Jan. 2, 1933 - March 22, 2013
Services of celebration for David Foley will be at 10 a.m. Friday, March 22, 2013, at the First United Methodist Church, Clinton. The family will greet family and friends from 9 a.m. until the service hour Friday at the church. A luncheon will follow the service. The service will be conducted by Pastor Dennis Glew.
On Thursday, March 15, 2013, we lost our beloved David Foley. He fought the fight to be with us, but he passed away at Mercy Medical Center.
Dave was born on January 2, 1933, in Prairie du Chien, WI. His parents were George “Judd” Foley and Luella Kuchenbecker Foley.
He came to Clinton and worked at DuPont for 15 years and Lyondell for 30 years, retiring in 2000.
In 1950, he married Alyce Luthans Moreland. Their children were Michael Foley (deceased) and Karen Schipper Foley.
In 1984, he married his beloved wife, Bonnie Alcorn Foley. He has been a positive mentor and is a true friend to his stepson, Kurt Alcorn.
His granddaughter, Kelly Marie Monahan, who is now a doctor, he was very proud of her.
His brother James Foley and sister-in-law, Virginia from Keller, Texas. They are the most wonderful people on Earth; Dave was so proud of them. They are truly “Angels” from Texas. Additional survivors include a daughter-in-law, Shelly Schipper Foley of Clinton; brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Bill and Barbara Rowland of Cedar Rapids; sister-in-law, Joan Lawrence of Camanche; sister-in-law, Donnis Lawrence of Santa Fe, New Mexico; and sister-in-law, Peggy Lawrence of North Fort Myers, Florida; and nieces and nephews.
Last, but not least, he loved his two wonderful little companions, Max (deceased) and Sophie, his precious baby Yorkies.
He will be in our hearts. Forever.
Death date: March 22, 2013
Jan. 2, 1933 - March 22, 2013
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines