LOW MOOR —
March 5, 1929 - March 6, 2013
Mr. Erwin C. Witt, 84, formerly of Low Moor, Iowa, died Wednesday morning, March 6, 2013, at Petersen Commons Assisted Living, Davenport, Iowa.
He was born Erwin Carl Witt, March 5, 1929, at Clinton, Iowa, to Carl and Selma (Behning) Witt. Erwin served in the Navy during the Korean era. He married Jane Johannsen, August 11, 1956, at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. The couple farmed in the Low Moor and Goose Lake, Iowa, areas. Erwin was also employed by the former Cargill Seed Plant at Low Moor for a number of years. His wife, Jane, preceded him in death on April 13, 1993. For the past 20 years, Erwin traveled to and later resided in Yuma, Arizona.
He was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church and the Low Moor Lions Club. Erwin enjoyed fishing, operating his own saw sharpening business and later in life, Ham Radio.
Surviving are his children, Tom Witt and his wife, Gail, of Goose Lake, and Joy Portz and her husband, Mike, of Miles, Iowa; grandchildren, Denise and Bryan Witt and Joey and Johnny Portz; a great-grandson, Dereck; a sister, Donna Witt of Maquoketa, Iowa; a special friend, Geraldine Thomas of Davenport.
In addition to his wife, Erwin was preceded in death by his parents; a sister, Virginia Strating; and brothers, Johnnie and Donald.
A private family service will be held and private interment and military rites will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Memorials are suggested to Low Moor Lions Club, Honor Flight of the Cities or the Disabled American Veterans transportation program.
Condolences may be expressed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Schultz Funeral Home of DeWitt is caring for the arrangements.
Death date: March 6, 2013
LOW MOOR —
March 5, 1929 - March 6, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines