July 14, 1919 - Oct. 21, 2012
Grace E. Schwarz, age 93, of Dubuque, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday Oct. 21, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center in Dubuque.
Funeral Mass will be held 11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 25th, at Prince of Peace Parish, Clinton. Visitation will be held Thursday 9:30 a.m. until the service hour at the church. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family. Burial will be held at St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery. Casket bearers will be her grandchildren, Rick, Mark and Brian Mostaert, Amy Mahoney, Peter Schwarz and Mary Oakland. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Grace was born on July 14, 1919, in Cedar Rapids, IA, the daughter of John and Mary (Skalla) Scalla. She married Kenneth Schwarz on Feb. 14, 1942, in Clinton; he died in 1999. Grace worked as a clerk at the Sears Store in Clinton and volunteered at Mercy Medical Center. She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish. She enjoyed camping, computers, traveling and especially her friends at Assisi Village in Dubuque.
Grace is survived by her three children, John Schwarz of Minneapolis, MN, James (Margaret) Schwarz of Bloomington, MN, and Juliane (Richard) Mostaert of Dubuque, IA; six grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two sisters.
Death date: Oct. 21, 2012
July 14, 1919 - Oct. 21, 2012
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines