ASHTON, Ill. —
Sept. 8, 1956 - Feb. 26, 2103
Robert W. Rohr 83, of Ashton, IL passed away February 26, 2013 in Augusta , GA. He was born in Clinton, IA, Feb. 21, 1930, to the late Frank and Lucille (Olsen) Rohr.
He grew up in Clinton and (was a proud graduate of) Lyons High School in 1950. He served 4 yrs in the Air Force, serving as radioman in Korea, entered college and graduated from The University of Northern Iowa. He also attended Southern Illinois University, Northern Illinois University for furthering education he obtained his Masters Degree in math and Science. He married Janice Rae Jensen on Sept 8, 1956. (May 2003)
He was preceded in death by his parents and his wife.
He is survived by his children, Jon (Jeannie) Rohr of Ashton IL, Joan (Joe) Jackson of St Pete Beach, FL and Jill Rohr of Hinesville, GA., grandchildren Benjamin Rohr and Daniel Rohr; one sister, Carole (Eugene) Gilbert, and several nieces and nephews.
Robert began his teaching career in Lanark, Illinois. He then started teaching in Ashton and retired after 30 + years. He then taught in Hanau Germany for Department of Defense Independent Schools for 7 yrs where he retired again. He took trips to the Boundary Waters in Ely Minnesota for many years taking kids from around the area. He was a candidate for the teacher in space program through NASA.
He was a member of the Ashton American Legion and the Lanark Masonic Lodge, an active member in the United Methodist Church in Ashton where he served as lay leader for many years. He enjoyed traveling, antiquing, and spending time with his family. He enjoyed the outdoors. He was an artist and painted various pictures.
Funeral service will be held March 5, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. at the Ashton United Methodist Church 906 Richardson Ave. Ashton, IL. Visitation will be held at the church Monday, March 4, 2013 from 5-8 p.m. Interment will be held at 3:00 p.m. at the Oak Lawn Cemetery, Clinton, IA on March 5, 2013. All funeral Services were entrusted to the Beverage-Lyons Family Funeral Home Ashton, IL.
Death date: Feb. 26, 2013
ASHTON, Ill. —
Sept. 8, 1956 - Feb. 26, 2103
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines