Sept. 11, 1919 - Feb. 22, 2013
Pearl R. Fish, age 93, of Clinton, passed away Friday, February 22, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North.
In following Pearl’s wishes cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 28, 2013 at the Community Congregational Church, UCC. A Memorial Service will begin at 11:00 a.m. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. In lieu of flowers the family request memorials made to the Community Congregational Church. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Pearl was born in Morrisville, Jo Davies County, IL on September 11, 1919, the daughter of Will Carlton and Sarah Myrtle (Bohm) Robinson. She married Fred Fish on December 29, 1950 in Clinton. Fred passed away on November 5, 1994. Pearl had worked with Fowler Bruce Development Center for special needs children and had provided child care at her home. She was a very active member of Community Congregational Church with involvement in women’s Fellowship and as Superintendent and teacher in the Sunday School program. She was a member of XYZ Fellowship and had served as secretary of Church Women’s United. Pearl had been a co-leader of a girl scout troop, and for four years, a day camp counselor, a member of the Horace Mann PTA, and a former member of the Red Hat Society.
Pearl is survived by three daughters; Deanna Galbraith and Charlene Speakman both of Clinton and Margaret “Peggy” (Paul) Matlin of Salt Lake City; one daughter-in-law, Judy Sirkis of Phoenix; nine grandchildren; six great grandchildren; three great-great grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; three step-great grandchildren; one brother, Dean Robinson of Thomson; one sister-in-law, Rose Robinson of Franklin, TN; and many loving nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one son Barry; one daughter-in-law Carolyn Cherry Fish; one son-in-law, Mike Galbraith; three sisters, Marjorie Eubanks, Frances Lego and Marsha Griffith and one brother, Richard Robinson. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Feb. 22, 2013
Sept. 11, 1919 - Feb. 22, 2013
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines