ASHTON, Ill. —
Sept. 8, 1956 - Feb. 26, 2103
Robert W. Rohr 83, of Ashton, IL passed away February 26, 2013 in Augusta , GA. He was born in Clinton, IA, Feb. 21, 1930, to the late Frank and Lucille (Olsen) Rohr.
He grew up in Clinton and (was a proud graduate of) Lyons High School in 1950. He served 4 yrs in the Air Force, serving as radioman in Korea, entered college and graduated from The University of Northern Iowa. He also attended Southern Illinois University, Northern Illinois University for furthering education he obtained his Masters Degree in math and Science. He married Janice Rae Jensen on Sept 8, 1956. (May 2003)
He was preceded in death by his parents and his wife.
He is survived by his children, Jon (Jeannie) Rohr of Ashton IL, Joan (Joe) Jackson of St Pete Beach, FL and Jill Rohr of Hinesville, GA., grandchildren Benjamin Rohr and Daniel Rohr; one sister, Carole (Eugene) Gilbert, and several nieces and nephews.
Robert began his teaching career in Lanark, Illinois. He then started teaching in Ashton and retired after 30 + years. He then taught in Hanau Germany for Department of Defense Independent Schools for 7 yrs where he retired again. He took trips to the Boundary Waters in Ely Minnesota for many years taking kids from around the area. He was a candidate for the teacher in space program through NASA.
He was a member of the Ashton American Legion and the Lanark Masonic Lodge, an active member in the United Methodist Church in Ashton where he served as lay leader for many years. He enjoyed traveling, antiquing, and spending time with his family. He enjoyed the outdoors. He was an artist and painted various pictures.
Funeral service will be held March 5, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. at the Ashton United Methodist Church 906 Richardson Ave. Ashton, IL. Visitation will be held at the church Monday, March 4, 2013 from 5-8 p.m. Interment will be held at 3:00 p.m. at the Oak Lawn Cemetery, Clinton, IA on March 5, 2013. All funeral Services were entrusted to the Beverage-Lyons Family Funeral Home Ashton, IL.
Death date: Feb. 26, 2013
ASHTON, Ill. —
Sept. 8, 1956 - Feb. 26, 2103
- Lois M. Thomsen ClintonLois M. ThomsenLois M. Thomsen, 85, of Clinton died Friday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Robert A. Naeve ClintonRobert A. NaeveRobert A. Naeve, 81, of Clinton, died Thursday at the Alverno Health Care facility.Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Elizabeth Lee 'Dolly' Kunde MaquoketaElizabeth Lee ‘Dolly’ KundeElizabeth Lee “Dolly” Kunde, 69, of Maquoketa, died Thursday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa.Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Linda Kay Schnoor Linda Kay SchnoorMay 20, 1945 - July 29, 2014IOWA CITY — Linda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, Iowa passed away on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Cremation rites have been accorded with a prayer and remembrance c
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines