June 27, 1949 - Feb. 19, 2013
Ronald E. “Ron” Ruggeberg, 63, of Delmar, Iowa, died unexpectedly on Tuesday, February 19, 2013, in Iowa City, Iowa.
A celebration of Ron’s life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 1, 2013, from the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa, Iowa. There is no visitation and burial will be at a later date in the Evergreen Cemetery, Delmar, Iowa.
Ronald Elmer Ruggeberg was born on June 27, 1949 in Anamosa, Iowa, to Ralph E. and Marjorie M. (Martin) Ruggeberg. He grew up in Delmar and was a 1967 graduate of Delwood High School. He married Mary Wallace on January 31, 1971 in Delmar, Iowa.
Prior to entering the military, Ron had worked for six months at Caterpillar. He then served in the U.S. Navy for four years. Upon receiving an honorable discharge, he returned to Caterpillar working as a machinist for over 24 years.
Ron was a member of a Ham Radio Club and had delivered the Quad City Times newspaper with his wife, Mary, for several years. He and Mary had also worked at flea markets for eight years.
Ron enjoyed motorcycles, dancing, fishing and flea markets. He was known as a quiet, mild-mannered, down-to-earth person.
Those left to honor Ron’s memory include his wife, Mary Ruggeberg of Delmar, IA; children, Daniel L. (Loun) Ruggeberg of Rochester, MN, and Jeffrey A. Ruggeberg of Rochester, MN; 3 grandchildren; brothers, Paul (Janice) Ruggeberg of Maquoketa, IA, John (Jill) Ruggeberg of Bellevue, IA, and Steven (Marilyn) Ruggeberg of Bellevue, IA; a sister, Linda Mohr of Marion, IA; and a sister-in-law, Phyllis (Bill) Turnis of Bernard, IA. He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, David Ruggeberg, and a nephew, Scott Ruggeberg.
Online condolences may be left at www.CarsonAndSon.com.
June 27, 1949 - Feb. 19, 2013
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines