Savanna, Ill. —
Lavonne A. Holland
June 18, 1921-Oct. 10, 2012
SAVANNA, Ill. — Lavonne A. Holland, 91, of Savanna, Illinois, formerly of Morrison, Illinois, died Wednesday, October 10, 2012, at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna.
A visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday, October 15, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. A visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service at the church on Tuesday, October 16, 2012. A funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, October 16, 2012, at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, Savanna. Burial will take place in Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison, Illinois, following a luncheon at the church. In lieu of flowers, memorials will be given to Parkinson Disease Research and Education. Condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Lavonne was born June 18, 1921, in Morrison, Illinois, the daughter of Guy and Hazel (James) Jones. She graduated from Morrison High School and the Jane Lamb School of Nursing, Clinton. Lavonne worked as a registered nurse at Jane Lamb Hospital, Morrison Community Hospital and Savanna City Hospital. Lavonne married Marvin “Bob” Holland on November 8, 1942, in Fresno, California. After World War II, they lived in Blackhawk Village and moved to Savanna in 1951. Bob passed away on February 16, 1996.
Lavonne was a 4-H club leader and an active member of the PTA. She was a longtime member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church where she taught Sunday school and was a Lydian Society member. She was also a member of Birthday and Bridge clubs. Lavonne enjoyed teaching others to knit and sew. She enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening and writing poetry. Lavonne took pride in her family’s heritage.
Lavonne is survived by four children, Beth (James) Zid of McHenry, Illinois; William Holland of Punta Gorda, Florida; David (Sharon) Holland of Holmen, Wisconsin; and Alan Holland of West Lafayette, Indiana; eleven grandchildren, Tessa, Karina (Paul), Kent (Danielle), Daniel, Mark (Britta), Kristin, Kathrin (Matthew), Carl, Patrick, Sierra and Angela; three great-grandchildren, Ave, Mila and Halena; and one brother, Kenneth (Molly) Jones of Morrison.
Lavonne was preceded in death by both parents, her husband, Bob, and two brothers.
Death date: Oct. 10, 2012
Savanna, Ill. —
Lavonne A. Holland
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines