Jan. 21, 1937 - Oct. 4, 2012
Shirley J. Riordan, age 75, of Monmouth, Iowa, died on Thursday, October 4, 2012, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. Sunday, October 7, 2012, at the Miller-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston, Iowa. A graveside service will be held in the Evergreen Cemetery, Sabula, Iowa, immediately following the visitation. A memorial fund has been established in Shirley’s memory. Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Shirley was born on January 21, 1937, the daughter of Henri and Mildred (Taylor) Moellenhof in Preston, Iowa. She was raised in Preston and attended Preston schools. She married John J. Riordan on May 4, 1968, in Maquoketa, Iowa.
Shirley was previously employed by Stophers Incorporated and Clinton Engines in Maquoketa, Iowa. She most recently worked at Products Unlimited in Sabula, Iowa. Shirley enjoyed the outdoors, especially fishing and driving country roads looking for deer. She also enjoyed gambling and shopping for her grandchildren. Most of all, Shirley loved spending time with her family.
Shirley will be dearly missed by her husband, John, of Monmouth, Iowa; three children, Dean (Leslee Kriegell) Riordan of Monmouth, Iowa, Mary (Terry) Brooks of Maquoketa and Lorna (Gregg) O’Bryant of Sabula, Iowa; three stepchildren, Tolly (Pam) Howell of Maquoketa, Wendy (Marty) Walch of Maquoketa and Kevin Riordan of Prophetstown, Illinois; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren; and one sister, Evelyn (Larry) Tubbs of Maquoketa.
Shirley was preceded in death by her parents; one son, Shawn Riordan; one daughter, Laurie Kay Ralston; two grandsons, Jason Henak and Gregg T. O’Bryant Jr.; three brothers, Wade Taylor, Roger Moellenhof and Alvin Moellenhof; and one daughter-in-law, Tammy Ricklefs.
Death date: Oct. 4, 2012
Jan. 21, 1937 - Oct. 4, 2012
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines