IOWA CITY —
July 31, 1944 - March 14, 2013
Sharon Sue (Hass) Arbogast, 68, of Iowa City, died peacefully in her home on Thursday, March 14, 2013. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. on Sunday, March 17, at Lensing Funeral Home, 605 Kirkwood Avenue, Iowa City. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Monday at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 123 E. Market Street, Iowa City.
Sharon was born July 31, 1944, and raised on a beloved family farm outside of Dixon, Iowa. She graduated from Wheatland High School in 1962 and pursued her childhood dream of becoming a nurse at the Moline Public School of Nursing where she obtained her registered nurse license in 1965. She began her lifelong career immediately, but went on to earn her Bachelors in Nursing from the University of Iowa.
Sharon enjoyed her nursing career for forty years in various roles at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. She had many patients that were very grateful for her compassionate care.
Sharon's first priority was always her large family. Most of all, her eleven grandchildren with whom she loved to spend time with, cheering them on in their various activities. She was always on the sidelines for their athletics or musical concerts and played a definitive and a loving role in their upbringing. She was thrilled to see the first grandchild get married, two weeks ago, despite her illness.
Sharon was very conscientious about protecting the environment through clean energy, recycling and supporting “green” organizations. Her parents taught her these values of conservation on the farm.
Sharon always had a dream of joining the Peace Corps and therefore a memorial fund has been established on her behalf: Peace Corps, Office of Gifts and Grants, 1111 20th Street NW, Washington DC, 20526
Sharon is survived by her four children: Alissa (Daryl) Schepanski of Anamosa, IA, Eric (Annette) Arbogast of Williamsburg, VA, Karl (Christine) Arbogast of Yuma, AZ, and Karen Bok (Jereme Sutton), North Liberty, IA. Her 11 grandchildren: Elizabeth (Austin) Goodsman, Jane and Wyatt Colony, Rachel, Kevin and Kyle Schepanski, Brittney and Allison Arbogast and Nicolaus, Benjamin and Heidi Arbogast; siblings: Don (Pat) Hass, Gene Meyer, Kate Stankee, Janelle (Scott) Weinberg, Jeanna Tendall (Harry Oberg) and Pamela Hass (Lee Hanson); and many nieces and nephews, cousins and extended family.
Sharon was preceded in death by her parents, Alfred and Inez (Warner) Hass; her sister, Delores Meyer; brother-in-law, Brent Stankee; and a son-in-law, Christopher Bok.
Sharon was dearly loved and will be greatly missed.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lensingfuneral.com.
Death date: March 14, 2013
IOWA CITY —
July 31, 1944 - March 14, 2013
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines