Savanna, Ill. —
Lavonne A. Holland
June 18, 1921-Oct. 10, 2012
SAVANNA, Ill. — Lavonne A. Holland, 91, of Savanna, Illinois, formerly of Morrison, Illinois, died Wednesday, October 10, 2012, at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna.
A visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday, October 15, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. A visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service at the church on Tuesday, October 16, 2012. A funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, October 16, 2012, at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, Savanna. Burial will take place in Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison, Illinois, following a luncheon at the church. In lieu of flowers, memorials will be given to Parkinson Disease Research and Education. Condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Lavonne was born June 18, 1921, in Morrison, Illinois, the daughter of Guy and Hazel (James) Jones. She graduated from Morrison High School and the Jane Lamb School of Nursing, Clinton. Lavonne worked as a registered nurse at Jane Lamb Hospital, Morrison Community Hospital and Savanna City Hospital. Lavonne married Marvin “Bob” Holland on November 8, 1942, in Fresno, California. After World War II, they lived in Blackhawk Village and moved to Savanna in 1951. Bob passed away on February 16, 1996.
Lavonne was a 4-H club leader and an active member of the PTA. She was a longtime member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church where she taught Sunday school and was a Lydian Society member. She was also a member of Birthday and Bridge clubs. Lavonne enjoyed teaching others to knit and sew. She enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening and writing poetry. Lavonne took pride in her family’s heritage.
Lavonne is survived by four children, Beth (James) Zid of McHenry, Illinois; William Holland of Punta Gorda, Florida; David (Sharon) Holland of Holmen, Wisconsin; and Alan Holland of West Lafayette, Indiana; eleven grandchildren, Tessa, Karina (Paul), Kent (Danielle), Daniel, Mark (Britta), Kristin, Kathrin (Matthew), Carl, Patrick, Sierra and Angela; three great-grandchildren, Ave, Mila and Halena; and one brother, Kenneth (Molly) Jones of Morrison.
Lavonne was preceded in death by both parents, her husband, Bob, and two brothers.
Death date: Oct. 10, 2012
Savanna, Ill. —
Lavonne A. Holland
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines