LOW MOOR —
March 5, 1929 - March 6, 2013
Mr. Erwin C. Witt, 84, formerly of Low Moor, Iowa, died Wednesday morning, March 6, 2013, at Petersen Commons Assisted Living, Davenport, Iowa.
He was born Erwin Carl Witt, March 5, 1929, at Clinton, Iowa, to Carl and Selma (Behning) Witt. Erwin served in the Navy during the Korean era. He married Jane Johannsen, August 11, 1956, at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. The couple farmed in the Low Moor and Goose Lake, Iowa, areas. Erwin was also employed by the former Cargill Seed Plant at Low Moor for a number of years. His wife, Jane, preceded him in death on April 13, 1993. For the past 20 years, Erwin traveled to and later resided in Yuma, Arizona.
He was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church and the Low Moor Lions Club. Erwin enjoyed fishing, operating his own saw sharpening business and later in life, Ham Radio.
Surviving are his children, Tom Witt and his wife, Gail, of Goose Lake, and Joy Portz and her husband, Mike, of Miles, Iowa; grandchildren, Denise and Bryan Witt and Joey and Johnny Portz; a great-grandson, Dereck; a sister, Donna Witt of Maquoketa, Iowa; a special friend, Geraldine Thomas of Davenport.
In addition to his wife, Erwin was preceded in death by his parents; a sister, Virginia Strating; and brothers, Johnnie and Donald.
A private family service will be held and private interment and military rites will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Memorials are suggested to Low Moor Lions Club, Honor Flight of the Cities or the Disabled American Veterans transportation program.
Condolences may be expressed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Schultz Funeral Home of DeWitt is caring for the arrangements.
Death date: March 6, 2013
LOW MOOR —
March 5, 1929 - March 6, 2013
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines