Dec. 27, 1921 - Oct. 7, 2012
Maxine Totten, 90, of Clinton, died Sunday, October 7, 2012, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, October 10, 2012, at First United Methodist Church, Clinton. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Greg Totten, Garrett Totten, David Maul, Daniel Maul, Steven Maul and Steven Determan. Visitation will be Tuesday from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Maxine Helferich was born on December 27, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Lenis and Ada (Mann) Helferich. She married John P. Totten on April 13, 1941, in Clinton; he died March 20, 2002.
Maxine was a 1940 graduate of Clinton High School. She was a homemaker.
Maxine was a member of the First United Methodist Church, Clinton, and enjoyed taking bus trips. She also enjoyed spending time with her friends at Sarah Harding and the Alverno.
Maxine is survived by one son, John (Cindy) Totten of Clinton; four daughters, Janice Determan of Henderson, Nevada, Jane (Richard) Krongard of Vienna, West Virginia, Brenda (Kent) Lewis of Denver, Colorado, and Barb (Kevin) Chase of Clinton; 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
Maxine was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, seven brothers and three sisters.
In lieu of flowers memorials can be made to Sarah Harding or the Alverno.
Death date: Oct. 7, 2012
Dec. 27, 1921 - Oct. 7, 2012
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- Mary Anne Knox Mary Anne Knox May 26, 1928 - Dec. 2, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Anne Knox, 85, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on December 2, 2013. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 7 at the Greater True Love Baptis
- Dorothy M. Schaver Dorothy M. Schaver Oct. 4, 1927 - Dec. 3, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Dorothy M. Schaver, 86, of Fulton, died Tuesday, December 3, 2013, at her home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, December 7, 2013, at the Trinity Reformed Church i
- Glen Whiting Glen Whiting Aug. 17, 1931 - Dec. 2, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Glen Whiting lived his life to care for his family, friends and country. He put them first, adhereing to the motto of his 2nd Infantry Battalion in Korea, "Second to None". At the age of 82,
- Zachary 'Zac' T. Isenhart CHADWICK, Ill. -- Zachary "Zac" T. Isenhart, 25, of Chadwick, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of life gathering will be held from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013 at the C
- Mickey Joe Hahn Mickey Joe Hahn April 16, 1950 - Dec. 2, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. - Mickey Joe Hahn, 63 of Morrison died Monday December 2, 2013 at Morrison Community Hospital. He was born on April 16, 1950 in Sterling, the son of Leonard and Mary (Miller) Hahn and was
- Jeane A. Housenga Jeane A. Housenga Dec. 20, 1935 - Nov. 23, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Jeane A. Housenga, 77, of Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, died Saturday, Nov. 23, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held
- Carl Huffman Maquoketa Carl Huffman Carl Huffman, 75, of Maqoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines