IOWA CITY —
July 31, 1944 - March 14, 2013
Sharon Sue (Hass) Arbogast, 68, of Iowa City, died peacefully in her home on Thursday, March 14, 2013. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. on Sunday, March 17, at Lensing Funeral Home, 605 Kirkwood Avenue, Iowa City. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Monday at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 123 E. Market Street, Iowa City.
Sharon was born July 31, 1944, and raised on a beloved family farm outside of Dixon, Iowa. She graduated from Wheatland High School in 1962 and pursued her childhood dream of becoming a nurse at the Moline Public School of Nursing where she obtained her registered nurse license in 1965. She began her lifelong career immediately, but went on to earn her Bachelors in Nursing from the University of Iowa.
Sharon enjoyed her nursing career for forty years in various roles at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. She had many patients that were very grateful for her compassionate care.
Sharon's first priority was always her large family. Most of all, her eleven grandchildren with whom she loved to spend time with, cheering them on in their various activities. She was always on the sidelines for their athletics or musical concerts and played a definitive and a loving role in their upbringing. She was thrilled to see the first grandchild get married, two weeks ago, despite her illness.
Sharon was very conscientious about protecting the environment through clean energy, recycling and supporting “green” organizations. Her parents taught her these values of conservation on the farm.
Sharon always had a dream of joining the Peace Corps and therefore a memorial fund has been established on her behalf: Peace Corps, Office of Gifts and Grants, 1111 20th Street NW, Washington DC, 20526
Sharon is survived by her four children: Alissa (Daryl) Schepanski of Anamosa, IA, Eric (Annette) Arbogast of Williamsburg, VA, Karl (Christine) Arbogast of Yuma, AZ, and Karen Bok (Jereme Sutton), North Liberty, IA. Her 11 grandchildren: Elizabeth (Austin) Goodsman, Jane and Wyatt Colony, Rachel, Kevin and Kyle Schepanski, Brittney and Allison Arbogast and Nicolaus, Benjamin and Heidi Arbogast; siblings: Don (Pat) Hass, Gene Meyer, Kate Stankee, Janelle (Scott) Weinberg, Jeanna Tendall (Harry Oberg) and Pamela Hass (Lee Hanson); and many nieces and nephews, cousins and extended family.
Sharon was preceded in death by her parents, Alfred and Inez (Warner) Hass; her sister, Delores Meyer; brother-in-law, Brent Stankee; and a son-in-law, Christopher Bok.
Sharon was dearly loved and will be greatly missed.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lensingfuneral.com.
Death date: March 14, 2013
IOWA CITY —
July 31, 1944 - March 14, 2013
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines