Dec. 30, 1945 - July 4, 2012
Marilyn J. Bentley, 66, of Dubuque, left her earthly responsibilities at 2:12 a.m., Wednesday, July 4, 2012 and will continue her work as an angel in heaven.
Visitation will be Sunday, July 8, from 4 to 6 pm at St. Peter Lutheran Church, Dubuque. Memorial services will be Monday, July 9, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at St. Peter Lutheran Church where there will also be a visitation from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. The Egelhof, Siegert & Casper Westview Funeral Home and Cremation Service, Dubuque, is in charge of arrangements.
Marilyn was born December 30, 1945 in Clinton, Iowa, daughter of Richard and Jane (Winter) Hendricks. She graduated from Clinton High School in 1964. On July 2, 1966 she married Roger Bentley at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa.
Marilyn received her B.S.E from Wayne State College in 1971 and her M.A.E from Loras College in 1993. She worked as a teacher and counselor for the Dubuque Community School District for 34 years, retiring in 2007. She was a member of the Finley Auxiliary and St. Peter Lutheran Church. She enjoyed baking desserts, boating, had a life-long love of learning, and shared her love with others.
For eight years she faced the challenge of cancer with courage and grace.
Marilyn is survived by her husband, Roger Bentley of Dubuque; two sons, Casey (Laura) Bentley of Marion, Iowa and their children, Connor and Caitlyn; and Noah (Jennifer) Bentley of Castalia, Iowa and their children, Owen and Addison; two daughters, Erica (Ryan) Heise of Lenexa, Kansas and their children, Ainsley, Cooper and Bohde; and Megan (Nick) Meier of Dubuque and their unborn child due in October.
She is also survived by a brother, Jock (Bonnie) Hendricks of Clinton, Iowa and a sister, Sandra Dennes of San Antonio, Texas.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be given to Hospice of Dubuque, Dubuque Internal Medicine, Oncology Dept., and St. Peter Lutheran Church.
The family would like to thank Dr. Mark Hermann and nurses Sandy, Linda, Judy, Terry and Jackie and Tony Heiar, all of Dubuque Internal Medicine Oncology as well as the nurses and staff at Hospice of Dubuque, especially Dawn, Megan, Jan and Lisa.
Death date: July 4, 2012
Dec. 30, 1945 - July 4, 2012
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks