July 25, 1925 - March 12, 2013
George C. Clausen, 87, of Clinton, died peacefully, March 12, 2013, at Mercy Living Center South, Clinton.
Private services will be held Saturday, March 16, 2013. Public visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home where a 7 p.m. Rose Croix service will be conducted. Burial will be in the Springdale Cemetery. Honorary pallbearers will be Bob Boegel, Dave Clizbe, Gail Mauck and Jack Reed.
George was born July 25, 1925, in Clinton, the son of J.C. and Agnes (Wulf) Clausen. He graduated from Clinton High School in 1943 and from the University of Iowa in 1948.
George married Beverly Hall on August 4, 1951, in Clinton, Iowa. He was confirmed a Lutheran and was an active member of St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church for many years.
George owned Clausen Hardware for many years.
George was a member and past president of Junior Chamber of Commerce; an over 50-year member of Western Star Lodge #100, Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies and KAABA Shrine. He was also a member and past president of the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce. He was a longtime member and past president of the Clinton Country Club and enjoyed playing golf and gin rummy with his special friends at the Club. George experienced three holes-in-one during his golfing years.
Survivors include his wife, Bev; son, Eric, of Clinton; grandsons, Hugh and Vaughn Clausen of Clinton; sister, Anna Marie Sink of Clinton; and nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, a grandson and his brother.
Memorials may be made to the Clinton Parkinson’s Group or Zion Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 23, 2013
July 25, 1925 - March 12, 2013
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines