Dec. 27, 1921 - Oct. 7, 2012
Maxine Totten, 90, of Clinton, died Sunday, October 7, 2012, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, October 10, 2012, at First United Methodist Church, Clinton. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Greg Totten, Garrett Totten, David Maul, Daniel Maul, Steven Maul and Steven Determan. Visitation will be Tuesday from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Maxine Helferich was born on December 27, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Lenis and Ada (Mann) Helferich. She married John P. Totten on April 13, 1941, in Clinton; he died March 20, 2002.
Maxine was a 1940 graduate of Clinton High School. She was a homemaker.
Maxine was a member of the First United Methodist Church, Clinton, and enjoyed taking bus trips. She also enjoyed spending time with her friends at Sarah Harding and the Alverno.
Maxine is survived by one son, John (Cindy) Totten of Clinton; four daughters, Janice Determan of Henderson, Nevada, Jane (Richard) Krongard of Vienna, West Virginia, Brenda (Kent) Lewis of Denver, Colorado, and Barb (Kevin) Chase of Clinton; 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
Maxine was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, seven brothers and three sisters.
In lieu of flowers memorials can be made to Sarah Harding or the Alverno.
Death date: Oct. 7, 2012
Dec. 27, 1921 - Oct. 7, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines