Nov. 7, 1929 - March 5, 2013
Marvin P. Ketelsen, age 83, of Clinton, passed away Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation or funeral services. In following Marvin’s wishes he deeded his body to the University of Iowa, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology. A memorial service will be held at a later date. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Marvin was born in Clinton on November 7, 1929, the son of Karl and Amanda (Ketelsen) Ketelsen. He served the U.S. Navy during the Korean War. He married Sharon Anderson on April 26, 1959, at Chancy Lutheran Church. Marvin was employed with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad. He and his wife also farmed north of Clinton for many years. Marvin was a charter member of Chancy Lutheran Church.
Marvin is survived by his wife, Sharon; three daughters, Lisa Ketelsen of Tempe, AZ, Laura (Frank) Blake of Bloomingdale, IL, and Lynne (Jack) Thomas of Sycamore, IL; two granddaughters, Casey Jepsen and Katie Blake; his sister, Arlene (Henry) Langrehr of Clinton; two brothers, Ken (Artie) Ketelsen and Richard (Janette) Ketelsen both of Clinton; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers, Harold, Raymond and Gilbert.
Memorials may be made to Chancy Lutheran Church or the charity of your choice. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: March 5, 2013
Nov. 7, 1929 - March 5, 2013
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines