Dec. 27, 1921 - Oct. 7, 2012
Maxine Totten, 90, of Clinton, died Sunday, October 7, 2012, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, October 10, 2012, at First United Methodist Church, Clinton. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Greg Totten, Garrett Totten, David Maul, Daniel Maul, Steven Maul and Steven Determan. Visitation will be Tuesday from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Maxine Helferich was born on December 27, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Lenis and Ada (Mann) Helferich. She married John P. Totten on April 13, 1941, in Clinton; he died March 20, 2002.
Maxine was a 1940 graduate of Clinton High School. She was a homemaker.
Maxine was a member of the First United Methodist Church, Clinton, and enjoyed taking bus trips. She also enjoyed spending time with her friends at Sarah Harding and the Alverno.
Maxine is survived by one son, John (Cindy) Totten of Clinton; four daughters, Janice Determan of Henderson, Nevada, Jane (Richard) Krongard of Vienna, West Virginia, Brenda (Kent) Lewis of Denver, Colorado, and Barb (Kevin) Chase of Clinton; 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
Maxine was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, seven brothers and three sisters.
In lieu of flowers memorials can be made to Sarah Harding or the Alverno.
Death date: Oct. 7, 2012
Dec. 27, 1921 - Oct. 7, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines