Savanna, Ill. —
Lavonne A. Holland
June 18, 1921-Oct. 10, 2012
SAVANNA, Ill. — Lavonne A. Holland, 91, of Savanna, Illinois, formerly of Morrison, Illinois, died Wednesday, October 10, 2012, at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna.
A visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday, October 15, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. A visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service at the church on Tuesday, October 16, 2012. A funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, October 16, 2012, at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, Savanna. Burial will take place in Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison, Illinois, following a luncheon at the church. In lieu of flowers, memorials will be given to Parkinson Disease Research and Education. Condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Lavonne was born June 18, 1921, in Morrison, Illinois, the daughter of Guy and Hazel (James) Jones. She graduated from Morrison High School and the Jane Lamb School of Nursing, Clinton. Lavonne worked as a registered nurse at Jane Lamb Hospital, Morrison Community Hospital and Savanna City Hospital. Lavonne married Marvin “Bob” Holland on November 8, 1942, in Fresno, California. After World War II, they lived in Blackhawk Village and moved to Savanna in 1951. Bob passed away on February 16, 1996.
Lavonne was a 4-H club leader and an active member of the PTA. She was a longtime member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church where she taught Sunday school and was a Lydian Society member. She was also a member of Birthday and Bridge clubs. Lavonne enjoyed teaching others to knit and sew. She enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening and writing poetry. Lavonne took pride in her family’s heritage.
Lavonne is survived by four children, Beth (James) Zid of McHenry, Illinois; William Holland of Punta Gorda, Florida; David (Sharon) Holland of Holmen, Wisconsin; and Alan Holland of West Lafayette, Indiana; eleven grandchildren, Tessa, Karina (Paul), Kent (Danielle), Daniel, Mark (Britta), Kristin, Kathrin (Matthew), Carl, Patrick, Sierra and Angela; three great-grandchildren, Ave, Mila and Halena; and one brother, Kenneth (Molly) Jones of Morrison.
Lavonne was preceded in death by both parents, her husband, Bob, and two brothers.
Death date: Oct. 10, 2012
Savanna, Ill. —
Lavonne A. Holland
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines