In Loving Memory - Orville Henry Meyer
Orville Henry Meyer, 93, of Clinton, Iowa, died Friday, November 9, 2012, at the Alverno. Services will be Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at 10 a.m. at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Visitation will be Tuesday, November 13, 2012, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Jerome Burken, Scott Hansen, Bernhard Bahnsen, Ron Lampe, Leroy Andresen, Jim Ebensberger, Todd Mangler and Bill Allen. Vic Camp will be an honorary pallbearer.
Orville was born April 30, 1919, near Goose Lake, Iowa, the son of Harry and Amanda (Moehr) Drossal. He was adopted by John Meyer after his father died. He married Lucille Christiansen on August 22, 1948, at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Orville farmed northwest of Elvira and was a salesman for Feeder Supply in Elvira. He retired in 1995.
He was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church, the Low Moor Lions Club and the Clinton Eagles Club.
Survivors include his wife, Lucille, of Clinton; brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Don and Evelyn Mohr of Elvira; and two nieces and two nephews.
Orville was preceded in death by his parents.
Memorials may be made to the Elvira Food Pantry, Low Moor Lions Club or a favorite charity.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Nov. 9, 2012
In Loving Memory - Orville Henry Meyer
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines