Savanna, Ill. —
Lavonne A. Holland
June 18, 1921-Oct. 10, 2012
SAVANNA, Ill. — Lavonne A. Holland, 91, of Savanna, Illinois, formerly of Morrison, Illinois, died Wednesday, October 10, 2012, at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna.
A visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday, October 15, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. A visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service at the church on Tuesday, October 16, 2012. A funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, October 16, 2012, at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, Savanna. Burial will take place in Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison, Illinois, following a luncheon at the church. In lieu of flowers, memorials will be given to Parkinson Disease Research and Education. Condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Lavonne was born June 18, 1921, in Morrison, Illinois, the daughter of Guy and Hazel (James) Jones. She graduated from Morrison High School and the Jane Lamb School of Nursing, Clinton. Lavonne worked as a registered nurse at Jane Lamb Hospital, Morrison Community Hospital and Savanna City Hospital. Lavonne married Marvin “Bob” Holland on November 8, 1942, in Fresno, California. After World War II, they lived in Blackhawk Village and moved to Savanna in 1951. Bob passed away on February 16, 1996.
Lavonne was a 4-H club leader and an active member of the PTA. She was a longtime member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church where she taught Sunday school and was a Lydian Society member. She was also a member of Birthday and Bridge clubs. Lavonne enjoyed teaching others to knit and sew. She enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening and writing poetry. Lavonne took pride in her family’s heritage.
Lavonne is survived by four children, Beth (James) Zid of McHenry, Illinois; William Holland of Punta Gorda, Florida; David (Sharon) Holland of Holmen, Wisconsin; and Alan Holland of West Lafayette, Indiana; eleven grandchildren, Tessa, Karina (Paul), Kent (Danielle), Daniel, Mark (Britta), Kristin, Kathrin (Matthew), Carl, Patrick, Sierra and Angela; three great-grandchildren, Ave, Mila and Halena; and one brother, Kenneth (Molly) Jones of Morrison.
Lavonne was preceded in death by both parents, her husband, Bob, and two brothers.
Death date: Oct. 10, 2012
Savanna, Ill. —
Lavonne A. Holland
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines