July 25, 1925 - March 12, 2013
George C. Clausen, 87, of Clinton, died peacefully, March 12, 2013, at Mercy Living Center South, Clinton.
Private services will be held Saturday, March 16, 2013. Public visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home where a 7 p.m. Rose Croix service will be conducted. Burial will be in the Springdale Cemetery. Honorary pallbearers will be Bob Boegel, Dave Clizbe, Gail Mauck and Jack Reed.
George was born July 25, 1925, in Clinton, the son of J.C. and Agnes (Wulf) Clausen. He graduated from Clinton High School in 1943 and from the University of Iowa in 1948.
George married Beverly Hall on August 4, 1951, in Clinton, Iowa. He was confirmed a Lutheran and was an active member of St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church for many years.
George owned Clausen Hardware for many years.
George was a member and past president of Junior Chamber of Commerce; an over 50-year member of Western Star Lodge #100, Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies and KAABA Shrine. He was also a member and past president of the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce. He was a longtime member and past president of the Clinton Country Club and enjoyed playing golf and gin rummy with his special friends at the Club. George experienced three holes-in-one during his golfing years.
Survivors include his wife, Bev; son, Eric, of Clinton; grandsons, Hugh and Vaughn Clausen of Clinton; sister, Anna Marie Sink of Clinton; and nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, a grandson and his brother.
Memorials may be made to the Clinton Parkinson’s Group or Zion Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 23, 2013
July 25, 1925 - March 12, 2013
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- More Obituaries Headlines