Dec. 30, 1945 - July 4, 2012
Marilyn J. Bentley, 66, of Dubuque, left her earthly responsibilities at 2:12 a.m., Wednesday, July 4, 2012 and will continue her work as an angel in heaven.
Visitation will be Sunday, July 8, from 4 to 6 pm at St. Peter Lutheran Church, Dubuque. Memorial services will be Monday, July 9, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at St. Peter Lutheran Church where there will also be a visitation from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. The Egelhof, Siegert & Casper Westview Funeral Home and Cremation Service, Dubuque, is in charge of arrangements.
Marilyn was born December 30, 1945 in Clinton, Iowa, daughter of Richard and Jane (Winter) Hendricks. She graduated from Clinton High School in 1964. On July 2, 1966 she married Roger Bentley at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa.
Marilyn received her B.S.E from Wayne State College in 1971 and her M.A.E from Loras College in 1993. She worked as a teacher and counselor for the Dubuque Community School District for 34 years, retiring in 2007. She was a member of the Finley Auxiliary and St. Peter Lutheran Church. She enjoyed baking desserts, boating, had a life-long love of learning, and shared her love with others.
For eight years she faced the challenge of cancer with courage and grace.
Marilyn is survived by her husband, Roger Bentley of Dubuque; two sons, Casey (Laura) Bentley of Marion, Iowa and their children, Connor and Caitlyn; and Noah (Jennifer) Bentley of Castalia, Iowa and their children, Owen and Addison; two daughters, Erica (Ryan) Heise of Lenexa, Kansas and their children, Ainsley, Cooper and Bohde; and Megan (Nick) Meier of Dubuque and their unborn child due in October.
She is also survived by a brother, Jock (Bonnie) Hendricks of Clinton, Iowa and a sister, Sandra Dennes of San Antonio, Texas.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be given to Hospice of Dubuque, Dubuque Internal Medicine, Oncology Dept., and St. Peter Lutheran Church.
The family would like to thank Dr. Mark Hermann and nurses Sandy, Linda, Judy, Terry and Jackie and Tony Heiar, all of Dubuque Internal Medicine Oncology as well as the nurses and staff at Hospice of Dubuque, especially Dawn, Megan, Jan and Lisa.
Death date: July 4, 2012
Dec. 30, 1945 - July 4, 2012
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines