IOWA CITY —
July 31, 1944 - March 14, 2013
Sharon Sue (Hass) Arbogast, 68, of Iowa City, died peacefully in her home on Thursday, March 14, 2013. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. on Sunday, March 17, at Lensing Funeral Home, 605 Kirkwood Avenue, Iowa City. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Monday at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 123 E. Market Street, Iowa City.
Sharon was born July 31, 1944, and raised on a beloved family farm outside of Dixon, Iowa. She graduated from Wheatland High School in 1962 and pursued her childhood dream of becoming a nurse at the Moline Public School of Nursing where she obtained her registered nurse license in 1965. She began her lifelong career immediately, but went on to earn her Bachelors in Nursing from the University of Iowa.
Sharon enjoyed her nursing career for forty years in various roles at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. She had many patients that were very grateful for her compassionate care.
Sharon's first priority was always her large family. Most of all, her eleven grandchildren with whom she loved to spend time with, cheering them on in their various activities. She was always on the sidelines for their athletics or musical concerts and played a definitive and a loving role in their upbringing. She was thrilled to see the first grandchild get married, two weeks ago, despite her illness.
Sharon was very conscientious about protecting the environment through clean energy, recycling and supporting “green” organizations. Her parents taught her these values of conservation on the farm.
Sharon always had a dream of joining the Peace Corps and therefore a memorial fund has been established on her behalf: Peace Corps, Office of Gifts and Grants, 1111 20th Street NW, Washington DC, 20526
Sharon is survived by her four children: Alissa (Daryl) Schepanski of Anamosa, IA, Eric (Annette) Arbogast of Williamsburg, VA, Karl (Christine) Arbogast of Yuma, AZ, and Karen Bok (Jereme Sutton), North Liberty, IA. Her 11 grandchildren: Elizabeth (Austin) Goodsman, Jane and Wyatt Colony, Rachel, Kevin and Kyle Schepanski, Brittney and Allison Arbogast and Nicolaus, Benjamin and Heidi Arbogast; siblings: Don (Pat) Hass, Gene Meyer, Kate Stankee, Janelle (Scott) Weinberg, Jeanna Tendall (Harry Oberg) and Pamela Hass (Lee Hanson); and many nieces and nephews, cousins and extended family.
Sharon was preceded in death by her parents, Alfred and Inez (Warner) Hass; her sister, Delores Meyer; brother-in-law, Brent Stankee; and a son-in-law, Christopher Bok.
Sharon was dearly loved and will be greatly missed.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lensingfuneral.com.
Death date: March 14, 2013
IOWA CITY —
July 31, 1944 - March 14, 2013
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks