Sept. 18, 1935 - March 3, 2013
Ann Sullivan, 77, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 3, 2013, at the Alverno Nursing Home, Clinton.
A Funeral Mass will be 9 a.m. Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche. Burial will be in the St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery, Clinton. Serving as pallbearers will be Andrew Crow, Michael Sullivan, Tom Koester, Jenny Schaffer, Al Reynolds, and John Moffit. Visitation will be Friday from 2 to 8 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Beverly Anne Crow was born on September 18, 1935, in Lowell, Kansas, the daughter of Cecil and Coral (Williams) Crow. She was a 1953 graduate of Galena High School, Galena, Illinois. She then attended Platteville State Teachers College. She married Thomas J. Sullivan on July 10, 1960, in Rantoul, Illinois; he died July 2, 1994.
Ann started her working career as a merchandise buyer for Roshek's Department Store in Dubuque, later moving to Cedar Rapids and working at Cramer’s Department Store. She then moved to Rockford, Illinois, with her husband and started Shakey’s Pizza Parlor. She and her husband moved to Clinton in 1972 and started the Shot Tower Inn operating it until 1983. She managed Steven’s Department Store at the Northpark Mall in Davenport, Iowa, until she and Tom became the managers of the Clinton Country Club retiring in 2004.
Ann was an avid golfer, serving many capacities in the sport including: the Lincoln Highway Golf League, past president of the Ingerssol Women’s Golf Association, past chairman of the Rockford Women’s Golf Tournament and carding a hole in one. She also enjoyed bowling and was a member of PEO Chapter JW. She was a member of the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche.
Ann is survived by three brothers, James L. Crow of Rockford, Illinois, Guy (Nancy) Crow of Galena, Illinois, Billy Ray (Doris) Crow of Dubuque, Iowa; her sister, Dixie Davis of Richardson, Texas; nieces and nephews: Cory (Kevin) Crow-Geary of New York, New York, Andrew Thomas Crow of Rockford, Illinois, Patrick (Teresa) Sullivan of Bennett, Wisconsin, Michael (Marguerite) Sullivan of Newton, North Carolina, Daniel (Sherry) Sullivan of Clinton, Randy James Crow of Palm Springs, California, Todd James Crow of Chicago, Illinois, and Jill Crow of Moline, Illinois, Scott (Debbie) Davis of Whitesboro, Texas, Jeff (Kathy) Davis of McKinney, Texas, Anne Michelle (Bill) McCausland, Tampa, Florida; great nieces and nephews: Karley Ann Marie Sullivan and Michael Patrick Sullivan of Clinton, Amy Sullivan and Kaitlyn Sullivan of Newton, North Carolina, and Parker Geary of New York, New York.
Ann was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; and her sister, Rama Jean Mutascio.
Memorials can be made to the family to establish an annual girl's golf scholarship at Clinton High School.
Death date: March 3, 2013
Sept. 18, 1935 - March 3, 2013
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- George A. Decker George A. Decker May 13, 1921 - Dec. 7, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Burial for George A. Decker, 92, a resident of Bettendorf, will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1506
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- More Obituaries Headlines