GALENA, Ill. —
July 13, 1928 - March 13, 2013
Vernon C. Rosenbery, 84, passed away on Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at his home in Galena.
A visitation will be held at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Elizabeth, Ill., on Friday, March 15, from 4 to 7 p.m. A visitation and funeral service will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church in Clinton, Iowa, beginning at 1:30 p.m. with the burial to follow at Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Vernon was born on July 13, 1928, and raised on a 160-acre farm two miles south of Chadwick, Ill. He was a proud graduate of the University of Illinois, B.S. Civil Engineering, and began his career with a job at North American Aviation in Los Angeles, CA, designing fuselages for F-86 Saber fighter jets.
He returned to the Midwest to work for the Iowa DOT in Manchester, Iowa, where he met his future wife, Marilyn Guetzko, who he married in October 1956. He began working for Foley Construction in 1960 and later became sole owner. Throughout his life, Vernon loved to fish, play cards, pitch horseshoes and support Illini sports.
His memory will be cherished by his wife of 56 years, Marilyn, and 5 children: Brian (Ellen) of Malibu, CA; Sarah (Mark) Twedt, of Eagan, MN; Marcia (Dan) Berman of Sun Prairie, WI; Aaron (Joyce) of Lakeville, MN; Amy (Kristen) of Arlington, VA; and six grandchildren.
Vernon was preceded in death by his parents, Ben and Lucille; and by his brother, Orval, who perished aboard the USS Arizona on December 7, 1941.
The family offers their thanks to Hospice of Dubuque and 24-Hour Care of Galena for their outstanding services and compassionate care. Vernon will be deeply missed by his family and friends.
Death date: March 13, 2013
GALENA, Ill. —
July 13, 1928 - March 13, 2013
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines