LOW MOOR —
March 5, 1929 - March 6, 2013
Mr. Erwin C. Witt, 84, formerly of Low Moor, Iowa, died Wednesday morning, March 6, 2013, at Petersen Commons Assisted Living, Davenport, Iowa.
He was born Erwin Carl Witt, March 5, 1929, at Clinton, Iowa, to Carl and Selma (Behning) Witt. Erwin served in the Navy during the Korean era. He married Jane Johannsen, August 11, 1956, at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. The couple farmed in the Low Moor and Goose Lake, Iowa, areas. Erwin was also employed by the former Cargill Seed Plant at Low Moor for a number of years. His wife, Jane, preceded him in death on April 13, 1993. For the past 20 years, Erwin traveled to and later resided in Yuma, Arizona.
He was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church and the Low Moor Lions Club. Erwin enjoyed fishing, operating his own saw sharpening business and later in life, Ham Radio.
Surviving are his children, Tom Witt and his wife, Gail, of Goose Lake, and Joy Portz and her husband, Mike, of Miles, Iowa; grandchildren, Denise and Bryan Witt and Joey and Johnny Portz; a great-grandson, Dereck; a sister, Donna Witt of Maquoketa, Iowa; a special friend, Geraldine Thomas of Davenport.
In addition to his wife, Erwin was preceded in death by his parents; a sister, Virginia Strating; and brothers, Johnnie and Donald.
A private family service will be held and private interment and military rites will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Memorials are suggested to Low Moor Lions Club, Honor Flight of the Cities or the Disabled American Veterans transportation program.
Condolences may be expressed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Schultz Funeral Home of DeWitt is caring for the arrangements.
Death date: March 6, 2013
LOW MOOR —
March 5, 1929 - March 6, 2013
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Robert J. Wolf Sr. Robert J. Wolf Sr. Sept. 26, 1935 - April 13, 2014 ELDRIDGE -- Funeral services and Mass of Christian Burial for Robert J. Wolf, Sr., 78, a resident of Eldridge, Iowa will be 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at Our Lady of the River Catholic Chur
- Sarena Dickey Weyeneth Sarena Dickey Weyeneth Jan. 13, 1923 - April 9, 2014 ROANOKE, Ill. -- Sarena Dickey Weyeneth, 91, formerly of Roanoke, Illinois, died peacefully in her sleep at the Robin Johnson Hospice House in Dallas, North Carolina at 9:29p.m. on Wednesday, April
- Dolores Mae Struve Dolores Mae Struve May 1, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Dolores Mae Struve, age 82, of Clinton, died Saturday Apr. 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, Apr. 16th, at St. Joh
- Virginia M. A. Petersen Virginia M. A. Petersen Oct. 27, 1910 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Virginia M. A. Petersen, 103, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the Alverno. Graveside Services will be 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- More Obituaries Headlines