August 18, 1925 - October 22, 2012
John “Jack” Holst, 87, of DeWitt, died suddenly Monday morning, October 22, 2012, at Genesis Medical Center, DeWitt, Iowa.
Jack was born Tuesday, August 18, 1925, to Alvin and Anne (Mulvihill) Holst, in Marquette, Manitoba, Canada. Jack’s family returned to Iowa in October of 1925. The family then moved to the Welton area in 1936 where he graduated from high school in 1944 and farmed with his father. Jack was united in marriage to Arlene Schnoor on January 12, 1950, at St. Anthony’s Catholic Church in Davenport, Iowa. The couple farmed together in the Welton area for over 50 years until retiring to DeWitt. After retirement, Jack and Arlene were caretakers for the Clinton County 4-H grounds for 10 years.
Jack was a member of St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Welton, Iowa, for over 75 years. He was also a member of the Welton Volunteer Fire Department, serving as chief for several years, the Clinton County Farm Bureau where he served as township director, the Welton Lions and Clinton County Cattlemen’s Association. He was also a past 4-H leader. Jack enjoyed spending time with his family, collecting toy tractors, playing cards and camping.
In addition to his wife of 62 years, Arlene, Jack is survived by his children, DeAnn (David) King, Cedar Rapids, Dean (Lori) Holst, Dale (Annette) Holst, Donn (Nanette) Holst and David (Tina) Holst, all of DeWitt, Tom (Kim Dominato) Holst, Valrico, Florida, and Michelle (John) Rausenberger, of Clinton; 24 grandchildren and 29 great-grandchildren; a twin sister, Mary Darlene Ward, Center Junction, and sisters, Virginia (Ray) Carstensen, DeWitt, and Janet Schnack, Marion, and a brother, Eugene (Cyndy) Holst, Bettendorf; numerous other relatives.
Jack was preceded in death by an infant son, Dennis John Holst.
The family will greet relatives and friends from 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 25, 2012, at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, Iowa. A funeral Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, October 26, 2012, at St. Joseph Catholic Church, DeWitt. The Reverend Father Paul Connolly will officiate. Burial will follow at St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery, DeWitt.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Oct. 22, 2012
August 18, 1925 - October 22, 2012
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks