Nov. 7, 1929 - March 5, 2013
Marvin P. Ketelsen, age 83, of Clinton, passed away Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation or funeral services. In following Marvin’s wishes he deeded his body to the University of Iowa, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology. A memorial service will be held at a later date. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Marvin was born in Clinton on November 7, 1929, the son of Karl and Amanda (Ketelsen) Ketelsen. He served the U.S. Navy during the Korean War. He married Sharon Anderson on April 26, 1959, at Chancy Lutheran Church. Marvin was employed with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad. He and his wife also farmed north of Clinton for many years. Marvin was a charter member of Chancy Lutheran Church.
Marvin is survived by his wife, Sharon; three daughters, Lisa Ketelsen of Tempe, AZ, Laura (Frank) Blake of Bloomingdale, IL, and Lynne (Jack) Thomas of Sycamore, IL; two granddaughters, Casey Jepsen and Katie Blake; his sister, Arlene (Henry) Langrehr of Clinton; two brothers, Ken (Artie) Ketelsen and Richard (Janette) Ketelsen both of Clinton; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers, Harold, Raymond and Gilbert.
Memorials may be made to Chancy Lutheran Church or the charity of your choice. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: March 5, 2013
Nov. 7, 1929 - March 5, 2013
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines