Sept. 11, 1919 - Feb. 22, 2013
Pearl R. Fish, age 93, of Clinton, passed away Friday, February 22, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North.
In following Pearl’s wishes cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 28, 2013 at the Community Congregational Church, UCC. A Memorial Service will begin at 11:00 a.m. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. In lieu of flowers the family request memorials made to the Community Congregational Church. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Pearl was born in Morrisville, Jo Davies County, IL on September 11, 1919, the daughter of Will Carlton and Sarah Myrtle (Bohm) Robinson. She married Fred Fish on December 29, 1950 in Clinton. Fred passed away on November 5, 1994. Pearl had worked with Fowler Bruce Development Center for special needs children and had provided child care at her home. She was a very active member of Community Congregational Church with involvement in women’s Fellowship and as Superintendent and teacher in the Sunday School program. She was a member of XYZ Fellowship and had served as secretary of Church Women’s United. Pearl had been a co-leader of a girl scout troop, and for four years, a day camp counselor, a member of the Horace Mann PTA, and a former member of the Red Hat Society.
Pearl is survived by three daughters; Deanna Galbraith and Charlene Speakman both of Clinton and Margaret “Peggy” (Paul) Matlin of Salt Lake City; one daughter-in-law, Judy Sirkis of Phoenix; nine grandchildren; six great grandchildren; three great-great grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; three step-great grandchildren; one brother, Dean Robinson of Thomson; one sister-in-law, Rose Robinson of Franklin, TN; and many loving nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one son Barry; one daughter-in-law Carolyn Cherry Fish; one son-in-law, Mike Galbraith; three sisters, Marjorie Eubanks, Frances Lego and Marsha Griffith and one brother, Richard Robinson. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Feb. 22, 2013
Sept. 11, 1919 - Feb. 22, 2013
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines