Morrison, Ill. —
Marvin C. Tervelt
Jan. 29, 1917-Oct. 10, 2012
MORRISON, Ill. — Marvin C. Tervelt, 95, of Morrison, died Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012, at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Ken Renkes, director of congregational care at Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison, will be officiating. Visitation will be noon until the service time Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice, Clinton, Iowa.
He was born January 29, 1917, in Fenton, Ill., to Lena Tervelt.
Marvin was educated in Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
He married Eleanor J. Holesinger on February 21, 1940, in Morrison; she died September 11, 2007.
Marvin was employed by the United States Post Office in Morrison for 35 years having served as postmaster for many of those years. He also worked as a postmaster trainer. Following his retirement, he worked as a director’s assistant for the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Homes.
Marvin was a member of the Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison and served as an elder, deacon and adult Sunday school teacher. He was a member of the Morrison Lions Club and the Toast Masters Club. He was an avid and skilled woodworker and diehard Cubs fan.
Survivors include one daughter, Larinda Tervelt (Joe Pearson) of Avondale Estates, GA; three sons, Richard (Bonnie) Tervelt of Burlington, NC, Ronald (Carole) Tervelt of Clayton, CA, and Larry (Deb) Tervelt of Loves Park, Ill.; eleven grandchildren; and sixteen great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Eleanor; and one great-granddaughter, Gracelyn Barnes.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Oct. 10, 2012
Morrison, Ill. —
Marvin C. Tervelt
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- Charles 'Charlie' L. Sexton Charles ‘Charlie’ L. SextonAug. 17, 1942 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — Charles “Charlie” L. Sexton, 71, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, July 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Cl
- Marjorie Behne WHEATLAND — Marjorie (Easton) Behne, 86, of Wheatland, died Friday at Wheatland Manor.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Schultz Funeral Home in Grand Mound. A service of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Christian Free
- More Obituaries Headlines