LOW MOOR —
March 5, 1929 - March 6, 2013
Mr. Erwin C. Witt, 84, formerly of Low Moor, Iowa, died Wednesday morning, March 6, 2013, at Petersen Commons Assisted Living, Davenport, Iowa.
He was born Erwin Carl Witt, March 5, 1929, at Clinton, Iowa, to Carl and Selma (Behning) Witt. Erwin served in the Navy during the Korean era. He married Jane Johannsen, August 11, 1956, at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. The couple farmed in the Low Moor and Goose Lake, Iowa, areas. Erwin was also employed by the former Cargill Seed Plant at Low Moor for a number of years. His wife, Jane, preceded him in death on April 13, 1993. For the past 20 years, Erwin traveled to and later resided in Yuma, Arizona.
He was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church and the Low Moor Lions Club. Erwin enjoyed fishing, operating his own saw sharpening business and later in life, Ham Radio.
Surviving are his children, Tom Witt and his wife, Gail, of Goose Lake, and Joy Portz and her husband, Mike, of Miles, Iowa; grandchildren, Denise and Bryan Witt and Joey and Johnny Portz; a great-grandson, Dereck; a sister, Donna Witt of Maquoketa, Iowa; a special friend, Geraldine Thomas of Davenport.
In addition to his wife, Erwin was preceded in death by his parents; a sister, Virginia Strating; and brothers, Johnnie and Donald.
A private family service will be held and private interment and military rites will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Memorials are suggested to Low Moor Lions Club, Honor Flight of the Cities or the Disabled American Veterans transportation program.
Condolences may be expressed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Schultz Funeral Home of DeWitt is caring for the arrangements.
Death date: March 6, 2013
LOW MOOR —
March 5, 1929 - March 6, 2013
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- George A. Decker George A. Decker May 13, 1921 - Dec. 7, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Burial for George A. Decker, 92, a resident of Bettendorf, will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1506
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- More Obituaries Headlines