Catherine “Cathy” M. Johnson
March 12, 1951-Oct. 11, 2012
CAMANCHE — Catherine “Cathy” M. Johnson, 61, of Camanche, died Thursday, October 11, 2012, at her home in Camanche.
The family will greet friends from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory on Monday, October 15, 2012. Online condolences may be expressed to the family by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Catherine Margaret Mahmens was born on March 12, 1951, in Clinton, the daughter of Earl and Gloria (Langfitt) Mahmens. She was a 1969 graduate of Clinton High School.
Cathy married Bobby Hansen; he preceded her in death in 1978. She later married Steve Johnson on November 18, 2000, at their home in Camanche.
Cathy was employed at the Alverno as a housekeeper prior to her battle with cancer. She also was employed at PFC in Camanche.
Cathy enjoyed racing and supporting her husband in his races and enjoyed collecting Dept. 56 collectables. She loved spending time tending to her flowers and garden at her house, and loved all animals especially her dogs and cats.
Cathy is survived by her husband, Steve of Camanche; one son, Jason (Jennifer) Hansen of Phoenix, Arizona; two grandchildren; her mother, Gloria Mahmens of Clinton; her sister, Cindi Kelly-Wurster of Clinton; and several nieces and nephews.
Cathy was preceded in death by her first husband and her father, Earl.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Death date: Oct. 11, 2012
Catherine “Cathy” M. Johnson
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines