April 4, 1930 - August 11, 2012
Dale Clair Mueller, 82, died Saturday, August 11, 2012, in his Monticello area farm home with family by his side following a brief illness.
Funeral services will be held 11 a.m. Thursday morning, August 16, 2012, at the Wayne Zion Lutheran Church rural Monticello with interment in the Wayne Zion Cemetery with military honors. Pastor Ellery Dykeman will officiate at the services. Friends may call from 4 until 7 Wednesday at the Goettsch Funeral Home, Monticello. Thoughts, memories and condolences may be left at www.goettschonline.com.
Dale is survived by his wife; son, Marlon (Nancy), West Des Moines; daughter Mareda Pierce, Monticello; and three grandsons, Jacob and Andrew Mueller and Joshua Pierce; and two sisters, Dolores (Richard) Johnson, Calamus and Beverly (Melvin) Ilg, DeWitt.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a grandson David Michael Mueller.
Dale was born April 4, 1930, near Calamus, Iowa, the son of the late Clarence and Edith (Smith) Mueller. He attended Calamus School and began farming at age 16 with his Uncle Alvin Smith near Grand Mound. Then in 1963 he moved to Monticello to a family farm in Wayne Township, Jones County. Dale married Maldean Dirks on June 23, 1956, at Wayne Zion Lutheran Church, rural Monticello.
He was a veteran of the Korean War, VFW member, honorary FFA member and served as treasurer of Jones County Extension Council, a 4-H leader of Wayne Wranglers, member of the MVMPA Ag Board, Chairman of Jones County ASCS where he served many capacities from 1968-87.
Dale was a member of the Wayne Zion Lutheran Church where he served as Youth Leader, Council Member, President and for the last many years he managed the cemetery.
A memorial fund has been established.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
April 4, 1930 - August 11, 2012
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines