Morrison, Ill. —
Marvin C. Tervelt
Jan. 29, 1917-Oct. 10, 2012
MORRISON, Ill. — Marvin C. Tervelt, 95, of Morrison, died Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012, at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Ken Renkes, director of congregational care at Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison, will be officiating. Visitation will be noon until the service time Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice, Clinton, Iowa.
He was born January 29, 1917, in Fenton, Ill., to Lena Tervelt.
Marvin was educated in Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
He married Eleanor J. Holesinger on February 21, 1940, in Morrison; she died September 11, 2007.
Marvin was employed by the United States Post Office in Morrison for 35 years having served as postmaster for many of those years. He also worked as a postmaster trainer. Following his retirement, he worked as a director’s assistant for the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Homes.
Marvin was a member of the Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison and served as an elder, deacon and adult Sunday school teacher. He was a member of the Morrison Lions Club and the Toast Masters Club. He was an avid and skilled woodworker and diehard Cubs fan.
Survivors include one daughter, Larinda Tervelt (Joe Pearson) of Avondale Estates, GA; three sons, Richard (Bonnie) Tervelt of Burlington, NC, Ronald (Carole) Tervelt of Clayton, CA, and Larry (Deb) Tervelt of Loves Park, Ill.; eleven grandchildren; and sixteen great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Eleanor; and one great-granddaughter, Gracelyn Barnes.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Oct. 10, 2012
Morrison, Ill. —
Marvin C. Tervelt
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines