Nov. 7, 1929 - March 5, 2013
Marvin P. Ketelsen, age 83, of Clinton, passed away Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation or funeral services. In following Marvin’s wishes he deeded his body to the University of Iowa, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology. A memorial service will be held at a later date. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Marvin was born in Clinton on November 7, 1929, the son of Karl and Amanda (Ketelsen) Ketelsen. He served the U.S. Navy during the Korean War. He married Sharon Anderson on April 26, 1959, at Chancy Lutheran Church. Marvin was employed with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad. He and his wife also farmed north of Clinton for many years. Marvin was a charter member of Chancy Lutheran Church.
Marvin is survived by his wife, Sharon; three daughters, Lisa Ketelsen of Tempe, AZ, Laura (Frank) Blake of Bloomingdale, IL, and Lynne (Jack) Thomas of Sycamore, IL; two granddaughters, Casey Jepsen and Katie Blake; his sister, Arlene (Henry) Langrehr of Clinton; two brothers, Ken (Artie) Ketelsen and Richard (Janette) Ketelsen both of Clinton; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers, Harold, Raymond and Gilbert.
Memorials may be made to Chancy Lutheran Church or the charity of your choice. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: March 5, 2013
Nov. 7, 1929 - March 5, 2013
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines