Sept. 18, 1935 - March 3, 2013
Ann Sullivan, 77, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 3, 2013, at the Alverno Nursing Home, Clinton.
A Funeral Mass will be 9 a.m. Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche. Burial will be in the St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery, Clinton. Serving as pallbearers will be Andrew Crow, Michael Sullivan, Tom Koester, Jenny Schaffer, Al Reynolds, and John Moffit. Visitation will be Friday from 2 to 8 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Beverly Anne Crow was born on September 18, 1935, in Lowell, Kansas, the daughter of Cecil and Coral (Williams) Crow. She was a 1953 graduate of Galena High School, Galena, Illinois. She then attended Platteville State Teachers College. She married Thomas J. Sullivan on July 10, 1960, in Rantoul, Illinois; he died July 2, 1994.
Ann started her working career as a merchandise buyer for Roshek's Department Store in Dubuque, later moving to Cedar Rapids and working at Cramer’s Department Store. She then moved to Rockford, Illinois, with her husband and started Shakey’s Pizza Parlor. She and her husband moved to Clinton in 1972 and started the Shot Tower Inn operating it until 1983. She managed Steven’s Department Store at the Northpark Mall in Davenport, Iowa, until she and Tom became the managers of the Clinton Country Club retiring in 2004.
Ann was an avid golfer, serving many capacities in the sport including: the Lincoln Highway Golf League, past president of the Ingerssol Women’s Golf Association, past chairman of the Rockford Women’s Golf Tournament and carding a hole in one. She also enjoyed bowling and was a member of PEO Chapter JW. She was a member of the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche.
Ann is survived by three brothers, James L. Crow of Rockford, Illinois, Guy (Nancy) Crow of Galena, Illinois, Billy Ray (Doris) Crow of Dubuque, Iowa; her sister, Dixie Davis of Richardson, Texas; nieces and nephews: Cory (Kevin) Crow-Geary of New York, New York, Andrew Thomas Crow of Rockford, Illinois, Patrick (Teresa) Sullivan of Bennett, Wisconsin, Michael (Marguerite) Sullivan of Newton, North Carolina, Daniel (Sherry) Sullivan of Clinton, Randy James Crow of Palm Springs, California, Todd James Crow of Chicago, Illinois, and Jill Crow of Moline, Illinois, Scott (Debbie) Davis of Whitesboro, Texas, Jeff (Kathy) Davis of McKinney, Texas, Anne Michelle (Bill) McCausland, Tampa, Florida; great nieces and nephews: Karley Ann Marie Sullivan and Michael Patrick Sullivan of Clinton, Amy Sullivan and Kaitlyn Sullivan of Newton, North Carolina, and Parker Geary of New York, New York.
Ann was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; and her sister, Rama Jean Mutascio.
Memorials can be made to the family to establish an annual girl's golf scholarship at Clinton High School.
Death date: March 3, 2013
Sept. 18, 1935 - March 3, 2013
- Arline M. Petersen Jan. 7, 1921 – July 11, 2014DEWITT — Arline M. (Mrs. Elmer) Petersen, 93, of DeWitt, Iowa, formerly of Elvira, Iowa, died Friday morning, July 11, 2014, at Westwing Place, DeWitt.Mrs. Petersen was born Arline Marian Dierks, January 7, 1921, at rural
- Mariella E. Heeren Nov. 11, 1928 – May 27, 2014CLINTON — Mariella E. Heeren, age 85, of Clinton, IA, formerly of Dakota City, NE passed away Tuesday May 27, 2014 at the Clarissa C. Cook Hospice Home in Bettendorf, IA. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial servic
- Jeanice Bray Camanche Jeanice Bray, 62, of Camanche, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Harold "Deno" E. Wilkinson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Harold “Deno” E. Wilkinson died July 10, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. The funeral will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson, Illinois. Burial will take place in Lower York Ceme
- Merlyn Gohlmann Maquoketa Merlyn E. Gohlmann, 76, of Maquoketa, died Thursday, July 10, 2014, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque.Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Robert H. Dalrymple Aug. 11, 1924 – July 10, 2014CLINTON — Robert H. Dalrymple, 89, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, July 10, 2014 at Mercy Living Center South.Graveside Services will be noon, Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at Springdale Cemetery. Visitation will be Tuesday fr
Donald Whitmore of Muscatine & formerly of Clinton & Sabula has died on June 23rd in Iowa City.
- Robert H. Dalrymple CLINTON — Robert H. Dalrymple, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South.Graveside services will be at noon Tuesday at Springdale Cemetery. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to the service time at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funera
- Lorraine Maxine Murphy Lorraine Maxine MurphyFeb. 4, 1913 - July 6, 2014LAKE TOMAHAWK, Wis. — Lorraine Maxine Murphy, 101, of Lake Tomahawk, Wisconsin, passed away on Sunday, July 6, at home with family by her side.Nimsgern Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Visita
- Lois Marie Frank MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Lois Marie Frank, 79, died Monday in Normal, Illinois. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll, with her son Lindsay Frank officiating. Burial will be at Oak Hill Cemetery in Mo
- More Obituaries Headlines