In Loving Memory - Orville Henry Meyer
Orville Henry Meyer, 93, of Clinton, Iowa, died Friday, November 9, 2012, at the Alverno. Services will be Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at 10 a.m. at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Visitation will be Tuesday, November 13, 2012, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Jerome Burken, Scott Hansen, Bernhard Bahnsen, Ron Lampe, Leroy Andresen, Jim Ebensberger, Todd Mangler and Bill Allen. Vic Camp will be an honorary pallbearer.
Orville was born April 30, 1919, near Goose Lake, Iowa, the son of Harry and Amanda (Moehr) Drossal. He was adopted by John Meyer after his father died. He married Lucille Christiansen on August 22, 1948, at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Orville farmed northwest of Elvira and was a salesman for Feeder Supply in Elvira. He retired in 1995.
He was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church, the Low Moor Lions Club and the Clinton Eagles Club.
Survivors include his wife, Lucille, of Clinton; brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Don and Evelyn Mohr of Elvira; and two nieces and two nephews.
Orville was preceded in death by his parents.
Memorials may be made to the Elvira Food Pantry, Low Moor Lions Club or a favorite charity.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Nov. 9, 2012
In Loving Memory - Orville Henry Meyer
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- Donald A. Lass Donald A. Lass Jan. 4, 1937 - March 3, 2014 CLINTON -- Donald A. Lass took his Savior's hand and stepped into paradise early Monday morning, March 3, 2014, his father's birthday, after succumbing to long-term effects of Parkinson's disease. Cremation
- Martin 'Marty' Fritz LANARK, Ill. -- Martin "Marty" Fritz, 89, of Lanark, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna, Ill. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at the First Brethren Church in Lanark, with Pastor E. C. Lathrop officiating. Military rit
- Richard S. “Dick” Lewandowski, Jr.
- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal OMAHA, Neb. -- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal, 71, of Omaha, died Feb. 13. Memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. March 29 with Captain Allen Otto officiating the service at the Salvation Army Citadel, 219 First Ave., with a luncheon to follow at the
- James L. 'Jamie' Yarolem BALDWIN -- James L. "Jamie" Yarolem, 48, of Baldwin, died Sunday at his mother's home in rural Baldwin. Friends and family may gather in remembrance on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Cremation has taken p
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen