Jan. 21, 1937 - Oct. 4, 2012
Shirley J. Riordan, age 75, of Monmouth, Iowa, died on Thursday, October 4, 2012, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. Sunday, October 7, 2012, at the Miller-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston, Iowa. A graveside service will be held in the Evergreen Cemetery, Sabula, Iowa, immediately following the visitation. A memorial fund has been established in Shirley’s memory. Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Shirley was born on January 21, 1937, the daughter of Henri and Mildred (Taylor) Moellenhof in Preston, Iowa. She was raised in Preston and attended Preston schools. She married John J. Riordan on May 4, 1968, in Maquoketa, Iowa.
Shirley was previously employed by Stophers Incorporated and Clinton Engines in Maquoketa, Iowa. She most recently worked at Products Unlimited in Sabula, Iowa. Shirley enjoyed the outdoors, especially fishing and driving country roads looking for deer. She also enjoyed gambling and shopping for her grandchildren. Most of all, Shirley loved spending time with her family.
Shirley will be dearly missed by her husband, John, of Monmouth, Iowa; three children, Dean (Leslee Kriegell) Riordan of Monmouth, Iowa, Mary (Terry) Brooks of Maquoketa and Lorna (Gregg) O’Bryant of Sabula, Iowa; three stepchildren, Tolly (Pam) Howell of Maquoketa, Wendy (Marty) Walch of Maquoketa and Kevin Riordan of Prophetstown, Illinois; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren; and one sister, Evelyn (Larry) Tubbs of Maquoketa.
Shirley was preceded in death by her parents; one son, Shawn Riordan; one daughter, Laurie Kay Ralston; two grandsons, Jason Henak and Gregg T. O’Bryant Jr.; three brothers, Wade Taylor, Roger Moellenhof and Alvin Moellenhof; and one daughter-in-law, Tammy Ricklefs.
Death date: Oct. 4, 2012
Jan. 21, 1937 - Oct. 4, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines