Dec. 27, 1921 - Oct. 7, 2012
Maxine Totten, 90, of Clinton, died Sunday, October 7, 2012, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, October 10, 2012, at First United Methodist Church, Clinton. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Greg Totten, Garrett Totten, David Maul, Daniel Maul, Steven Maul and Steven Determan. Visitation will be Tuesday from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Maxine Helferich was born on December 27, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Lenis and Ada (Mann) Helferich. She married John P. Totten on April 13, 1941, in Clinton; he died March 20, 2002.
Maxine was a 1940 graduate of Clinton High School. She was a homemaker.
Maxine was a member of the First United Methodist Church, Clinton, and enjoyed taking bus trips. She also enjoyed spending time with her friends at Sarah Harding and the Alverno.
Maxine is survived by one son, John (Cindy) Totten of Clinton; four daughters, Janice Determan of Henderson, Nevada, Jane (Richard) Krongard of Vienna, West Virginia, Brenda (Kent) Lewis of Denver, Colorado, and Barb (Kevin) Chase of Clinton; 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
Maxine was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, seven brothers and three sisters.
In lieu of flowers memorials can be made to Sarah Harding or the Alverno.
Death date: Oct. 7, 2012
Dec. 27, 1921 - Oct. 7, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines