July 14, 1919 - Oct. 21, 2012
Grace E. Schwarz, age 93, of Dubuque, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday Oct. 21, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center in Dubuque.
Funeral Mass will be held 11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 25th, at Prince of Peace Parish, Clinton. Visitation will be held Thursday 9:30 a.m. until the service hour at the church. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family. Burial will be held at St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery. Casket bearers will be her grandchildren, Rick, Mark and Brian Mostaert, Amy Mahoney, Peter Schwarz and Mary Oakland. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Grace was born on July 14, 1919, in Cedar Rapids, IA, the daughter of John and Mary (Skalla) Scalla. She married Kenneth Schwarz on Feb. 14, 1942, in Clinton; he died in 1999. Grace worked as a clerk at the Sears Store in Clinton and volunteered at Mercy Medical Center. She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish. She enjoyed camping, computers, traveling and especially her friends at Assisi Village in Dubuque.
Grace is survived by her three children, John Schwarz of Minneapolis, MN, James (Margaret) Schwarz of Bloomington, MN, and Juliane (Richard) Mostaert of Dubuque, IA; six grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two sisters.
Death date: Oct. 21, 2012
July 14, 1919 - Oct. 21, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines