Sept. 18, 1935 - March 3, 2013
Ann Sullivan, 77, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 3, 2013, at the Alverno Nursing Home, Clinton.
A Funeral Mass will be 9 a.m. Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche. Burial will be in the St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery, Clinton. Serving as pallbearers will be Andrew Crow, Michael Sullivan, Tom Koester, Jenny Schaffer, Al Reynolds, and John Moffit. Visitation will be Friday from 2 to 8 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Beverly Anne Crow was born on September 18, 1935, in Lowell, Kansas, the daughter of Cecil and Coral (Williams) Crow. She was a 1953 graduate of Galena High School, Galena, Illinois. She then attended Platteville State Teachers College. She married Thomas J. Sullivan on July 10, 1960, in Rantoul, Illinois; he died July 2, 1994.
Ann started her working career as a merchandise buyer for Roshek's Department Store in Dubuque, later moving to Cedar Rapids and working at Cramer’s Department Store. She then moved to Rockford, Illinois, with her husband and started Shakey’s Pizza Parlor. She and her husband moved to Clinton in 1972 and started the Shot Tower Inn operating it until 1983. She managed Steven’s Department Store at the Northpark Mall in Davenport, Iowa, until she and Tom became the managers of the Clinton Country Club retiring in 2004.
Ann was an avid golfer, serving many capacities in the sport including: the Lincoln Highway Golf League, past president of the Ingerssol Women’s Golf Association, past chairman of the Rockford Women’s Golf Tournament and carding a hole in one. She also enjoyed bowling and was a member of PEO Chapter JW. She was a member of the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche.
Ann is survived by three brothers, James L. Crow of Rockford, Illinois, Guy (Nancy) Crow of Galena, Illinois, Billy Ray (Doris) Crow of Dubuque, Iowa; her sister, Dixie Davis of Richardson, Texas; nieces and nephews: Cory (Kevin) Crow-Geary of New York, New York, Andrew Thomas Crow of Rockford, Illinois, Patrick (Teresa) Sullivan of Bennett, Wisconsin, Michael (Marguerite) Sullivan of Newton, North Carolina, Daniel (Sherry) Sullivan of Clinton, Randy James Crow of Palm Springs, California, Todd James Crow of Chicago, Illinois, and Jill Crow of Moline, Illinois, Scott (Debbie) Davis of Whitesboro, Texas, Jeff (Kathy) Davis of McKinney, Texas, Anne Michelle (Bill) McCausland, Tampa, Florida; great nieces and nephews: Karley Ann Marie Sullivan and Michael Patrick Sullivan of Clinton, Amy Sullivan and Kaitlyn Sullivan of Newton, North Carolina, and Parker Geary of New York, New York.
Ann was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; and her sister, Rama Jean Mutascio.
Memorials can be made to the family to establish an annual girl's golf scholarship at Clinton High School.
Death date: March 3, 2013
Sept. 18, 1935 - March 3, 2013
- Geffrey E. Galloway Geffrey E. Galloway March 11, 1950 - March 6, 2014 MECHANICSVILLE -- Geffrey E. Galloway, 63, died March 6, 2014 in his Mechanicsville home. Visitation/open house for Geff will be from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at Fry Funeral Home in Ti
- William Wagner THOMSON, Ill. -- William Wagner, 90, of Thomson, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson. Burial with military rites will take place at Lower York C
- Richard N. Varner Richard N. Varner May 29, 1929 - March 9, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center South Campus. Honoring his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Funeral services will be Thursday,
- James C. Thyne James C. Thyne Feb. 19, 1952 - March 10, 2014 CLINTON -- James C. Thyne, age 62, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 10, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 15th, at Prince of Peace Par
- Alberta J. Wiebenga MORRISON, Ill. -- Alberta J. Wiebenga, 82, of Morrison, died Monday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with Ken Renkes, director of Congrega
- Bernice Bartels DELMAR -- Bernice Bartels, 93, of Delmar, died Tuesday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at th
- Michael Scott Lord Michael Scott Lord June 10, 1964 - March 9, 2014 SIKESTON, Mo. -- Michael Scott Lord, age 49, formerly of Maysville, was born June 10, 1964 and passed away March 9, 2014 in Sikeston, Missouri. Michael was a graduate of Maysville High School and Misso
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- More Obituaries Headlines