FULTON, Ill. —
June 25, 1923 - Aug. 11, 2012
Theodore M. “Ted” Kozyra, 89, of Fulton, died Saturday, August 11, 2012, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home, Fulton.
A funeral Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Fulton, with the Rev. Father David Austin, pastor of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton, and the Rev. Father Allen Jakubowski, pastor of the Tri Parishes — St. Mary’s – Durward, Wis.; Holy Rosary, Lima, Wis., and Sacred Heart, Mondovi, Wis.
Visitation will be from 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Immaculate Conception Church Catholic Church, Fulton, and Mass donations.
He was born June 25, 1923, in Chicago to Frank and Antoinette (Urbanska) Kozyra.
Ted was a graduate of Harrison High School in Chicago and attended Triton Community College in Chicago.
He married Bette J. Chase on April 22, 1950, in Chicago; she died January 20, 2011.
Ted was a veteran of World War II serving in the U.S. Army.
Ted was employed by the American Telephone and Telegraph Company in Chicago for 42 years as a program planner.
Ted was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Fulton. He served as a Scout master for Boy Scouts of America Troop 67 and a Little League coach in Chicago. Ted was a member of a local dance band and the Chicago Musician’s Union Local 10. He enjoyed model railroading.
Survivors include one sister, Mathilda Jakubowski of Downers Grove; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Bette; one son, Michael Kozyra; one sister, Florence Fik; and one brother, Max Kozyra.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
June 25, 1923 - Aug. 11, 2012
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- Mary Anne Knox Mary Anne Knox May 26, 1928 - Dec. 2, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Anne Knox, 85, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on December 2, 2013. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 7 at the Greater True Love Baptis
- Dorothy M. Schaver Dorothy M. Schaver Oct. 4, 1927 - Dec. 3, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Dorothy M. Schaver, 86, of Fulton, died Tuesday, December 3, 2013, at her home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, December 7, 2013, at the Trinity Reformed Church i
- Glen Whiting Glen Whiting Aug. 17, 1931 - Dec. 2, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Glen Whiting lived his life to care for his family, friends and country. He put them first, adhereing to the motto of his 2nd Infantry Battalion in Korea, "Second to None". At the age of 82,
- Zachary 'Zac' T. Isenhart CHADWICK, Ill. -- Zachary "Zac" T. Isenhart, 25, of Chadwick, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of life gathering will be held from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013 at the C
- Mickey Joe Hahn Mickey Joe Hahn April 16, 1950 - Dec. 2, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. - Mickey Joe Hahn, 63 of Morrison died Monday December 2, 2013 at Morrison Community Hospital. He was born on April 16, 1950 in Sterling, the son of Leonard and Mary (Miller) Hahn and was
- Jeane A. Housenga Jeane A. Housenga Dec. 20, 1935 - Nov. 23, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Jeane A. Housenga, 77, of Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, died Saturday, Nov. 23, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held
- Carl Huffman Maquoketa Carl Huffman Carl Huffman, 75, of Maqoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines