Morrison, Ill. —
Marvin C. Tervelt
Jan. 29, 1917-Oct. 10, 2012
MORRISON, Ill. — Marvin C. Tervelt, 95, of Morrison, died Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012, at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Ken Renkes, director of congregational care at Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison, will be officiating. Visitation will be noon until the service time Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice, Clinton, Iowa.
He was born January 29, 1917, in Fenton, Ill., to Lena Tervelt.
Marvin was educated in Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
He married Eleanor J. Holesinger on February 21, 1940, in Morrison; she died September 11, 2007.
Marvin was employed by the United States Post Office in Morrison for 35 years having served as postmaster for many of those years. He also worked as a postmaster trainer. Following his retirement, he worked as a director’s assistant for the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Homes.
Marvin was a member of the Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison and served as an elder, deacon and adult Sunday school teacher. He was a member of the Morrison Lions Club and the Toast Masters Club. He was an avid and skilled woodworker and diehard Cubs fan.
Survivors include one daughter, Larinda Tervelt (Joe Pearson) of Avondale Estates, GA; three sons, Richard (Bonnie) Tervelt of Burlington, NC, Ronald (Carole) Tervelt of Clayton, CA, and Larry (Deb) Tervelt of Loves Park, Ill.; eleven grandchildren; and sixteen great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Eleanor; and one great-granddaughter, Gracelyn Barnes.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Oct. 10, 2012
Morrison, Ill. —
Marvin C. Tervelt
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines