IOWA CITY —
July 31, 1944 - March 14, 2013
Sharon Sue (Hass) Arbogast, 68, of Iowa City, died peacefully in her home on Thursday, March 14, 2013. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. on Sunday, March 17, at Lensing Funeral Home, 605 Kirkwood Avenue, Iowa City. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Monday at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 123 E. Market Street, Iowa City.
Sharon was born July 31, 1944, and raised on a beloved family farm outside of Dixon, Iowa. She graduated from Wheatland High School in 1962 and pursued her childhood dream of becoming a nurse at the Moline Public School of Nursing where she obtained her registered nurse license in 1965. She began her lifelong career immediately, but went on to earn her Bachelors in Nursing from the University of Iowa.
Sharon enjoyed her nursing career for forty years in various roles at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. She had many patients that were very grateful for her compassionate care.
Sharon's first priority was always her large family. Most of all, her eleven grandchildren with whom she loved to spend time with, cheering them on in their various activities. She was always on the sidelines for their athletics or musical concerts and played a definitive and a loving role in their upbringing. She was thrilled to see the first grandchild get married, two weeks ago, despite her illness.
Sharon was very conscientious about protecting the environment through clean energy, recycling and supporting “green” organizations. Her parents taught her these values of conservation on the farm.
Sharon always had a dream of joining the Peace Corps and therefore a memorial fund has been established on her behalf: Peace Corps, Office of Gifts and Grants, 1111 20th Street NW, Washington DC, 20526
Sharon is survived by her four children: Alissa (Daryl) Schepanski of Anamosa, IA, Eric (Annette) Arbogast of Williamsburg, VA, Karl (Christine) Arbogast of Yuma, AZ, and Karen Bok (Jereme Sutton), North Liberty, IA. Her 11 grandchildren: Elizabeth (Austin) Goodsman, Jane and Wyatt Colony, Rachel, Kevin and Kyle Schepanski, Brittney and Allison Arbogast and Nicolaus, Benjamin and Heidi Arbogast; siblings: Don (Pat) Hass, Gene Meyer, Kate Stankee, Janelle (Scott) Weinberg, Jeanna Tendall (Harry Oberg) and Pamela Hass (Lee Hanson); and many nieces and nephews, cousins and extended family.
Sharon was preceded in death by her parents, Alfred and Inez (Warner) Hass; her sister, Delores Meyer; brother-in-law, Brent Stankee; and a son-in-law, Christopher Bok.
Sharon was dearly loved and will be greatly missed.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lensingfuneral.com.
Death date: March 14, 2013
IOWA CITY —
July 31, 1944 - March 14, 2013
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines