Nov. 7, 1929 - March 5, 2013
Marvin P. Ketelsen, age 83, of Clinton, passed away Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation or funeral services. In following Marvin’s wishes he deeded his body to the University of Iowa, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology. A memorial service will be held at a later date. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Marvin was born in Clinton on November 7, 1929, the son of Karl and Amanda (Ketelsen) Ketelsen. He served the U.S. Navy during the Korean War. He married Sharon Anderson on April 26, 1959, at Chancy Lutheran Church. Marvin was employed with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad. He and his wife also farmed north of Clinton for many years. Marvin was a charter member of Chancy Lutheran Church.
Marvin is survived by his wife, Sharon; three daughters, Lisa Ketelsen of Tempe, AZ, Laura (Frank) Blake of Bloomingdale, IL, and Lynne (Jack) Thomas of Sycamore, IL; two granddaughters, Casey Jepsen and Katie Blake; his sister, Arlene (Henry) Langrehr of Clinton; two brothers, Ken (Artie) Ketelsen and Richard (Janette) Ketelsen both of Clinton; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers, Harold, Raymond and Gilbert.
Memorials may be made to Chancy Lutheran Church or the charity of your choice. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: March 5, 2013
Nov. 7, 1929 - March 5, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines