ASHTON, Ill. —
Sept. 8, 1956 - Feb. 26, 2103
Robert W. Rohr 83, of Ashton, IL passed away February 26, 2013 in Augusta , GA. He was born in Clinton, IA, Feb. 21, 1930, to the late Frank and Lucille (Olsen) Rohr.
He grew up in Clinton and (was a proud graduate of) Lyons High School in 1950. He served 4 yrs in the Air Force, serving as radioman in Korea, entered college and graduated from The University of Northern Iowa. He also attended Southern Illinois University, Northern Illinois University for furthering education he obtained his Masters Degree in math and Science. He married Janice Rae Jensen on Sept 8, 1956. (May 2003)
He was preceded in death by his parents and his wife.
He is survived by his children, Jon (Jeannie) Rohr of Ashton IL, Joan (Joe) Jackson of St Pete Beach, FL and Jill Rohr of Hinesville, GA., grandchildren Benjamin Rohr and Daniel Rohr; one sister, Carole (Eugene) Gilbert, and several nieces and nephews.
Robert began his teaching career in Lanark, Illinois. He then started teaching in Ashton and retired after 30 + years. He then taught in Hanau Germany for Department of Defense Independent Schools for 7 yrs where he retired again. He took trips to the Boundary Waters in Ely Minnesota for many years taking kids from around the area. He was a candidate for the teacher in space program through NASA.
He was a member of the Ashton American Legion and the Lanark Masonic Lodge, an active member in the United Methodist Church in Ashton where he served as lay leader for many years. He enjoyed traveling, antiquing, and spending time with his family. He enjoyed the outdoors. He was an artist and painted various pictures.
Funeral service will be held March 5, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. at the Ashton United Methodist Church 906 Richardson Ave. Ashton, IL. Visitation will be held at the church Monday, March 4, 2013 from 5-8 p.m. Interment will be held at 3:00 p.m. at the Oak Lawn Cemetery, Clinton, IA on March 5, 2013. All funeral Services were entrusted to the Beverage-Lyons Family Funeral Home Ashton, IL.
Death date: Feb. 26, 2013
ASHTON, Ill. —
Sept. 8, 1956 - Feb. 26, 2103
- Geffrey E. Galloway Geffrey E. Galloway March 11, 1950 - March 6, 2014 MECHANICSVILLE -- Geffrey E. Galloway, 63, died March 6, 2014 in his Mechanicsville home. Visitation/open house for Geff will be from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at Fry Funeral Home in Ti
- William Wagner THOMSON, Ill. -- William Wagner, 90, of Thomson, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson. Burial with military rites will take place at Lower York C
- Richard N. Varner Richard N. Varner May 29, 1929 - March 9, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center South Campus. Honoring his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Funeral services will be Thursday,
- James C. Thyne James C. Thyne Feb. 19, 1952 - March 10, 2014 CLINTON -- James C. Thyne, age 62, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 10, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 15th, at Prince of Peace Par
- Alberta J. Wiebenga MORRISON, Ill. -- Alberta J. Wiebenga, 82, of Morrison, died Monday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with Ken Renkes, director of Congrega
- Bernice Bartels DELMAR -- Bernice Bartels, 93, of Delmar, died Tuesday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at th
- Michael Scott Lord Michael Scott Lord June 10, 1964 - March 9, 2014 SIKESTON, Mo. -- Michael Scott Lord, age 49, formerly of Maysville, was born June 10, 1964 and passed away March 9, 2014 in Sikeston, Missouri. Michael was a graduate of Maysville High School and Misso
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- More Obituaries Headlines