Oct. 5, 1942 - March 12, 2013
Mary E. Spensley, 70, of Camanche, died Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North Campus, Clinton.
Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Friday, March 15, 2013, at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. The family will greet friends from 10 a.m. to the service time Friday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Mary Ellen Brogan was born on October 5, 1942, in Waseca, Minnesota, the daughter of John and Nellie (O’Brien) Brogan. She was a 1961 graduate of Lourdes High School, Rochester, Minnesota.
She was employed at Wyndcrest Nursing Home in housekeeping. She was also employed with PFC and General Electric. She enjoyed watching animals, especially the deer, and spending time with family and friends. She also enjoyed playing bingo and making ceramics. She belonged to a Birthday Club with 15 of her friends and was active in her church and helped teach Sunday school when she was younger.
She is survived by a daughter, Sue (Marvin) Lind of Camanche; two grandchildren: Amber Lind and Justin Lind of Camanche; her brother, John (Marcia) Brogan of Rochester, Minnesota; and a sister, Kathleen (Wesley) Johnson of Byron, Minnesota; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, one son in infancy and a nephew.
Memorials can be made for activities at Mercy Living Center North.
Death date: March 12, 2013
Oct. 5, 1942 - March 12, 2013
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines