Savanna, Ill. —
Lavonne A. Holland
June 18, 1921-Oct. 10, 2012
SAVANNA, Ill. — Lavonne A. Holland, 91, of Savanna, Illinois, formerly of Morrison, Illinois, died Wednesday, October 10, 2012, at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna.
A visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday, October 15, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. A visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service at the church on Tuesday, October 16, 2012. A funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, October 16, 2012, at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, Savanna. Burial will take place in Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison, Illinois, following a luncheon at the church. In lieu of flowers, memorials will be given to Parkinson Disease Research and Education. Condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Lavonne was born June 18, 1921, in Morrison, Illinois, the daughter of Guy and Hazel (James) Jones. She graduated from Morrison High School and the Jane Lamb School of Nursing, Clinton. Lavonne worked as a registered nurse at Jane Lamb Hospital, Morrison Community Hospital and Savanna City Hospital. Lavonne married Marvin “Bob” Holland on November 8, 1942, in Fresno, California. After World War II, they lived in Blackhawk Village and moved to Savanna in 1951. Bob passed away on February 16, 1996.
Lavonne was a 4-H club leader and an active member of the PTA. She was a longtime member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church where she taught Sunday school and was a Lydian Society member. She was also a member of Birthday and Bridge clubs. Lavonne enjoyed teaching others to knit and sew. She enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening and writing poetry. Lavonne took pride in her family’s heritage.
Lavonne is survived by four children, Beth (James) Zid of McHenry, Illinois; William Holland of Punta Gorda, Florida; David (Sharon) Holland of Holmen, Wisconsin; and Alan Holland of West Lafayette, Indiana; eleven grandchildren, Tessa, Karina (Paul), Kent (Danielle), Daniel, Mark (Britta), Kristin, Kathrin (Matthew), Carl, Patrick, Sierra and Angela; three great-grandchildren, Ave, Mila and Halena; and one brother, Kenneth (Molly) Jones of Morrison.
Lavonne was preceded in death by both parents, her husband, Bob, and two brothers.
Death date: Oct. 10, 2012
Savanna, Ill. —
Lavonne A. Holland
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines