Jan. 21, 1937 - Oct. 4, 2012
Shirley J. Riordan, age 75, of Monmouth, Iowa, died on Thursday, October 4, 2012, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. Sunday, October 7, 2012, at the Miller-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston, Iowa. A graveside service will be held in the Evergreen Cemetery, Sabula, Iowa, immediately following the visitation. A memorial fund has been established in Shirley’s memory. Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Shirley was born on January 21, 1937, the daughter of Henri and Mildred (Taylor) Moellenhof in Preston, Iowa. She was raised in Preston and attended Preston schools. She married John J. Riordan on May 4, 1968, in Maquoketa, Iowa.
Shirley was previously employed by Stophers Incorporated and Clinton Engines in Maquoketa, Iowa. She most recently worked at Products Unlimited in Sabula, Iowa. Shirley enjoyed the outdoors, especially fishing and driving country roads looking for deer. She also enjoyed gambling and shopping for her grandchildren. Most of all, Shirley loved spending time with her family.
Shirley will be dearly missed by her husband, John, of Monmouth, Iowa; three children, Dean (Leslee Kriegell) Riordan of Monmouth, Iowa, Mary (Terry) Brooks of Maquoketa and Lorna (Gregg) O’Bryant of Sabula, Iowa; three stepchildren, Tolly (Pam) Howell of Maquoketa, Wendy (Marty) Walch of Maquoketa and Kevin Riordan of Prophetstown, Illinois; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren; and one sister, Evelyn (Larry) Tubbs of Maquoketa.
Shirley was preceded in death by her parents; one son, Shawn Riordan; one daughter, Laurie Kay Ralston; two grandsons, Jason Henak and Gregg T. O’Bryant Jr.; three brothers, Wade Taylor, Roger Moellenhof and Alvin Moellenhof; and one daughter-in-law, Tammy Ricklefs.
Death date: Oct. 4, 2012
Jan. 21, 1937 - Oct. 4, 2012
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines