ASHTON, Ill. —
Sept. 8, 1956 - Feb. 26, 2103
Robert W. Rohr 83, of Ashton, IL passed away February 26, 2013 in Augusta , GA. He was born in Clinton, IA, Feb. 21, 1930, to the late Frank and Lucille (Olsen) Rohr.
He grew up in Clinton and (was a proud graduate of) Lyons High School in 1950. He served 4 yrs in the Air Force, serving as radioman in Korea, entered college and graduated from The University of Northern Iowa. He also attended Southern Illinois University, Northern Illinois University for furthering education he obtained his Masters Degree in math and Science. He married Janice Rae Jensen on Sept 8, 1956. (May 2003)
He was preceded in death by his parents and his wife.
He is survived by his children, Jon (Jeannie) Rohr of Ashton IL, Joan (Joe) Jackson of St Pete Beach, FL and Jill Rohr of Hinesville, GA., grandchildren Benjamin Rohr and Daniel Rohr; one sister, Carole (Eugene) Gilbert, and several nieces and nephews.
Robert began his teaching career in Lanark, Illinois. He then started teaching in Ashton and retired after 30 + years. He then taught in Hanau Germany for Department of Defense Independent Schools for 7 yrs where he retired again. He took trips to the Boundary Waters in Ely Minnesota for many years taking kids from around the area. He was a candidate for the teacher in space program through NASA.
He was a member of the Ashton American Legion and the Lanark Masonic Lodge, an active member in the United Methodist Church in Ashton where he served as lay leader for many years. He enjoyed traveling, antiquing, and spending time with his family. He enjoyed the outdoors. He was an artist and painted various pictures.
Funeral service will be held March 5, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. at the Ashton United Methodist Church 906 Richardson Ave. Ashton, IL. Visitation will be held at the church Monday, March 4, 2013 from 5-8 p.m. Interment will be held at 3:00 p.m. at the Oak Lawn Cemetery, Clinton, IA on March 5, 2013. All funeral Services were entrusted to the Beverage-Lyons Family Funeral Home Ashton, IL.
Death date: Feb. 26, 2013
ASHTON, Ill. —
Sept. 8, 1956 - Feb. 26, 2103
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines