Dec. 30, 1945 - July 4, 2012
Marilyn J. Bentley, 66, of Dubuque, left her earthly responsibilities at 2:12 a.m., Wednesday, July 4, 2012 and will continue her work as an angel in heaven.
Visitation will be Sunday, July 8, from 4 to 6 pm at St. Peter Lutheran Church, Dubuque. Memorial services will be Monday, July 9, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at St. Peter Lutheran Church where there will also be a visitation from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. The Egelhof, Siegert & Casper Westview Funeral Home and Cremation Service, Dubuque, is in charge of arrangements.
Marilyn was born December 30, 1945 in Clinton, Iowa, daughter of Richard and Jane (Winter) Hendricks. She graduated from Clinton High School in 1964. On July 2, 1966 she married Roger Bentley at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa.
Marilyn received her B.S.E from Wayne State College in 1971 and her M.A.E from Loras College in 1993. She worked as a teacher and counselor for the Dubuque Community School District for 34 years, retiring in 2007. She was a member of the Finley Auxiliary and St. Peter Lutheran Church. She enjoyed baking desserts, boating, had a life-long love of learning, and shared her love with others.
For eight years she faced the challenge of cancer with courage and grace.
Marilyn is survived by her husband, Roger Bentley of Dubuque; two sons, Casey (Laura) Bentley of Marion, Iowa and their children, Connor and Caitlyn; and Noah (Jennifer) Bentley of Castalia, Iowa and their children, Owen and Addison; two daughters, Erica (Ryan) Heise of Lenexa, Kansas and their children, Ainsley, Cooper and Bohde; and Megan (Nick) Meier of Dubuque and their unborn child due in October.
She is also survived by a brother, Jock (Bonnie) Hendricks of Clinton, Iowa and a sister, Sandra Dennes of San Antonio, Texas.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be given to Hospice of Dubuque, Dubuque Internal Medicine, Oncology Dept., and St. Peter Lutheran Church.
The family would like to thank Dr. Mark Hermann and nurses Sandy, Linda, Judy, Terry and Jackie and Tony Heiar, all of Dubuque Internal Medicine Oncology as well as the nurses and staff at Hospice of Dubuque, especially Dawn, Megan, Jan and Lisa.
Death date: July 4, 2012
Dec. 30, 1945 - July 4, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines