April 4, 1930 - August 11, 2012
Dale Clair Mueller, 82, died Saturday, August 11, 2012, in his Monticello area farm home with family by his side following a brief illness.
Funeral services will be held 11 a.m. Thursday morning, August 16, 2012, at the Wayne Zion Lutheran Church rural Monticello with interment in the Wayne Zion Cemetery with military honors. Pastor Ellery Dykeman will officiate at the services. Friends may call from 4 until 7 Wednesday at the Goettsch Funeral Home, Monticello. Thoughts, memories and condolences may be left at www.goettschonline.com.
Dale is survived by his wife; son, Marlon (Nancy), West Des Moines; daughter Mareda Pierce, Monticello; and three grandsons, Jacob and Andrew Mueller and Joshua Pierce; and two sisters, Dolores (Richard) Johnson, Calamus and Beverly (Melvin) Ilg, DeWitt.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a grandson David Michael Mueller.
Dale was born April 4, 1930, near Calamus, Iowa, the son of the late Clarence and Edith (Smith) Mueller. He attended Calamus School and began farming at age 16 with his Uncle Alvin Smith near Grand Mound. Then in 1963 he moved to Monticello to a family farm in Wayne Township, Jones County. Dale married Maldean Dirks on June 23, 1956, at Wayne Zion Lutheran Church, rural Monticello.
He was a veteran of the Korean War, VFW member, honorary FFA member and served as treasurer of Jones County Extension Council, a 4-H leader of Wayne Wranglers, member of the MVMPA Ag Board, Chairman of Jones County ASCS where he served many capacities from 1968-87.
Dale was a member of the Wayne Zion Lutheran Church where he served as Youth Leader, Council Member, President and for the last many years he managed the cemetery.
A memorial fund has been established.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
April 4, 1930 - August 11, 2012
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines