LOW MOOR —
March 5, 1929 - March 6, 2013
Mr. Erwin C. Witt, 84, formerly of Low Moor, Iowa, died Wednesday morning, March 6, 2013, at Petersen Commons Assisted Living, Davenport, Iowa.
He was born Erwin Carl Witt, March 5, 1929, at Clinton, Iowa, to Carl and Selma (Behning) Witt. Erwin served in the Navy during the Korean era. He married Jane Johannsen, August 11, 1956, at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. The couple farmed in the Low Moor and Goose Lake, Iowa, areas. Erwin was also employed by the former Cargill Seed Plant at Low Moor for a number of years. His wife, Jane, preceded him in death on April 13, 1993. For the past 20 years, Erwin traveled to and later resided in Yuma, Arizona.
He was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church and the Low Moor Lions Club. Erwin enjoyed fishing, operating his own saw sharpening business and later in life, Ham Radio.
Surviving are his children, Tom Witt and his wife, Gail, of Goose Lake, and Joy Portz and her husband, Mike, of Miles, Iowa; grandchildren, Denise and Bryan Witt and Joey and Johnny Portz; a great-grandson, Dereck; a sister, Donna Witt of Maquoketa, Iowa; a special friend, Geraldine Thomas of Davenport.
In addition to his wife, Erwin was preceded in death by his parents; a sister, Virginia Strating; and brothers, Johnnie and Donald.
A private family service will be held and private interment and military rites will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Memorials are suggested to Low Moor Lions Club, Honor Flight of the Cities or the Disabled American Veterans transportation program.
Condolences may be expressed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Schultz Funeral Home of DeWitt is caring for the arrangements.
Death date: March 6, 2013
LOW MOOR —
March 5, 1929 - March 6, 2013
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks