Sept. 11, 1919 - Feb. 22, 2013
Pearl R. Fish, age 93, of Clinton, passed away Friday, February 22, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North.
In following Pearl’s wishes cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 28, 2013 at the Community Congregational Church, UCC. A Memorial Service will begin at 11:00 a.m. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. In lieu of flowers the family request memorials made to the Community Congregational Church. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Pearl was born in Morrisville, Jo Davies County, IL on September 11, 1919, the daughter of Will Carlton and Sarah Myrtle (Bohm) Robinson. She married Fred Fish on December 29, 1950 in Clinton. Fred passed away on November 5, 1994. Pearl had worked with Fowler Bruce Development Center for special needs children and had provided child care at her home. She was a very active member of Community Congregational Church with involvement in women’s Fellowship and as Superintendent and teacher in the Sunday School program. She was a member of XYZ Fellowship and had served as secretary of Church Women’s United. Pearl had been a co-leader of a girl scout troop, and for four years, a day camp counselor, a member of the Horace Mann PTA, and a former member of the Red Hat Society.
Pearl is survived by three daughters; Deanna Galbraith and Charlene Speakman both of Clinton and Margaret “Peggy” (Paul) Matlin of Salt Lake City; one daughter-in-law, Judy Sirkis of Phoenix; nine grandchildren; six great grandchildren; three great-great grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; three step-great grandchildren; one brother, Dean Robinson of Thomson; one sister-in-law, Rose Robinson of Franklin, TN; and many loving nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one son Barry; one daughter-in-law Carolyn Cherry Fish; one son-in-law, Mike Galbraith; three sisters, Marjorie Eubanks, Frances Lego and Marsha Griffith and one brother, Richard Robinson. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Feb. 22, 2013
Sept. 11, 1919 - Feb. 22, 2013
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- Mary Anne Knox Mary Anne Knox May 26, 1928 - Dec. 2, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Anne Knox, 85, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on December 2, 2013. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 7 at the Greater True Love Baptis
- Dorothy M. Schaver Dorothy M. Schaver Oct. 4, 1927 - Dec. 3, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Dorothy M. Schaver, 86, of Fulton, died Tuesday, December 3, 2013, at her home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, December 7, 2013, at the Trinity Reformed Church i
- Glen Whiting Glen Whiting Aug. 17, 1931 - Dec. 2, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Glen Whiting lived his life to care for his family, friends and country. He put them first, adhereing to the motto of his 2nd Infantry Battalion in Korea, "Second to None". At the age of 82,
- Zachary 'Zac' T. Isenhart CHADWICK, Ill. -- Zachary "Zac" T. Isenhart, 25, of Chadwick, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of life gathering will be held from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013 at the C
- Mickey Joe Hahn Mickey Joe Hahn April 16, 1950 - Dec. 2, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. - Mickey Joe Hahn, 63 of Morrison died Monday December 2, 2013 at Morrison Community Hospital. He was born on April 16, 1950 in Sterling, the son of Leonard and Mary (Miller) Hahn and was
- Jeane A. Housenga Jeane A. Housenga Dec. 20, 1935 - Nov. 23, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Jeane A. Housenga, 77, of Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, died Saturday, Nov. 23, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held
- Carl Huffman Maquoketa Carl Huffman Carl Huffman, 75, of Maqoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines