June 27, 1949 - Feb. 19, 2013
Ronald E. “Ron” Ruggeberg, 63, of Delmar, Iowa, died unexpectedly on Tuesday, February 19, 2013, in Iowa City, Iowa.
A celebration of Ron’s life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 1, 2013, from the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa, Iowa. There is no visitation and burial will be at a later date in the Evergreen Cemetery, Delmar, Iowa.
Ronald Elmer Ruggeberg was born on June 27, 1949 in Anamosa, Iowa, to Ralph E. and Marjorie M. (Martin) Ruggeberg. He grew up in Delmar and was a 1967 graduate of Delwood High School. He married Mary Wallace on January 31, 1971 in Delmar, Iowa.
Prior to entering the military, Ron had worked for six months at Caterpillar. He then served in the U.S. Navy for four years. Upon receiving an honorable discharge, he returned to Caterpillar working as a machinist for over 24 years.
Ron was a member of a Ham Radio Club and had delivered the Quad City Times newspaper with his wife, Mary, for several years. He and Mary had also worked at flea markets for eight years.
Ron enjoyed motorcycles, dancing, fishing and flea markets. He was known as a quiet, mild-mannered, down-to-earth person.
Those left to honor Ron’s memory include his wife, Mary Ruggeberg of Delmar, IA; children, Daniel L. (Loun) Ruggeberg of Rochester, MN, and Jeffrey A. Ruggeberg of Rochester, MN; 3 grandchildren; brothers, Paul (Janice) Ruggeberg of Maquoketa, IA, John (Jill) Ruggeberg of Bellevue, IA, and Steven (Marilyn) Ruggeberg of Bellevue, IA; a sister, Linda Mohr of Marion, IA; and a sister-in-law, Phyllis (Bill) Turnis of Bernard, IA. He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, David Ruggeberg, and a nephew, Scott Ruggeberg.
Online condolences may be left at www.CarsonAndSon.com.
June 27, 1949 - Feb. 19, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines