ASHTON, Ill. —
Sept. 8, 1956 - Feb. 26, 2103
Robert W. Rohr 83, of Ashton, IL passed away February 26, 2013 in Augusta , GA. He was born in Clinton, IA, Feb. 21, 1930, to the late Frank and Lucille (Olsen) Rohr.
He grew up in Clinton and (was a proud graduate of) Lyons High School in 1950. He served 4 yrs in the Air Force, serving as radioman in Korea, entered college and graduated from The University of Northern Iowa. He also attended Southern Illinois University, Northern Illinois University for furthering education he obtained his Masters Degree in math and Science. He married Janice Rae Jensen on Sept 8, 1956. (May 2003)
He was preceded in death by his parents and his wife.
He is survived by his children, Jon (Jeannie) Rohr of Ashton IL, Joan (Joe) Jackson of St Pete Beach, FL and Jill Rohr of Hinesville, GA., grandchildren Benjamin Rohr and Daniel Rohr; one sister, Carole (Eugene) Gilbert, and several nieces and nephews.
Robert began his teaching career in Lanark, Illinois. He then started teaching in Ashton and retired after 30 + years. He then taught in Hanau Germany for Department of Defense Independent Schools for 7 yrs where he retired again. He took trips to the Boundary Waters in Ely Minnesota for many years taking kids from around the area. He was a candidate for the teacher in space program through NASA.
He was a member of the Ashton American Legion and the Lanark Masonic Lodge, an active member in the United Methodist Church in Ashton where he served as lay leader for many years. He enjoyed traveling, antiquing, and spending time with his family. He enjoyed the outdoors. He was an artist and painted various pictures.
Funeral service will be held March 5, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. at the Ashton United Methodist Church 906 Richardson Ave. Ashton, IL. Visitation will be held at the church Monday, March 4, 2013 from 5-8 p.m. Interment will be held at 3:00 p.m. at the Oak Lawn Cemetery, Clinton, IA on March 5, 2013. All funeral Services were entrusted to the Beverage-Lyons Family Funeral Home Ashton, IL.
Death date: Feb. 26, 2013
ASHTON, Ill. —
Sept. 8, 1956 - Feb. 26, 2103
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines