Sept. 18, 1935 - March 3, 2013
Ann Sullivan, 77, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 3, 2013, at the Alverno Nursing Home, Clinton.
A Funeral Mass will be 9 a.m. Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche. Burial will be in the St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery, Clinton. Serving as pallbearers will be Andrew Crow, Michael Sullivan, Tom Koester, Jenny Schaffer, Al Reynolds, and John Moffit. Visitation will be Friday from 2 to 8 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Beverly Anne Crow was born on September 18, 1935, in Lowell, Kansas, the daughter of Cecil and Coral (Williams) Crow. She was a 1953 graduate of Galena High School, Galena, Illinois. She then attended Platteville State Teachers College. She married Thomas J. Sullivan on July 10, 1960, in Rantoul, Illinois; he died July 2, 1994.
Ann started her working career as a merchandise buyer for Roshek's Department Store in Dubuque, later moving to Cedar Rapids and working at Cramer’s Department Store. She then moved to Rockford, Illinois, with her husband and started Shakey’s Pizza Parlor. She and her husband moved to Clinton in 1972 and started the Shot Tower Inn operating it until 1983. She managed Steven’s Department Store at the Northpark Mall in Davenport, Iowa, until she and Tom became the managers of the Clinton Country Club retiring in 2004.
Ann was an avid golfer, serving many capacities in the sport including: the Lincoln Highway Golf League, past president of the Ingerssol Women’s Golf Association, past chairman of the Rockford Women’s Golf Tournament and carding a hole in one. She also enjoyed bowling and was a member of PEO Chapter JW. She was a member of the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche.
Ann is survived by three brothers, James L. Crow of Rockford, Illinois, Guy (Nancy) Crow of Galena, Illinois, Billy Ray (Doris) Crow of Dubuque, Iowa; her sister, Dixie Davis of Richardson, Texas; nieces and nephews: Cory (Kevin) Crow-Geary of New York, New York, Andrew Thomas Crow of Rockford, Illinois, Patrick (Teresa) Sullivan of Bennett, Wisconsin, Michael (Marguerite) Sullivan of Newton, North Carolina, Daniel (Sherry) Sullivan of Clinton, Randy James Crow of Palm Springs, California, Todd James Crow of Chicago, Illinois, and Jill Crow of Moline, Illinois, Scott (Debbie) Davis of Whitesboro, Texas, Jeff (Kathy) Davis of McKinney, Texas, Anne Michelle (Bill) McCausland, Tampa, Florida; great nieces and nephews: Karley Ann Marie Sullivan and Michael Patrick Sullivan of Clinton, Amy Sullivan and Kaitlyn Sullivan of Newton, North Carolina, and Parker Geary of New York, New York.
Ann was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; and her sister, Rama Jean Mutascio.
Memorials can be made to the family to establish an annual girl's golf scholarship at Clinton High School.
Death date: March 3, 2013
Sept. 18, 1935 - March 3, 2013
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines