Jan. 2, 1933 - March 22, 2013
Services of celebration for David Foley will be at 10 a.m. Friday, March 22, 2013, at the First United Methodist Church, Clinton. The family will greet family and friends from 9 a.m. until the service hour Friday at the church. A luncheon will follow the service. The service will be conducted by Pastor Dennis Glew.
On Thursday, March 15, 2013, we lost our beloved David Foley. He fought the fight to be with us, but he passed away at Mercy Medical Center.
Dave was born on January 2, 1933, in Prairie du Chien, WI. His parents were George “Judd” Foley and Luella Kuchenbecker Foley.
He came to Clinton and worked at DuPont for 15 years and Lyondell for 30 years, retiring in 2000.
In 1950, he married Alyce Luthans Moreland. Their children were Michael Foley (deceased) and Karen Schipper Foley.
In 1984, he married his beloved wife, Bonnie Alcorn Foley. He has been a positive mentor and is a true friend to his stepson, Kurt Alcorn.
His granddaughter, Kelly Marie Monahan, who is now a doctor, he was very proud of her.
His brother James Foley and sister-in-law, Virginia from Keller, Texas. They are the most wonderful people on Earth; Dave was so proud of them. They are truly “Angels” from Texas. Additional survivors include a daughter-in-law, Shelly Schipper Foley of Clinton; brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Bill and Barbara Rowland of Cedar Rapids; sister-in-law, Joan Lawrence of Camanche; sister-in-law, Donnis Lawrence of Santa Fe, New Mexico; and sister-in-law, Peggy Lawrence of North Fort Myers, Florida; and nieces and nephews.
Last, but not least, he loved his two wonderful little companions, Max (deceased) and Sophie, his precious baby Yorkies.
He will be in our hearts. Forever.
Death date: March 22, 2013
Jan. 2, 1933 - March 22, 2013
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines