Dec. 27, 1921 - Oct. 7, 2012
Maxine Totten, 90, of Clinton, died Sunday, October 7, 2012, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, October 10, 2012, at First United Methodist Church, Clinton. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Greg Totten, Garrett Totten, David Maul, Daniel Maul, Steven Maul and Steven Determan. Visitation will be Tuesday from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Maxine Helferich was born on December 27, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Lenis and Ada (Mann) Helferich. She married John P. Totten on April 13, 1941, in Clinton; he died March 20, 2002.
Maxine was a 1940 graduate of Clinton High School. She was a homemaker.
Maxine was a member of the First United Methodist Church, Clinton, and enjoyed taking bus trips. She also enjoyed spending time with her friends at Sarah Harding and the Alverno.
Maxine is survived by one son, John (Cindy) Totten of Clinton; four daughters, Janice Determan of Henderson, Nevada, Jane (Richard) Krongard of Vienna, West Virginia, Brenda (Kent) Lewis of Denver, Colorado, and Barb (Kevin) Chase of Clinton; 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
Maxine was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, seven brothers and three sisters.
In lieu of flowers memorials can be made to Sarah Harding or the Alverno.
Death date: Oct. 7, 2012
Dec. 27, 1921 - Oct. 7, 2012
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines