Nov. 8, 1955 - March 22, 2013
Gerald “Jerry” Matthew Hartung, age 57, of Preston, Iowa, died March 22, 2013, after a courageous battle with cancer at his home surrounded by his family.
A funeral Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Preston. Burial will take place in St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery, Preston. A visitation will be held from 3 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 26, 2013, at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Preston, with a Scripture wake service held at 7:30 p.m. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Jerry’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Jerry was born on November 8, 1955, the son of Joseph and Bernadine (Michel) Hartung in Clinton, Iowa. He attended Preston High School and graduated with the class of 1973. He married Susan Ames-Hornung on August 11, 1995.
Jerry farmed locally with his parents and his brother, Patrick. He also co-owned Hartung Feed and Grain since 2003 with his wife, Sue. He was a longtime member St. Joseph Catholic Church where he was active in the Knights of Columbus. Farming was in his soul and Jerry especially enjoyed custom chopping. Jerry enjoyed being outdoors, four-wheeling, riding his motorcycle and driving his blue Plymouth Duster. Jerry enjoyed playing basketball and baseball with his five children. Jerry enjoyed watching sports on television and attending his children’s sporting events and music concerts. He treasured spending time with his family and loved family vacations, especially trips to waterparks. Jerry was a hard working man and a good friend. He will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him.
Jerry will be dearly missed by his wife, Susan; one son, Michael; one daughter, Sara, three stepchildren, Lisa Hornung of Bettendorf, Iowa, Brian (Lydia) Hornung of Des Moines, Iowa, and Robbie (Vanessa) Hornung of Ankeny, Iowa; one grandson, Gabriel Hornung; one grandson on the way; his mother, Bernadine of Springbrook, Iowa; three brothers, Patrick (Rhonda) Hartung of Preston, Jeff (Kim) Hartung of Clinton, Iowa, and Philip Hartung of Iowa City, Iowa; five sisters, Kay (Larry) McGlamory of Houston, Texas, Sue (fiancé Bob Koons) Hartung of Goose Lake, Iowa, Jeanette (Dennis) Schroeder of Bellevue, Iowa, Jackie (Al) Tibbs of Alden, Iowa, and Paula (Larry) Ticknor of Waterloo, Iowa; in-laws, Francis (Patricia) Ames of East Dubuque, Illinois; two brothers-in-law, John (Gerri) Ames of Dallas, Texas, and Gary (Kathy) Ames of McDonough, Georgia; two sisters-in-law, Lynn Ames of East Dubuque and Laura (Kurt) Mechelke of Kirkwood, Missouri; and several nieces and nephews.
Jerry was preceded in death by his father, grandparents and a brother in infancy.
Death date: March 22, 2013
Nov. 8, 1955 - March 22, 2013
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks