July 25, 1925 - March 12, 2013
George C. Clausen, 87, of Clinton, died peacefully, March 12, 2013, at Mercy Living Center South, Clinton.
Private services will be held Saturday, March 16, 2013. Public visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home where a 7 p.m. Rose Croix service will be conducted. Burial will be in the Springdale Cemetery. Honorary pallbearers will be Bob Boegel, Dave Clizbe, Gail Mauck and Jack Reed.
George was born July 25, 1925, in Clinton, the son of J.C. and Agnes (Wulf) Clausen. He graduated from Clinton High School in 1943 and from the University of Iowa in 1948.
George married Beverly Hall on August 4, 1951, in Clinton, Iowa. He was confirmed a Lutheran and was an active member of St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church for many years.
George owned Clausen Hardware for many years.
George was a member and past president of Junior Chamber of Commerce; an over 50-year member of Western Star Lodge #100, Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies and KAABA Shrine. He was also a member and past president of the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce. He was a longtime member and past president of the Clinton Country Club and enjoyed playing golf and gin rummy with his special friends at the Club. George experienced three holes-in-one during his golfing years.
Survivors include his wife, Bev; son, Eric, of Clinton; grandsons, Hugh and Vaughn Clausen of Clinton; sister, Anna Marie Sink of Clinton; and nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, a grandson and his brother.
Memorials may be made to the Clinton Parkinson’s Group or Zion Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 23, 2013
July 25, 1925 - March 12, 2013
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines