IOWA CITY —
July 31, 1944 - March 14, 2013
Sharon Sue (Hass) Arbogast, 68, of Iowa City, died peacefully in her home on Thursday, March 14, 2013. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. on Sunday, March 17, at Lensing Funeral Home, 605 Kirkwood Avenue, Iowa City. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Monday at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 123 E. Market Street, Iowa City.
Sharon was born July 31, 1944, and raised on a beloved family farm outside of Dixon, Iowa. She graduated from Wheatland High School in 1962 and pursued her childhood dream of becoming a nurse at the Moline Public School of Nursing where she obtained her registered nurse license in 1965. She began her lifelong career immediately, but went on to earn her Bachelors in Nursing from the University of Iowa.
Sharon enjoyed her nursing career for forty years in various roles at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. She had many patients that were very grateful for her compassionate care.
Sharon's first priority was always her large family. Most of all, her eleven grandchildren with whom she loved to spend time with, cheering them on in their various activities. She was always on the sidelines for their athletics or musical concerts and played a definitive and a loving role in their upbringing. She was thrilled to see the first grandchild get married, two weeks ago, despite her illness.
Sharon was very conscientious about protecting the environment through clean energy, recycling and supporting “green” organizations. Her parents taught her these values of conservation on the farm.
Sharon always had a dream of joining the Peace Corps and therefore a memorial fund has been established on her behalf: Peace Corps, Office of Gifts and Grants, 1111 20th Street NW, Washington DC, 20526
Sharon is survived by her four children: Alissa (Daryl) Schepanski of Anamosa, IA, Eric (Annette) Arbogast of Williamsburg, VA, Karl (Christine) Arbogast of Yuma, AZ, and Karen Bok (Jereme Sutton), North Liberty, IA. Her 11 grandchildren: Elizabeth (Austin) Goodsman, Jane and Wyatt Colony, Rachel, Kevin and Kyle Schepanski, Brittney and Allison Arbogast and Nicolaus, Benjamin and Heidi Arbogast; siblings: Don (Pat) Hass, Gene Meyer, Kate Stankee, Janelle (Scott) Weinberg, Jeanna Tendall (Harry Oberg) and Pamela Hass (Lee Hanson); and many nieces and nephews, cousins and extended family.
Sharon was preceded in death by her parents, Alfred and Inez (Warner) Hass; her sister, Delores Meyer; brother-in-law, Brent Stankee; and a son-in-law, Christopher Bok.
Sharon was dearly loved and will be greatly missed.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lensingfuneral.com.
Death date: March 14, 2013
IOWA CITY —
July 31, 1944 - March 14, 2013
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines