb, IL; his seven grandchildren; his five step-grandchildren; his three great-grandchildren; his brother, Wayne (Brenda) Giddings of Iowa City, IA; his sister, Doloris Ruch of Beloit, WI; brother-in-law, Bob Dannatt of Clinton, IA; sister-in-law, Linda (Tom) Sherwin of Aurora, IL; as well as several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife Betty Giddings; and his sister, Ione Dannatt.
A Memorial Funeral Service will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Nash-Nelson Funeral Home, 1001 West Garfield Street in Waterman, IL. Interment will be private.
Friends may visit from 12:00 p.m. until the Hour of Service on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Funeral Home in Waterman, IL.
Memorials in Harold’s name may be directed to the United Methodist Church, 210 West Garfield Street, Waterman, IL 60556 or the American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718.
Arrangements by Nelson Funeral Homes & Crematory, www.NelsonFuneralHomes.com or (815) 264-3362.
WATERMAN, Ill. —
Oct. 21, 1931 - Feb. 21, 2013
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- More Obituaries Headlines