June 27, 1949 - Feb. 19, 2013
Ronald E. “Ron” Ruggeberg, 63, of Delmar, Iowa, died unexpectedly on Tuesday, February 19, 2013, in Iowa City, Iowa.
A celebration of Ron’s life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 1, 2013, from the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa, Iowa. There is no visitation and burial will be at a later date in the Evergreen Cemetery, Delmar, Iowa.
Ronald Elmer Ruggeberg was born on June 27, 1949 in Anamosa, Iowa, to Ralph E. and Marjorie M. (Martin) Ruggeberg. He grew up in Delmar and was a 1967 graduate of Delwood High School. He married Mary Wallace on January 31, 1971 in Delmar, Iowa.
Prior to entering the military, Ron had worked for six months at Caterpillar. He then served in the U.S. Navy for four years. Upon receiving an honorable discharge, he returned to Caterpillar working as a machinist for over 24 years.
Ron was a member of a Ham Radio Club and had delivered the Quad City Times newspaper with his wife, Mary, for several years. He and Mary had also worked at flea markets for eight years.
Ron enjoyed motorcycles, dancing, fishing and flea markets. He was known as a quiet, mild-mannered, down-to-earth person.
Those left to honor Ron’s memory include his wife, Mary Ruggeberg of Delmar, IA; children, Daniel L. (Loun) Ruggeberg of Rochester, MN, and Jeffrey A. Ruggeberg of Rochester, MN; 3 grandchildren; brothers, Paul (Janice) Ruggeberg of Maquoketa, IA, John (Jill) Ruggeberg of Bellevue, IA, and Steven (Marilyn) Ruggeberg of Bellevue, IA; a sister, Linda Mohr of Marion, IA; and a sister-in-law, Phyllis (Bill) Turnis of Bernard, IA. He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, David Ruggeberg, and a nephew, Scott Ruggeberg.
Online condolences may be left at www.CarsonAndSon.com.
June 27, 1949 - Feb. 19, 2013
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines