Dec. 10, 1933 - Aug. 29, 2012
Charles Ambrose Meyer, 78, of Camanche, Iowa, passed away on Wednesday, August 29, 2012.
Funeral services will be held at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, September 4, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held 3 hours prior to the funeral service from 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, September 4, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. Burial will be at a later date.
Charles was born December 10, 1933, in Bellevue, Iowa. He was one of five children born to Ambrose and Hilda (Peters) Meyer. Charles graduated in 1951 from Miles High School. Early in life Charles was active in farming. He was a member of the Baby Beef 4-H Club, showing Champion Herefords.
Charles served in the U.S. Army from 1955 to 1957. He served in Korea in 1957. After returning from service, he continued his love of farming with his father raising Hereford cattle and Hampshire hogs. He married Mary (Finch) Griebel on November 26, 1982, in Preston, Iowa.
Charles loved sports — volunteering for many years as a time keeper for the Miles High School basketball games. Above all he loved spending time with his family.
Charles is survived by his loving wife, Mary; one daughter, Beth Pobanz of Geneseo, IL; one granddaughter, Emily; one stepdaughter, Lyn (Patrick) Lamey of Suffolk, VA; three stepsons, Dan (Diane) Griebel of Camanche, IA, Richard (Judy) Griebel of Camanche, IA, Mark (Brenda) Griebel of Fulton, IL; eleven stepgrandchildren; several stepgreat-grandchildren; two sisters, Mary Ellen Greve of Bryant, IA, Jeanette (Don) Durkop of Lost Nation, IA; one brother, Wayne (Dora) Meyer of Maquoketa, IA; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one sister and two brothers-in-law.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 29, 2012
Dec. 10, 1933 - Aug. 29, 2012
- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, died Thursday, at her home. Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory with Rev. Chris Minor-Heilig officiating. Burial will be in
- Robert Petersen Clinton Robert Petersen Robert Petersen, 84, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Leslie C. Chandler Clinton Leslie C. Chandler Leslie C. Chandler, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, died Wednesday, Mercy Medical Center North. A funeral Mass will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial visitation will be Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Clint
- Carl Junior Anderson Carl Junior Anderson Oct. 19, 2013 - Dec. 5, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Carl Junior Anderson loved his country, veterans and collecting and shooting his guns. He died at age 73 in Thomson, Illinois, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at his home surrounded by hi
- Madonna Finch Clinton Madonna Finch Madonna Finch, 80, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Nora Glazier LYNDON, Ill. -- Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Morrison Chapel of the
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- More Obituaries Headlines