July 25, 1925 - March 12, 2013
George C. Clausen, 87, of Clinton, died peacefully, March 12, 2013, at Mercy Living Center South, Clinton.
Private services will be held Saturday, March 16, 2013. Public visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home where a 7 p.m. Rose Croix service will be conducted. Burial will be in the Springdale Cemetery. Honorary pallbearers will be Bob Boegel, Dave Clizbe, Gail Mauck and Jack Reed.
George was born July 25, 1925, in Clinton, the son of J.C. and Agnes (Wulf) Clausen. He graduated from Clinton High School in 1943 and from the University of Iowa in 1948.
George married Beverly Hall on August 4, 1951, in Clinton, Iowa. He was confirmed a Lutheran and was an active member of St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church for many years.
George owned Clausen Hardware for many years.
George was a member and past president of Junior Chamber of Commerce; an over 50-year member of Western Star Lodge #100, Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies and KAABA Shrine. He was also a member and past president of the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce. He was a longtime member and past president of the Clinton Country Club and enjoyed playing golf and gin rummy with his special friends at the Club. George experienced three holes-in-one during his golfing years.
Survivors include his wife, Bev; son, Eric, of Clinton; grandsons, Hugh and Vaughn Clausen of Clinton; sister, Anna Marie Sink of Clinton; and nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, a grandson and his brother.
Memorials may be made to the Clinton Parkinson’s Group or Zion Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 23, 2013
July 25, 1925 - March 12, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines