FULTON, Ill. —
June 25, 1923 - Aug. 11, 2012
Theodore M. “Ted” Kozyra, 89, of Fulton, died Saturday, August 11, 2012, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home, Fulton.
A funeral Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Fulton, with the Rev. Father David Austin, pastor of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton, and the Rev. Father Allen Jakubowski, pastor of the Tri Parishes — St. Mary’s – Durward, Wis.; Holy Rosary, Lima, Wis., and Sacred Heart, Mondovi, Wis.
Visitation will be from 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Immaculate Conception Church Catholic Church, Fulton, and Mass donations.
He was born June 25, 1923, in Chicago to Frank and Antoinette (Urbanska) Kozyra.
Ted was a graduate of Harrison High School in Chicago and attended Triton Community College in Chicago.
He married Bette J. Chase on April 22, 1950, in Chicago; she died January 20, 2011.
Ted was a veteran of World War II serving in the U.S. Army.
Ted was employed by the American Telephone and Telegraph Company in Chicago for 42 years as a program planner.
Ted was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Fulton. He served as a Scout master for Boy Scouts of America Troop 67 and a Little League coach in Chicago. Ted was a member of a local dance band and the Chicago Musician’s Union Local 10. He enjoyed model railroading.
Survivors include one sister, Mathilda Jakubowski of Downers Grove; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Bette; one son, Michael Kozyra; one sister, Florence Fik; and one brother, Max Kozyra.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
June 25, 1923 - Aug. 11, 2012
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- More Obituaries Headlines