June 27, 1949 - Feb. 19, 2013
Ronald E. “Ron” Ruggeberg, 63, of Delmar, Iowa, died unexpectedly on Tuesday, February 19, 2013, in Iowa City, Iowa.
A celebration of Ron’s life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 1, 2013, from the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa, Iowa. There is no visitation and burial will be at a later date in the Evergreen Cemetery, Delmar, Iowa.
Ronald Elmer Ruggeberg was born on June 27, 1949 in Anamosa, Iowa, to Ralph E. and Marjorie M. (Martin) Ruggeberg. He grew up in Delmar and was a 1967 graduate of Delwood High School. He married Mary Wallace on January 31, 1971 in Delmar, Iowa.
Prior to entering the military, Ron had worked for six months at Caterpillar. He then served in the U.S. Navy for four years. Upon receiving an honorable discharge, he returned to Caterpillar working as a machinist for over 24 years.
Ron was a member of a Ham Radio Club and had delivered the Quad City Times newspaper with his wife, Mary, for several years. He and Mary had also worked at flea markets for eight years.
Ron enjoyed motorcycles, dancing, fishing and flea markets. He was known as a quiet, mild-mannered, down-to-earth person.
Those left to honor Ron’s memory include his wife, Mary Ruggeberg of Delmar, IA; children, Daniel L. (Loun) Ruggeberg of Rochester, MN, and Jeffrey A. Ruggeberg of Rochester, MN; 3 grandchildren; brothers, Paul (Janice) Ruggeberg of Maquoketa, IA, John (Jill) Ruggeberg of Bellevue, IA, and Steven (Marilyn) Ruggeberg of Bellevue, IA; a sister, Linda Mohr of Marion, IA; and a sister-in-law, Phyllis (Bill) Turnis of Bernard, IA. He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, David Ruggeberg, and a nephew, Scott Ruggeberg.
Online condolences may be left at www.CarsonAndSon.com.
June 27, 1949 - Feb. 19, 2013
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines