June 27, 1949 - Feb. 19, 2013
Ronald E. “Ron” Ruggeberg, 63, of Delmar, Iowa, died unexpectedly on Tuesday, February 19, 2013, in Iowa City, Iowa.
A celebration of Ron’s life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 1, 2013, from the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa, Iowa. There is no visitation and burial will be at a later date in the Evergreen Cemetery, Delmar, Iowa.
Ronald Elmer Ruggeberg was born on June 27, 1949 in Anamosa, Iowa, to Ralph E. and Marjorie M. (Martin) Ruggeberg. He grew up in Delmar and was a 1967 graduate of Delwood High School. He married Mary Wallace on January 31, 1971 in Delmar, Iowa.
Prior to entering the military, Ron had worked for six months at Caterpillar. He then served in the U.S. Navy for four years. Upon receiving an honorable discharge, he returned to Caterpillar working as a machinist for over 24 years.
Ron was a member of a Ham Radio Club and had delivered the Quad City Times newspaper with his wife, Mary, for several years. He and Mary had also worked at flea markets for eight years.
Ron enjoyed motorcycles, dancing, fishing and flea markets. He was known as a quiet, mild-mannered, down-to-earth person.
Those left to honor Ron’s memory include his wife, Mary Ruggeberg of Delmar, IA; children, Daniel L. (Loun) Ruggeberg of Rochester, MN, and Jeffrey A. Ruggeberg of Rochester, MN; 3 grandchildren; brothers, Paul (Janice) Ruggeberg of Maquoketa, IA, John (Jill) Ruggeberg of Bellevue, IA, and Steven (Marilyn) Ruggeberg of Bellevue, IA; a sister, Linda Mohr of Marion, IA; and a sister-in-law, Phyllis (Bill) Turnis of Bernard, IA. He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, David Ruggeberg, and a nephew, Scott Ruggeberg.
Online condolences may be left at www.CarsonAndSon.com.
June 27, 1949 - Feb. 19, 2013
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- Charles 'Charlie' L. Sexton Charles ‘Charlie’ L. SextonAug. 17, 1942 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — Charles “Charlie” L. Sexton, 71, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, July 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Cl
- Marjorie Behne WHEATLAND — Marjorie (Easton) Behne, 86, of Wheatland, died Friday at Wheatland Manor.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Schultz Funeral Home in Grand Mound. A service of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Christian Free
- Promise Rose Honeywell Promise Rose HoneywellJuly 7, 1977 - July 13, 2014LA CROSSE, Wis. — Promise Rose Honeywell, DC, 37, of La Crosse, Wisconsin, died Sunday, July 13, 2014 at her sister’s home in Blaine, Minnesota.She was born on July 7, 1977, to Robert and Therese (Wal
- Ethan Adam Olsen-McAllister CORTLAND, Ill. — Ethan Adam Olsen-McAllister, newborn son of Kristi and Tracie Olsen-McAllister of Cortland, died Friday at Kishwaukee Hospital in DeKalb.All services will be private.Death date: July 18, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DeWittBrenda AikenBrenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Bernice Viola Sander CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday at home.Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the Clinton Church of Christ. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery.Death date: July 17, 2014
- Bernice V. Sander ClintonBernice V. SanderBernice V. Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday at home.Services are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines