Sept. 11, 1919 - Feb. 22, 2013
Pearl R. Fish, age 93, of Clinton, passed away Friday, February 22, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North.
In following Pearl’s wishes cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 28, 2013 at the Community Congregational Church, UCC. A Memorial Service will begin at 11:00 a.m. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. In lieu of flowers the family request memorials made to the Community Congregational Church. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Pearl was born in Morrisville, Jo Davies County, IL on September 11, 1919, the daughter of Will Carlton and Sarah Myrtle (Bohm) Robinson. She married Fred Fish on December 29, 1950 in Clinton. Fred passed away on November 5, 1994. Pearl had worked with Fowler Bruce Development Center for special needs children and had provided child care at her home. She was a very active member of Community Congregational Church with involvement in women’s Fellowship and as Superintendent and teacher in the Sunday School program. She was a member of XYZ Fellowship and had served as secretary of Church Women’s United. Pearl had been a co-leader of a girl scout troop, and for four years, a day camp counselor, a member of the Horace Mann PTA, and a former member of the Red Hat Society.
Pearl is survived by three daughters; Deanna Galbraith and Charlene Speakman both of Clinton and Margaret “Peggy” (Paul) Matlin of Salt Lake City; one daughter-in-law, Judy Sirkis of Phoenix; nine grandchildren; six great grandchildren; three great-great grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; three step-great grandchildren; one brother, Dean Robinson of Thomson; one sister-in-law, Rose Robinson of Franklin, TN; and many loving nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one son Barry; one daughter-in-law Carolyn Cherry Fish; one son-in-law, Mike Galbraith; three sisters, Marjorie Eubanks, Frances Lego and Marsha Griffith and one brother, Richard Robinson. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Feb. 22, 2013
Sept. 11, 1919 - Feb. 22, 2013
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines